Redarcus

Explain pls why push update Friday night/ saturday morning

Dear Devs,

Admins pls try to explain me why push an update on Start of the weekend?  Why not as other big company Uplay/Ubisoft Paradox and others. They often push update atleast the lastest day midweek. So they have time to hotfix thing so player could have fun playing the games in the weekend? Prably you prefere people run a way and make room for Xbox players,

Also like for example Paradox use the beta tab option of steamclient game option to rollback gameversions. So people have choice if patch break the game they stail l can play te revert and go to the last good playble verion.

Maybe i am used to game devs/companies they do more care about there customers base and are less greedy to get a piece of The Crossplatform / console playerbase piece of cake and there pocketmoney?

They screwed up a lot of MP server / and i  doubt there was lots of custermerservice/ technical support standby for the server owners? So why push update mandatory start of the weekend?

Yours sincleery

I guess because Wildcard. With all due respect, they’re not the brightest in very simple matters. But all I can say it runs fine for me still, I haven’t had any issues other than some hitbox bugs and AoTD hitting me through ground and rocks. So no need to start this discussion imo. 

• Haha 1

Ubisoft has like 20 DlCs for all their games And atleast Grapeshot calls atlas early Access while ubisoft fully releases tames that have so many Bugs that its more alpha State than anything Else.

• Confused 1

It's not the first and surely not the last thread about that unbelievable bad community management. But as long as the game is in a developing state, they can use this as an excuse. 

Last week I thinked once, that I maybe should buy a Xbox, just to stay up to date with the Atlas news...

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Percieval said:

I guess because Wildcard. With all due respect, they’re not the brightest in very simple matters

Ya kinda like taking all servers down for 8 days right before a weekend...

On 9/30/2019 at 6:04 AM, Redarcus said:

Dear Devs,

Admins pls try to explain me why push an update on Start of the weekend?  Why not as other big company Uplay/Ubisoft Paradox and others. They often push update atleast the lastest day midweek. So they have time to hotfix thing so player could have fun playing the games in the weekend? Prably you prefere people run a way and make room for Xbox players,

Also like for example Paradox use the beta tab option of steamclient game option to rollback gameversions. So people have choice if patch break the game they stail l can play te revert and go to the last good playble verion.

Maybe i am used to game devs/companies they do more care about there customers base and are less greedy to get a piece of The Crossplatform / console playerbase piece of cake and there pocketmoney?

They screwed up a lot of MP server / and i  doubt there was lots of custermerservice/ technical support standby for the server owners? So why push update mandatory start of the weekend?

Yours sincleery

No offense but please tell me you did not specifically mention Ubisoft as a company you prefer and then later imply they care more about their customers and are less greedy than GC. That’s really just not a credible assertion about any company that uses lootboxes in their games considering loot boxes are considered one of the main ways to increase monetization in gaming, allowing the companies using them to extract more money from their players without adding value to their experience. 

Lootboxes have been outright banned in Belgium and the Netherlands because of the way they amount to encouraging addictive gambling behavior and other governments are looking closely at regulatory/legistlative action in this direction. 

Bottom line, asserting that any company which uses them is less greedy and/or cares more about their customers than a company which does not is just not a supportable assertion in my book.

15 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

No offense but please tell me you did not specifically mention Ubisoft as a company you prefer and then later imply they care more about their customers and are less greedy than GC. That’s really just not a credible assertion about any company that uses lootboxes in their games considering loot boxes are considered one of the main ways to increase monetization in gaming, allowing the companies using them to extract more money from their players without adding value to their experience. 

Lootboxes have been outright banned in Belgium and the Netherlands because of the way they amount to encouraging addictive gambling behavior and other governments are looking closely at regulatory/legistlative action in this direction. 

Bottom line, asserting that any company which uses them is less greedy and/or cares more about their customers than a company which does not is just not a supportable assertion in my book.

i dont think lootboxes has anything to do with the standar developing procedures, one is greed and the other one is simply unprofesionalism, as a company you can have both, none or one of those thraits, they are not excludent from eachother, not having one or both doesnt insta make you a good guy, what OP is referring to when mentioning ubisoft is the standar procedure of not releasing updates near the weekend, not that theose greedy bastards care a bout us.

15 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Maybe i have no issuee with lootboxes and ofcourse i live in the netherlands and they did say lootboxes are illigal so they are going out game. Maybe i played the wrong game. I did not see lootboxes is Openbeta of Ghost recon or in Redleased anno1800. Yeah ubisoft games too are not always polished.  I do think the cloase beta and technical testing and then release. Feels less greedy. Maybe it is only my wrong opinion. Paradox yeah have a lot of dlc , you do not need always to buy all at the same time. I only buy dlc of paradox on sale. if you patience at least it save 50 procent of your money. Company still make reveanue and devolp games.  Overal they are never pushing a game update before the weekend. I had no problem with Xbox release if they did do beter beta testing and not screw  almost  all the servers of the pc player base.

2 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

i dont think lootboxes has anything to do with the standar developing procedures, one is greed and the other one is simply unprofesionalism, as a company you can have both, none or one of those thraits, they are not excludent from eachother, not having one or both doesnt insta make you a good guy, what OP is referring to when mentioning ubisoft is the standar procedure of not releasing updates near the weekend, not that theose greedy bastards care a bout us.

The first update could be a mistake in august. But the repeated it. I thinke bad reviews came launch in Dec2018/ Jan2019. Game concept of early acces and earning morning is new concept. I think maybe i am dreaming about old school big game company who have big pockets to make a game and do not need early acces money and revenue and even get xbox revenu onboard.  I still think if you get a to huge player base payed for early acces and get disappointed it is not good for your brand. Every company have there own way of marketing and caring. I think this companye feels take less care of the supported community. You can not make everybody happy. More respect for your early acces beta testtester could be fine. I also play Emperion and that is more about listing to the community who supports the game. More respect. Yes you can argue do not play atlas , probably you are right. I see the potential but it would be fine to get some more respect they also give more respect to Server owner/ server admins. Or they are really out of money and have no community manager or people do the corporate talking/getting Brand management/does soem soccial media investment other then putting all the social media button on the website but do not care lol. 

On 9/30/2019 at 1:38 PM, zottel said:

Ubisoft has like 20 DlCs for all their games And atleast Grapeshot calls atlas early Access while ubisoft fully releases tames that have so many Bugs that its more alpha State than anything Else.

maybe i bought the wrong games or on the wrong time. Yeah Anno1800 had his flaws overall i liked it and did not encouter huge problems. I did do testing Ghost recon and did not enouter much problem. Even had it with Heroes and migh Magic 7?? 6?  maybe i was to pickey at games i did not encouter to much problem. yeah DRM uplay launcher, hate love relation. The company on there way looks like  for my feeling give a bid more respect to there players?

Could be just me then, but every assasins creed was released with so many Bugs that it was unplayable at release. Not that its only ubisoft tho,EA does that with battlefield too. I think Grapeshot does very well Compared to Other publishers,sure it may take some Time but they try And make the Game what Players Want it to be bit by bit. 

On 9/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, Redarcus said:

So they have time to hotfix thing so player could have fun playing the games in the weekend?

Pfft. Fun. You are a glorified alpha Tester that actually payed to do the job 😛 Fun is not part of the agreement clearly.

10 hours ago, Redarcus said:

Maybe i have no issuee with lootboxes and ofcourse i live in the netherlands and they did say lootboxes are illigal so they are going out game. Maybe i played the wrong game. I did not see lootboxes is Openbeta of Ghost recon or in Redleased anno1800. Yeah ubisoft games too are not always polished.  I do think the cloase beta and technical testing and then release. Feels less greedy. Maybe it is only my wrong opinion. Paradox yeah have a lot of dlc , you do not need always to buy all at the same time. I only buy dlc of paradox on sale. if you patience at least it save 50 procent of your money. Company still make reveanue and devolp games.  Overal they are never pushing a game update before the weekend. I had no problem with Xbox release if they did do beter beta testing and not screw  almost  all the servers of the pc player base.

You might personally have no issue with lootboxes but if you understand what they do and how they do it from the companies perspective, it becomes obvious that the company driven by greed and lack of caring for its customers is the one far more likely to use them.