DeliaHaze20

What happened to the seahorse??

18 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

me and my friends were so excited for it. what the hell happened to it it's not in mega patch 3?

Are you just not seeing any ingame or not seeing it in the patch notes?

3 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

patch notes

so what they scrapped it they teas it and then scrapped it? I was looking sooooo forward for a good water tame.

Edited by DeliaHaze20

Just now, DeliaHaze20 said:

so what thay scrapped it thay teas it and then scrapped it? I was looking sooooo forward for a good water tame.

I wouldn’t abandon hope yet. It wouldn’t be the first time that the patch notes failed to include something. Or they may have encountered an issue with it and need to hold it back during the iterative testing.

@Jatheish? @Dollie ?

Whats the story on the seahorse?

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

I wouldn’t abandon hope yet. It wouldn’t be the first time that the patch notes failed to include something. Or they may have encountered an issue with it and need to hold it back during the iterative testing.

@Jatheish? @Dollie ?

Whats the story on the seahorse?

it was in one of the captains logs with the sail cosmetics wish is in mega patch 3 but maybe your right. but still that suck.

maybe they could add a little underwater lore with faction with it, ppl riding the seahorse in a sea-city, poseidon stuff and things maybe. kill merman and such and tame the seahorse.

but first you have to grind the faction reputation ofc, with daily quests.

xd

1 hour ago, photek said:

maybe they could add a little underwater lore with faction with it, ppl riding the seahorse in a sea-city, poseidon stuff and things maybe. kill merman and such and tame the seahorse.

but first you have to grind the faction reputation ofc, with daily quests.

xd

lore yes i mean thay did add Atlantean armor cosmetic skins. 

Wish they would turn off taming more most animals and creatures. This is suppose to be a bloody pirate game. Running around with dragons and giant crabs is to much Ark. They need to stop with that shit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baps said:

Wish they would turn off taming more most animals and creatures. This is suppose to be a bloody pirate game. Running around with dragons and giant crabs is to much Ark. They need to stop with that shit. 

Yeah there's actually a club here for people who want the pirate game to be more about pirates and less about tames. We would have hats, but well...

A good Balance between taming And breeding And pirate stuff would be cool. People having Fun breeding so i wont Totally get rid of it. What i would like is that AOD take Decent dmg again from guns And Bows And all that stuff,as so far You Need to have a really good Armor And weps to be able to scratch higher ones.i loved it when we were still noobs And sailed with our Company to do Maps Without tames 🙂

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah there's actually a club here for people who want the pirate game to be more about pirates and less about tames. We would have hats, but well...

I actually got my hat. 

why not have tame thats why ark is so great atlas can have tame to it is a pirate game so go steal a boat. you dont need tames for that.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:39 PM, DeliaHaze20 said:

why not have tame thats why ark is so great atlas can have tame to it is a pirate game so go steal a boat. you dont need tames for that.

when you think pirates, the first thing that comes to mind is not lions and tigers and bears, oh my. It's ships, cannons and cutlasses, hidden treasure and walking the plank. Atlas so far has been long on things that can already be found in Ark, but that don't really have all that much to do with piracy.  That's what people are irked about, that there isn't actually much pirating in the pirate game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

when you think pirates, the first thing that comes to mind is not lions and tigers and bears, oh my. It's ships, cannons and cutlasses, hidden treasure and walking the plank. Atlas so far has been long on things that can already be found in Ark, but that don't really have all that much to do with piracy.  That's what people are irked about, that there isn't actually much pirating in the pirate game.

ok smart guy how would you make atlas more pirate atlas already has the pirate stuff. name it atlas most likely has it. all I'm saying is what happened to the seahorse. and if you don't like tames then GO PLAY SEA OF THIEVES!!! I bought this game because of ark I find tames very fun and who the hell does not like riding a dragon to attack your enemies!! I like this game because of the tames and if this is the community than I don't see a future for this game. tames is what kept ark alive and it will keep atlas alive too!! and I will continue to fight for tames!!! and I don't care what the devs think!! or the community!!

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, blitzed909 said:

maybe i read it wrong but my understanding was the seahorse wasn't tamable anyways

here is part of the description. While generally a solitary creature, it seeks out the assistance from its kin when in danger. A few daring adventurers have yearned to saddle this beautiful marine equine, however, due to its hostile nature when disturbed, it has been an impossible task.   it is going to be hard to tame.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:39 AM, DeliaHaze20 said:

world of tanks is great because it has tanks, introduce tanks, you dont need tanks to steal a boat.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:49 PM, MesCaLiN said:

The seahorse ate the hat we were promised after 1st wipe...and died.

he didnt eat it, i took my hat and stuck it up his ass, then he died. srry but there was no atlas's developer nearby and i needed to stick that hat on someone's ass.

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

world of tanks is great because it has tanks, introduce tanks, you dont need tanks to steal a boat.

he didnt eat it, i took my hat and stuck it up his ass, then he died. srry but there was no atlas's developer nearby and i needed to stick that hat on someone's ass.

you... you need help.

1 hour ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

you... you need help.

nah  i just need the pirate game i paid for, but that aint happening anytime soon because this was originally designed as an ark dlc not as a pirate game.

Edited by The D Legacy

4 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

ok smart guy how would you make atlas more pirate atlas already has the pirate stuff. name it atlas most likely has it.

trading routes?, trading routes plundering?, factions?, a decent progression? optimization? PLAYERS!!????

5 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

and if you don't like tames then GO PLAY SEA OF THIEVES!!!

if you dont like freedom of speech dont come to a forum?? thats like going to a bar and attacking people because you dont drink alcohol and they do. people are sharing their opinions in a place created for that purpose and you have no authority or right to try to silence them

I like this game because of the tames and if this is the community than I don't see a future for this game. 

so now the community is to blame because the game is a cash grab scam? wot?

I find tames very fun and who the hell does not like riding a dragon to attack your enemies!!

the problem is not the existence of tames its the fact that they are overfocusing on it, we had 3 different new tames announced 2 live streams ago for a total of 27 different tames while we only have 3 different types of ships in 10 months of early access..in a pirate game... THAT IS ABOUT SHIPS!!!!! do you see it now? the problem is the unbalance of the game design.

tames is what kept ark alive and it will keep atlas alive too!! and I will continue to fight for tames!!!

what do you even need to fight for tho? they said they are not removing any already existing tame, you are just overdramatizing it.

and I don't care what the devs think!! or the community!!

then why even post? if you dont care about anyone's opinion but yours why would anyone care about your opinion?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

ok smart guy how would you make atlas more pirate atlas already has the pirate stuff. name it atlas most likely has it. all I'm saying is what happened to the seahorse. and if you don't like tames then GO PLAY SEA OF THIEVES!!! I bought this game because of ark I find tames very fun and who the hell does not like riding a dragon to attack your enemies!! I like this game because of the tames and if this is the community than I don't see a future for this game. tames is what kept ark alive and it will keep atlas alive too!! and I will continue to fight for tames!!! and I don't care what the devs think!! or the community!!

A) You asked a question on an open forum. I answered the question straightforwardly. I do not see anything in my answer that merited the hostility in your reply. Before you tell others they need to get help, perhaps you should ask yourself why you felt it necessary to react with such hostility to someone giving a perfectly reasonable answer to your question. Because both your response and the tone of it were certainly not reasonable.

B) You like tames and you like Ark. That’s great, I liked Ark as well, so much so that I have 4K hours in it and ran a multi server cluster community of several hundred players for over a year. Atlas was not advertised as Ark, an Ark sequel, or tame oriented. It was promoted as a pirate fantasy themed game. Many players came here expecting just that and excited to play such a game. What they found instead was a game that was barely playable and a development team that in developing said barebones game did not seem to be taking it in the direction of pirate fantasy but instead seemed to be making it a version of Ark that happened to also include a lot of water and a few ships. This idea may appeal to you personally, but it is not what the game was promoted as and it is not what the majority of players expected. Their expectations were not unreasonable, but for you to tell people who didn’t get the advertised game to go play Sea of Thieves is a hostile and unreasonable response to a perfectly reasonable expectation.

C) If you don’t see a future for this game let me assure you that it is not because it lacks enough tames. I have been active on these forums since day one. For every post with positive comments about tames I can think of 20 saying essentially “ we didn’t buy Atlas for tames. We bought it for pirates and there doesn’t seem to be much pirate stuff.” The game has fared exceedingly poorly thus far and based on the overwhelming majority of comments here and ingame, it isn’t for lack of tames but for lack of pirate content, specifically lack of emphasis on ship oriented activities. Saying “who doesn’t like riding a dragon to attack your enemies?” misses the point. I could just as easily say “ who doesn’t like riding a T. rex into battle?” But if I’m doing it on the forums for Grand Theft Auto or Ghost Recon, both games with themes of gritty realism, I’m not being reasonable or realistic.

D) The notion that tames will keep Atlas alive is very much a dubious one. Saying you don’t care what the community thinks is illogical. The community is who has to like the game to keep it alive. If the community ie the players don’t like the game, it dies. So far they have voiced their displeasure quite clearly, your personal views notwithstanding, and they have left in droves. You may want another Ark, but if the devs listen to you rather than the overwhelming majority who have said they do not, then you will not have a game to play for very long unless you’re going to personally finance the game’s development.

E) Instead of blasting people who don’t share your personal preferences, you would be better served to do some research here and ingame, be fair minded and realistic and you will come to understand that fighting FOR tames in Atlas is actually fighting for the game to die. It is fighting for the game to be something other than what it has been marketed as, and that disconnect has contributed directly to the game dropping from over 40k online at opening to barely 1500 in 9 months. That’s horrible, and not something any game can survive for long. 

• Like 1