Sign in to follow this  
Excelex

Will we be able to preload the game?

I do not understand how this game is not appearing in "Game Previews" or "Games Comming soon" on my Xbox one. How can you guys promote a PR with the xbox players if the game is only downloadable on the day it is released. Not one person in this world wants to download 60+ gb game at midnight on October 8th. This is an average of 2+ hours of download time..

I guess my only option is to change my location to NewZealand and download the game 24 hours before the actual release for my NA location since the servers are already up and running..

Edited by Excelex
  • Like 1

There was recently news of this game coming to Xbox featured on Inside Xbox.

But there is yet to be any sign of this game in the store or preview section. 

Im sure it will be added soon.

Edited by NeedSmokes

2 hours ago, Excelex said:

I do not understand how this game is not appearing in "Game Previews" or "Games Comming soon" on my Xbox one. How can you guys promote a PR with the xbox players if the game is only downloadable on the day it is released. Not one person in this world wants to download 60+ gb game at midnight on October 8th. This is an average of 2+ hours of download time..

I guess my only option is to change my location to NewZealand and download the game 24 hours before the actual release for my NA location since the servers are already up and running..

It’s possible the game might release on the 8th,  but based on GC’s track record to date, I wouldn’t count on it. Since they’ve already said that NA PVP is iterating the Xbox launch version over the 10 day window between, they may be waiting til last minute to release a preload version.

• Thanks 1

Now they don't bring up their game on steam only. If you work together with Microsoft, so you get no more window for delays. 8.10. Is set and will come. 

4 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

Now they don't bring up their game on steam only. If you work together with Microsoft, so you get no more window for delays. 8.10. Is set and will come. 

That is not true forb. They still have to have their finished product pass Xbox QA. There is a good chance of a delay. 

There will now be a good window for delays every single time they update because of Xbox QA. Steam let them roll out anything when they wanted. Xbox will not be letting them do that.

29 minutes ago, Realist said:

That is not true forb. They still have to have their finished product pass Xbox QA. There is a good chance of a delay. 

There will now be a good window for delays every single time they update because of Xbox QA. Steam let them roll out anything when they wanted. Xbox will not be letting them do that.

That's true. Microsoft and Sony require certification before any software is released on their platforms, even patches. 

They are doing such a bad job at advertising right now. It is shameful. Still don’t actually know the exact price. Still don’t know if it is midnight release or sometimes in the morning.

smh there is only 3 1/2 days left.

5 hours ago, Realist said:

They are doing such a bad job at advertising right now. It is shameful. Still don’t actually know the exact price. Still don’t know if it is midnight release or sometimes in the morning.

smh there is only 3 1/2 days left.

true. In the current state, I would not pay more then 10 euros for it. Its lightyears apart from a fullprice product. There is so much missing amd still not working good. That I belive is another reason why there bad decision have a even worst impact on player numbers. 

14 minutes ago, Samstag Freitagsson said:

true. In the current state, I would not pay more then 10 euros for it. Its lightyears apart from a fullprice product. There is so much missing amd still not working good. That I belive is another reason why there bad decision have a even worst impact on player numbers. 

Yes to this. This is very sub par to what they should be doing. As far as I am concerned, it is not happening on the 8th anymore. If they had everything gold then it would be set in stone. It is not set in stone just because we had a reveal.

After reading carefully the captain's log it says ATLAS will be available for digital download on the 8th of October 2019.

I just can suggest you guys to set you XBox's Home-Nation as NewZealand and enjoy the game much sooner than intended time for your region.

Se yall in game on 8th!

I shall be holding out a few weeks after launch as I gather info on Xbox players experiences on Atlas. 

Crossplay is my concern as it hasn't been welcomed on other titles I have been playing. Sea of Thrives being one such game. They never did get it balanced and the 1v1 combat of Console Vs PC lacks equality, and can sour the whole experience.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:59 AM, Excelex said:

That will not happen or work. If the game releases at midnight it will be pacific standard time at midnight. It won’t matter what time zone you go to. New Zealand people won’t be able to download until the 9th. Everyone gets it released at the same time and pacific standard time is usually what you go off of.

19 hours ago, Il_Mar3mmano said:

I just can suggest you guys to set you XBox's Home-Nation as NewZealand and enjoy the game much sooner than intended time for your region.

Se yall in game on 8th!

Won’t work.

12 minutes ago, Realist said:

That will not happen or work. If the game releases at midnight it will be pacific standard time at midnight. It won’t matter what time zone you go to. New Zealand people won’t be able to download until the 9th. Everyone gets it released at the same time and pacific standard time is usually what you go off of.

Won’t work.

says: ATLAS will be available for digital download on the 8th of October 2019

They do not specify a time. If this is a timed released as in the developers already uploaded it to the xbox live store and it passed all the checksums and security protocols. No matter the region the 8th is the 8th. Where in the post does it say anything about a timezoned release date?

47 minutes ago, Excelex said:

says: ATLAS will be available for digital download on the 8th of October 2019

They do not specify a time. If this is a timed released as in the developers already uploaded it to the xbox live store and it passed all the checksums and security protocols. No matter the region the 8th is the 8th. Where in the post does it say anything about a timezoned release date?

Nope. They are based in the United States. If the make the deadline it will be available 12 midnight of the 8th PST

Unless they are doing something waaaaaay out of the norm for Grapeshot (not likely) the game will release for Xbox for d/l at 12:01 EST or PST. There is a long track record of this on title after title. Most titles have been PST releases, but just to throw enough confusion into the mix they have had a handful that have released at EST. 

53 minutes ago, Excelex said:

@JATHEISH @DOLLIE can either one of you guys confirm anything about when it will be released?

We'll be sharing the exact time of day over this weekend. 

3 hours ago, Dollie said:

We'll be sharing the exact time of day over this weekend. 

Would be nice as 2/3 of the servers coming back are EU servers, that it'd be something like early evening in the EU when they come back online.

1 hour ago, Jack Shandy said:

Would be nice as 2/3 of the servers coming back are EU servers, that it'd be something like early evening in the EU when they come back online.

Probably either midnight PST or 8 am PST

14 hours ago, Dollie said:

🎮What: ATLAS Official Server Network Launch and Xbox Crossplay Launch. ⏰When: 12pm EST October 8th 🤷‍♀️What Do: It will be available on Xbox Game Preview then!

Edited by UnknownSystemError

Thank you, 5pm GMT. 

For a weekday this is likely ideal for a lot of EU players.

Quote: - I understand some of you don't want to join the Official Discord and I'll remain aware of that and diligent in cross-posting anything relevant here also. 

Great news, shame about your diligence.

Edited by Jack Shandy

15 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

I can admit when I am wrong and I was actually 1 hour off. I was wrong. It is in fact 9 not 8 pst.

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

I can admit when I am wrong and I was actually 1 hour off. I was wrong. It is in fact 9 not 8 pst.

Well you predicted a lot of different times in various posts, so you were never going to be very far out with one of them.