Sign in to follow this  
Realist

The new islands

I know it is too late because you already made the islands but you better have made some nice flat/semi flat spots. I build big and I don’t want the leaning tower of Pisa. 

Well at one point it was entirely possible to build out over the water, which was really cool, using pillars as foundations. Then some bug made pillars non placeable under the water. If they fix that bug, then you don't have to worry about having a flat place on land, just find a decent beach with shallows and build out over the water. Honestly It's what I'm going to do with my next spot as long as the bug is fixed.

30 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Well at one point it was entirely possible to build out over the water, which was really cool, using pillars as foundations. Then some bug made pillars non placeable under the water. If they fix that bug, then you don't have to worry about having a flat place on land, just find a decent beach with shallows and build out over the water. Honestly It's what I'm going to do with my next spot as long as the bug is fixed.

That would be cool actually. Like bora bora

• Like 1

In the cold regions you will find a lot of frozen seas. Sometimes they are really huge and you can't find a flater ground than there. Allows you to build with foundations instead of pillars and ceilings.

This is important, because they still not fixed the bug, where several ceilings just disappear for no reason. And you don't want to build your resource-chest on a ceiling who maybe disappears when you are not logged in.

• Like 1

simple trick how to set a foundation almost always. 
For example, you can no longer place a foundation next to the one you have already placed. then you build a roof on it and a pillar under the roof. Then you remove the roof and now you can put a foundation in the pillar at the same height as the already placed one.

2 hours ago, rasemaier said:

simple trick how to set a foundation almost always. 
For example, you can no longer place a foundation next to the one you have already placed. then you build a roof on it and a pillar under the roof. Then you remove the roof and now you can put a foundation in the pillar at the same height as the already placed one.

With the same support as the ceiling... non... the pillar is still the support...

Foundation only gives support if it is the lowest AND has the decor on it...

9 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

With the same support as the ceiling... non... the pillar is still the support...

Foundation only gives support if it is the lowest AND has the decor on it...

No, you can remove it afterwards... as long as the foundation has some ground contact.

13 minutes ago, rasemaier said:

No, you can remove it afterwards... as long as the foundation has some ground contact.

if it is not the ground version of the foundation it is not... those secondary foundation are not the part giving foundation support... they might not destroy when you take out the pillar, because of sideway connection to other support...
if you where right, we would have floating bases in the sky...

1 hour ago, Sheepshooter said:

if it is not the ground version of the foundation it is not... those secondary foundation are not the part giving foundation support... they might not destroy when you take out the pillar, because of sideway connection to other support...
if you where right, we would have floating bases in the sky...

Lucy in the sky with bases?

• Haha 1