Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Goodbye Cruel World

I don't suppose anyone else would be interested, but Boomer wanted to see screenshots of this build out when it was finished.  It never did get finished, but I took the screenshots for posterity.

UVFJQpf.png

The harbor and the boathouse.  The ship parked there is the "Malevolent", built by my perfectionist friend Daemon, who fingerchecked when it came to the name, destroyed the ship and rebuilt it. (Because you can't rename ships)

uhrmcxi.png

The post office -  Atlas Mail.  "Let's Go Postal".

5pWXYgV.png

Post office interior.

fl9u2s6.png

The marketplace -  Public crafting stations, ice machines and shops.  The post office was off to the left, down the boardwalk a bit.  The museum and carriage house were to go in between the two.  The boardwalk took forever to build.  It's all triangular foundations built out along the water.  Building anything at all on top of triangle foundations is a royal pain in the ass.

There was also my friend's base, a farm with a barn, and a large barn elsewhere for the animals, in addition to docks near the cliffs with an elevator for moving cargo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ya can tell that wasn't a pvp build 😛 I really like it when people actually build for a town/port feel, instead of a layered box.. Nice build ya did there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Thorne, those are great shots and everything looks awesome!  Noted about triangular foundations. How did you know I’m a huge Pink Floyd fan?

36 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Ya can tell that wasn't a pvp build 😛 I really like it when people actually build for a town/port feel, instead of a layered box.. Nice build ya did there!

Thanks 🙂  It's definitely a pve build.  I got tired of seeing everything brown and gray and looking like maximum security prisons everywhere.  Lots of coastal towns are very colorful, so I was copying a few of my favorites.

34 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Thanks Thorne, those are great shots and everything looks awesome!  Noted about triangular foundations. How did you know I’m a huge Pink Floyd fan?

Seems like nearly everyone is but me 🙂

2 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

I don't suppose anyone else would be interested, but Boomer wanted to see screenshots of this build out when it was finished.  It never did get finished, but I took the screenshots for posterity.

UVFJQpf.png

The harbor and the boathouse.  The ship parked there is the "Malevolent", built by my perfectionist friend Daemon, who fingerchecked when it came to the name, destroyed the ship and rebuilt it. (Because you can't rename ships)

uhrmcxi.png

The post office -  Atlas Mail.  "Let's Go Postal".

5pWXYgV.png

Post office interior.

fl9u2s6.png

The marketplace -  Public crafting stations, ice machines and shops.  The post office was off to the left, down the boardwalk a bit.  The museum and carriage house were to go in between the two.  The boardwalk took forever to build.  It's all triangular foundations built out along the water.  Building anything at all on top of triangle foundations is a royal pain in the ass.

There was also my friend's base, a farm with a barn, and a large barn elsewhere for the animals, in addition to docks near the cliffs with an elevator for moving cargo.

That’s a damn good build Thorne. 👍