Excelex

So how does it make sense to launch the servers

1 minute ago, Postaljay said:

Says the man who's been here with 1471 posts..

Actually the post number is 2600, the number you cited is my reputation.

Ask around, I’m a very fair minded guy, but this development team is pretty much the poster children for how not to do an Early Access game. I’m not saying they are bad people, but bring called one of their number undercover cannot reasonably be viewed as a positive association.

Edited by boomervoncannon

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

Actually the post number is 2600, the number you cited is my reputation.

So do you like, or dislike the game.. you are confusing us?

We understand the frustration behind the decision, it's not falling on deaf ears -- we expected this response to the decision, however, the choice was for technical reasons. The extra time allows us to continue to iterate on the game, in particular, the Xbox build. It also allows us to gather more real-world data in order to improve the experience in the long  near term.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Postaljay said:

So do you like, or dislike the game.. you are confusing us?

I think that Atlas as a concept and some aspects of its implementation to date holds significant potential. I’m aware that the opera ain’t over til the fat lady sings, and I remain hopeful that they can produce a quality game, but so far no one can reasonably say things have gone well.

Also, welcome to the forums. It’s good to hear from fresh voices.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

I think that Atlas as a concept and some aspects of its implementation to date holds significant potential. I’m aware that the opera ain’t over til the fat lady sings, and I remain hopeful that they can produce a quality game, but so far no one can reasonably say things have gone well.

I appreciate your honesty, Boomer.  I look forward to meeting you  in game!

7 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

We understand the frustration behind the decision, it's not falling on deaf ears -- we expected this response to the decision, however, the choice was for technical reasons. The extra time allows us to continue to iterate on the game, in particular, the Xbox build. It also allows us to gather more real-world data in order to improve the experience in the long term.

I just wanted to HIGHLIGHT something here!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

We understand the frustration behind the decision, it's not falling on deaf ears -- we expected this response to the decision, however, the choice was for technical reasons. The extra time allows us to continue to iterate on the game, in particular, the Xbox build. It also allows us to gather more real-world data in order to improve the experience in the long term.

I’m still confused on a point. If you needed to do a wipe for technical reasons sure, I’m with you.  But once you need to do that, in the long term will the 10 day head start pc pvp players are getting really help iterate the Xbox build that much more? I’m asking because even though I have little sympathy with their complaint or the soundness of its u derlying argument, as a layman this approach does come off as perhaps arbitrarily punitive. Are you saying definitively that the additional 10 days of testing data pc players will provide during this time is needed for long term success?

6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I’m still confused on a point. If you needed to do a wipe for technical reasons sure, I’m with you.  But once you need to do that, in the long term will the 10 day head start pc pvp players are getting really help iterate the Xbox build that much more? I’m asking because even though I have little sympathy with their complaint or the soundness of its u derlying argument, as a layman this approach does come off as perhaps arbitrarily punitive. Are you saying definitively that the additional 10 days of testing data pc players will provide during this time is needed for long term success?

Sorry Boomer, I promise I'm not targeting you! 🙂  But, I think their approach is somewhat giving the vets of the game, a well deserved "Head Start", while being able to analyze the data, nothing more.

10 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I see what you mean, I'll clarify. It's more for the immediate term than the long term, my bad. We'll be carrying out internal testing with our Xboxes over the next 10 days on this network and it'll allow us to deal with any fatal errors or issues that could crop it. Unfortunately, we can only get so much data from our current internal processes & the PTR, so experiencing the game on the console in a live environment will be highly beneficial. Anything that does come up, we'll have the time to iterate on and get any changes in as necessary for a possible Day One patch on consoles. It'll ensure that the new friends joining us have a much smoother experience. That in turn poses the team to see what we'll need to focus on next, whether it's continuing to iron out issues from the launch, or whether we can begin to work on the Roadmap (and the phases of that).

4 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

I see what you mean, I'll clarify. It's more for the immediate term than the long term, my bad. We'll be carrying out internal testing with our Xboxes over the next 10 days on this network and it'll allow us to deal with any fatal errors or issues that could crop it. Unfortunately, we can only get so much data from our current internal processes & the PTR, so experiencing the game on the console in a live environment will be highly beneficial. Anything that does come up, we'll have the time to iterate on and get any changes in as necessary for a possible Day One patch on consoles. It'll ensure that the new friends joining us have a much smoother experience. That in turn poses the team to see what we'll need to focus on next, whether it's continuing to iron out issues from the launch, or whether we can begin to work on the Roadmap (and the phases of that).

Sounds reasonable.  And to be honest, if Xbox players want to start at same time as pc users, they can join the following servers at their launch.

7 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Due to this I imagine most Xbox players will go to EU servers. However, I know many Xbox players simply don’t want crossplay, for obvious reasons. Is there any chance in the future of a none crossplay Xbox server. Official of course.

3 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

I see what you mean, I'll clarify. It's more for the immediate term than the long term, my bad. We'll be carrying out internal testing with our Xboxes over the next 10 days on this network and it'll allow us to deal with any fatal errors or issues that could crop it. Unfortunately, we can only get so much data from our current internal processes & the PTR, so experiencing the game on the console in a live environment will be highly beneficial. Anything that does come up, we'll have the time to iterate on and get any changes in as necessary for a possible Day One patch on consoles. It'll ensure that the new friends joining us have a much smoother experience.

Okay so if I understand you correctly the reason Xbox players should cool their jets about pc pvp players getting the 10 day head start is that data collected from it should help ensure a smoother launch for them?

If this is correct, then let me humbly suggest that you cannot possibly over communicate this too much in the next 10 days. Consider getting a tattoo. Pay Realist to stand outside the forums with a sandwhich board. Maybe hire a blimp. Run an ad on Sunday Night Football.

Make sure they understand the benefit to them.

3 minutes ago, Baps said:

However, I know many Xbox players simply don’t want crossplay, for obvious reasons.

*Sniffs his armpit.*

What?

I showered this week!

...ish

9 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

*Sniffs his armpit.*

What?

I showered this week!

...ish

You must have missed the shower and landed in the toilet?

2 minutes ago, 8ball said:

You must have missed the shower and landed in the toilet?

I can neither confirm nor deny.

unrelated

Would you happen to have a plunger I could borrow?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I can neither confirm nor deny.

unrelated

Would you happen to have a plunger I could borrow?

You wouldn't want to use my plunger.  Ahem....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Nod nod

grin grin

wink wink

say no more.

I apologize, I don't normally post this much here but I am waiting to reinstall the live server from the PTR so I can kill my ships in the Maw. 😉

2 minutes ago, 8ball said:

I apologize, I don't normally post this much here but I am waiting to reinstall the live server from the PTR so I can kill my ships in the Maw. 😉

Lol no I meant:

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Lol no I meant:

Oh, I got what ya meant.  I just went on an obtuse tangent. (I know I am bastidizing the lingo there)

i returned to the game a week ago messing about in eu pve...lost my base and galleons ect(inactivity)....started to rebuild a little schooner then they announce a wipe....groooon lol...i been out the loop for a couple of months...

i dont do pvp stuff these days (im 40 and smoke too much jamaican woodbine)

but me and a mate or 2 are jumping back into the pvp na server when its up....test the waters ect.

looking forward to starting the survival pirate fantasy journey again

if we get ass hats at every corner then well jump to solo co op......but well have a laugh.

most people ive ever met in game are helpfull.

Edited by hurricane moon
  • Like 1