DeliaHaze20

What happened to the seahorse??

10 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

A) You asked a question on an open forum. I answered the question straightforwardly. I do not see anything in my answer that merited the hostility in your reply. Before you tell others they need to get help, perhaps you should ask yourself why you felt it necessary to react with such hostility to someone giving a perfectly reasonable answer to your question. Because both your response and the tone of it were certainly not reasonable.

B) You like tames and you like Ark. That’s great, I liked Ark as well, so much so that I have 4K hours in it and ran a multi server cluster community of several hundred players for over a year. Atlas was not advertised as Ark, an Ark sequel, or tame oriented. It was promoted as a pirate fantasy themed game. Many players came here expecting just that and excited to play such a game. What they found instead was a game that was barely playable and a development team that in developing said barebones game did not seem to be taking it in the direction of pirate fantasy but instead seemed to be making it a version of Ark that happened to also include a lot of water and a few ships. This idea may appeal to you personally, but it is not what the game was promoted as and it is not what the majority of players expected. Their expectations were not unreasonable, but for you to tell people who didn’t get the advertised game to go play Sea of Thieves is a hostile and unreasonable response to a perfectly reasonable expectation.

C) If you don’t see a future for this game let me assure you that it is not because it lacks enough tames. I have been active on these forums since day one. For every post with positive comments about tames I can think of 20 saying essentially “ we didn’t buy Atlas for tames. We bought it for pirates and there doesn’t seem to be much pirate stuff.” The game has fared exceedingly poorly thus far and based on the overwhelming majority of comments here and ingame, it isn’t for lack of tames but for lack of pirate content, specifically lack of emphasis on ship oriented activities. Saying “who doesn’t like riding a dragon to attack your enemies?” misses the point. I could just as easily say “ who doesn’t like riding a T. rex into battle?” But if I’m doing it on the forums for Grand Theft Auto or Ghost Recon, both games with themes of gritty realism, I’m not being reasonable or realistic.

D) The notion that tames will keep Atlas alive is very much a dubious one. Saying you don’t care what the community thinks is illogical. The community is who has to like the game to keep it alive. If the community ie the players don’t like the game, it dies. So far they have voiced their displeasure quite clearly, your personal views notwithstanding, and they have left in droves. You may want another Ark, but if the devs listen to you rather than the overwhelming majority who have said they do not, then you will not have a game to play for very long unless you’re going to personally finance the game’s development.

E) Instead of blasting people who don’t share your personal preferences, you would be better served to do some research here and ingame, be fair minded and realistic and you will come to understand that fighting FOR tames in Atlas is actually fighting for the game to die. It is fighting for the game to be something other than what it has been marketed as, and that disconnect has contributed directly to the game dropping from over 40k online at opening to barely 1500 in 9 months. That’s horrible, and not something any game can survive for long. 

world of tanks is great because it has tanks, introduce tanks, you dont need tanks to steal a boat.

he didnt eat it, i took my hat and stuck it up his ass, then he died. srry but there was no atlas's developer nearby and i needed to stick that hat on someone's ass. does this look reasonable to you!!!

5 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

world of tanks is great because it has tanks, introduce tanks, you dont need tanks to steal a boat.

he didnt eat it, i took my hat and stuck it up his ass, then he died. srry but there was no atlas's developer nearby and i needed to stick that hat on someone's ass. does this look reasonable to you!!!

i am so sick and tried of this community always talking down to people and i tried to be respectful at first but people like him set me off. and what would you rather have me do then? report him? this is very disrespectful!!

If you want to tame creatures you should have to devote half of your skill points to do so. Taming should be a specialized class. Don't give the heal pet spell until max level taming. Low level taming should be able to get the little stuff because that's cool. However the bigger animals should be max level taming only.

Edited by Vincenttnecniv
Autocorrect..

8 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

i am so sick and tried of this community always talking down to people and i tried to be respectful at first but people like him set me off. and what would you rather have me do then? report him? this is very disrespectful!!

you know what im done thats right DONE! i ask a question to a dev and i get shit for it this is grapeshot aka wildcard who made ark so i bought this game thinking it was going to be like ark ok sue me when they add the tortugar i was excited thinking it was going to be more like ark so yeah i was happy to buy the game. atlas already had tames in it like the razor tooth but when said thay are making the seahorse i got more excited for mega update 3 but when i saw the live stream i knew the game is not what i thought it was. so i got a question for you why add tames in the first place. in a pirate game?  

It is a Sandbox/survival/stitched mmo that is sailing/pirate themed.. it is not "JUST" a pirate game.

and this..

510CA02B7FC79B2C8CF92EA297C0396B86BF740C

My hat. 😛

1 minute ago, Liatni said:

It is a Sandbox/survival/stitched mmo that is sailing/pirate themed.. it is not "JUST" a pirate game.

and this..

510CA02B7FC79B2C8CF92EA297C0396B86BF740C

My hat. 😛

that is a nice hat. (sidenote) jat answered my question. 

On 10/4/2019 at 4:21 PM, DeliaHaze20 said:

you know what im done thats right DONE! i ask a question to a dev and i get shit for it this is grapeshot aka wildcard who made ark so i bought this game thinking it was going to be like ark ok sue me when they add the tortugar i was excited thinking it was going to be more like ark so yeah i was happy to buy the game. atlas already had tames in it like the razor tooth but when said thay are making the seahorse i got more excited for mega update 3 but when i saw the live stream i knew the game is not what i thought it was. so i got a question for you why add tames in the first place. in a pirate game?  

You are now officially talking to yourself in a gaming forum.

Do they have a post office in your world?

Local government?

Or is everything just run by the pink elephants?

You are acting like people wanting a game clearly advertised as being pirate centric to focus more on boats than animals is some off kilter idea, meanwhile quoting yourself in new posts. This is not behavior that comes across as rational.

The Seahorse has been put on an indefinate raincheck due to critical performance issues related to it. We may revisit it again in the future.

Locking this thread now, it has gone quite off-track.