Sydhart

Since you are wiping AGAIN, I assume we won't get our hat but can you make the NPC buildings "real"?

Title says it all. I may take a break from this next EA edition as it's really hard to justify coming back for a 3rd grind fest for a few new islands and a biome. Maybe we put some effort into making the game feel more alive? One of the most frustrating things is finding a really cool looking NPC structure but it's just a piece of scenery with no ability to interact. You can't go inside at all or do anything with them. What the hell is the point then? Some of these places are put in spots that would be absolutely great to build at too and in this last go around we built a town around an existing small NPC town but even after building it that NPC parts just felt out of place. 

It would be nice if taverns felt like actual taverns. When you go inside you're greeted with some nice pirate shanty and a beautiful waitress and barkeep who sells grog. Or when you happen upon a farm house there are little NPC kids outside and a farmer and a wife who you can buy vegetables from. Would this be so difficult?

I realize that does require quite a bit of work but are there any plans on the horizon to do this?

• Like 7

Where's my damn hat!

I wants it, precious, I wants it. 

I used a cook pot at one encampment. Woot!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, eeeceee said:

@Dollie says we're getting our hat :s

Yeah, sounds like work, would be nice 🙂

Wait are we getting our first server wipe hats or is this a new one? 

1 minute ago, photek said:

better be the hat has some nice buffs on it. like 500 xp and x10 harvest and drops. xd

I’m expecting a nice wardrobe buff, nothing more. If it gave a decent bit of insulation, I wouldn’t complain.

16 hours ago, 8ball said:

Where's my damn hat!

I wants it, precious, I wants it. 

I used a cook pot at one encampment. Woot!

hat is live.

9 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

why is there 200 people on NA pvp right now is it back up or something?

NA PVP was taken down for only a few hours. Why are they given preference? Why are they not having to wait the same as the other servers? Or why are the other servers not given the same treatment as the NA PVP?

Theyre using na pvp as test dummies for the crossplay feature before the launch. Think of it as a 10 day ptr. The thanks you get for helping stress test is 10 days head start over console.

Edited by Myrmidon

On 9/27/2019 at 2:23 PM, Sydhart said:

Title says it all. I may take a break from this next EA edition as it's really hard to justify coming back for a 3rd grind fest for a few new islands and a biome. Maybe we put some effort into making the game feel more alive? One of the most frustrating things is finding a really cool looking NPC structure but it's just a piece of scenery with no ability to interact. You can't go inside at all or do anything with them. What the hell is the point then? Some of these places are put in spots that would be absolutely great to build at too and in this last go around we built a town around an existing small NPC town but even after building it that NPC parts just felt out of place. 

It would be nice if taverns felt like actual taverns. When you go inside you're greeted with some nice pirate shanty and a beautiful waitress and barkeep who sells grog. Or when you happen upon a farm house there are little NPC kids outside and a farmer and a wife who you can buy vegetables from. Would this be so difficult?

I realize that does require quite a bit of work but are there any plans on the horizon to do this?

That sounds more of a real MMO what this game should be. If only it was like that with lots of NPC's and such, I'd quite happily pay a subscription if it was a real MMO but unfortunately it isn't, at least not in the sense you talk of.

We should be seeing festivals in the freeports, and many other things whether it comes remains to be seen but I'm not hopeful it will.

Edited by DannyUK

On 9/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, boomervoncannon said:

I’m expecting a nice wardrobe buff, nothing more. If it gave a decent bit of insulation, I wouldn’t complain.

i am expecting a kick in the nuts, hopefully its a soft one.

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

i am expecting a kick in the nuts, hopefully its a soft one.

You are my sunshine

my only sunshine

you make me happy

when skies are grey

• Haha 2

I understand the devs though process on this. The idea is to have the players build towns, run taverns and hold festivals. The idea is for the players to interact and make the world alive instead of NPCs.

The problem of course is that the game mechanics don’t actually allow players to do this!

• Like 1

Yeah, they do it on unofficial Rp servers where they have rules in place and can monitor rulebreaks and take care of things but, groups like that have a mutual respect for one another and monitor themselves to begin with so, don't need mechanics to stop them form screwing up everyone elses gameplay fun. heh. Heck, darksiderp even had a few people logging in every day to work a post office  and shipexpress to retrieve and sail mail out to people all over the map, was great.

In chapter (season), I think 2 the Royal Navy made the mistake of detaining then exicuting the mail man what resulted in every other Company rather they were Pirate or Trader or/and random civilians instantly hating the Royal Navy as the news got out across the seas that they had done so.. don't mess with the postman.. nope.

Edited by Liatni

True, I got the game day 1 and I have no hat in SP or non def multiplayer. 

The founders hat is server only for natural spawns. You can spawn it in on SP with: cheat gfi founder 1 1 0 

• Like 1

Can anyone spawn it then with that code? If so it isn’t a founders hat. 

13 hours ago, JDoe said:

Can anyone spawn it then with that code? If so it isn’t a founders hat. 

No, you can only use that code in single player. On official servers it is only for those of us who were here pre-wipe. 

3 minutes ago, Redrick said:

I still do not got my hat but my friends does.

Have you hidden the skins in your inventory? Button on the left toggles them from hidden to visable.

Also, only available on official.

Edited by Jack Shandy
  • Like 1