Excelex

So how does it make sense to launch the servers

How are you guys going to give PC players a 10 day start? A LOT of these players will be veterans and will wipe EVERY new player as soon as they enter PVP.. This needs to be changed! The servers should be taken down UNTIL the release date on the 8th. I get that PC players already paid for the game, but it makes ZERO sense to do this. I am an Xbox player, and I have not even played this game yet, I have no idea what to do. Sure, I played ARK but this is not ARK. 

"Following the wipe, we will be permanently relaunching the NA PvP Network"

Edited by Excelex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Excelex said:

How are you guys going to give PC players a 10 day start? A LOT of these players will be veterans and will wipe EVERY new player as soon as they enter PVP.. This needs to be changed! The servers should be taken down UNTIL the release date on the 8th. I get that PC players already paid for the game, but it makes ZERO sense to do this. I am an Xbox player, and I have not even played this game yet, I have no idea what to do. Sure, I played ARK but this is not ARK. 

"Following the wipe, we will be permanently relaunching the NA PvP Network"

As someone who has been here since day one, I have to say that while I give less than a wet noodle about Xbox players having this mythical level playing field they think they are entitled to, if they are going to do a wipe at all, they might as well have given you that. Wiping and giving PC players a head start seems like someone sat down in a conference room and said

"Okay, we have two options here, either one will piss off some group. But let's not limit ourselves people. Come on, think outside the box! There's gotta be a way we can piss BOTH groups off at the same time."

Welcome to the club, here's your gripe with GrapeCard™ scorecard. Please note the numbers go pretty high. Actually, give me that one back, mine is full and scribbled in the margins. We'll get you new ones Soon™ Have a hat while you wait.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

If this happens, i will refund this game within 30 minutes and tell everyone else to boycott this game as well.

Just now, Havox said:

If this happens, i will refund this game within 30 minutes and tell everyone else to boycott this game as well.

Uhhh, since you will know by a margin of 10 days that the pc players will have a headstart, why would you even buy the game in the first place, knowing for a fact that thing you object to is a done deal? You should definitely feel free to not buy a game that you find objectionable. You should definitely feel free to tell people what you don't like about it. But buying it just to refund it seems weird and unnecessary. 

Anyway, here's your hat.

LOL, PCBobs will have a head start over XBobs even if it was the other way around and you start 10days early... sorry... 

And if you get wiped the first day or a month later, you still get wiped and start again basically... want a server wipe every time that happens to you...?

You will always be behind, server wipe or not... deal with it!

That is why a server wipe will not help you at all... it will make it even worst for you... because every PCBobs knows what he wants to do better this time... would there be no wipe everyone would stay where they are, therefore not in their ideal position, but not willing to move... your chances would have been better without a wipe...

I think you misinterpret the situation...

It doesnt matter wether PC has a headstart or not, you are paying money for an EARLY ACCESS PORT TO CONSOLE. If you spent the time to come here and complain you could have spent some time to educate yourself on these DEVELOPERS and their history of poor decision making, lack of follow through and said to yourself; "Gosh this is probably a bad idea, like that hooker back in cancun, acne and the smell aside financially it was a pretty good deal until it wasnt, because I didnt see the warning signs, and now I have a really bad itch..."

That's where you're at right now sweetheart.

How dare you have the audacity to come here, he who has not been scorned multiple times by these Devs and even pretend to have a problem!

🤣

Edited by Inigo
  • Haha 1

I think the intentions, and this is an opinion. They may just be doing it this way, to iron out any issues that they may have with the upcoming server/update. This makes complete sense to me. They need to test and set up things on a mega sized server and make sure its running properly. I think being behind a little is better than having the launch like we did on the pc. 

Also, This will de-load the soon to be flooding freeports. There isn't really a great option of doing this wipe if you asked me this is the best way to do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keat said:

I think the intentions, and this is an opinion. They may just be doing it this way, to iron out any issues that they may have with the upcoming server/update. This makes complete sense to me. They need to test and set up things on a mega sized server and make sure its running properly. I think being behind a little is better than having the launch like we did on the pc. 

Also, This will de-load the soon to be flooding freeports. There isn't really a great option of doing this wipe if you asked me this is the best way to do it.

I like how this guy makes clear he’s giving his opinion, instead of trying to state his opinion as if it’s a fact.  Seems pretty level headed instead of full of himself. Stick around man, we could use a few more like you.

Ironically though, they have a public test realm for the very thing he addressed there, which is for some reason going largely unused. So if they are going to push out content and other updates fixes to the public realm without adequately testing them, I'm gonna be super honest here... It wouldnt be the first, second, third, etc. time theyve done that. Sooooo it's entirely plausible. 

Yes, great point testing on the public test realm is the same as a 2-5k wipe day launch... come on man. 

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

As someone who has been here since day one, I have to say that while I give less than a wet noodle about Xbox players having this mythical level playing field they think they are entitled to, if they are going to do a wipe at all, they might as well have given you that. Wiping and giving PC players a head start seems like someone sat down in a conference room and said

"Okay, we have two options here, either one will piss off some group. But let's not limit ourselves people. Come on, think outside the box! There's gotta be a way we can piss BOTH groups off at the same time."

Welcome to the club, here's your gripe with GrapeCard™ scorecard. Please note the numbers go pretty high. Actually, give me that one back, mine is full and scribbled in the margins. We'll get you new ones Soon™ Have a hat while you wait.

A $&@“ing men. No matter what these guys 💩 the bed every time. Everyone talks about fair a lot but these guys are really good at saying how can we screw these guys over equally. I mean damn.

23 minutes ago, keat said:

Yes, great point testing on the public test realm is the same as a 2-5k wipe day launch... come on man. 

Yeah, god forbid we not have a repeat of the original launch day, would be a darn shame if they actually tested shit before they launched it on official.

Just want to put it out there, as my opinion. What if they actually do wipe it for a “technical” reason. Just saying. This is only my opinion and pure speculation btw.

i wouldn’t put it past this company. I just hadn’t heard anybody mention this so i figured I would say it. This will be the last I say on that.

IMO sense they are giving PC a large headstart and sense most of the PC player base is long gone, they should roll out a 5x5 server instead of 15x15. This would allow the initial 25 servers to fill to capacity to stress test them. Then when Xbox launches, expand the grind to 15x15. Xbox players then have access to different Freeport’s initially. This leaves tons of islands left to be claimed for Xbox players and it would make the headstart feel a little more fair. It is a compromise. After all they claim the reason for the 10 day advance is to test shit and iron out problems. Best way to do that is cram as many people into a server as possible. Let’s face it PC won’t fill up a 15x15, so opening the servers early isn’t going to do shit to stress test them. So they should make the grind smaller.

That is not how it works on PvP,  there is so many Islands that probably every player/tribe will find his own. PC players, big Company or veterans for over 1 month will for sure build defence, gather BP/gold/res/weapons/ammo or trying to find Ally. First big PvP will start after first month and those will be PvP beetwen Mega Tribes. Solo players little Coompany groups should be safe . There is no point to wipe small groups or beeginers. Sooner or later you will have to fight even if you will lose you can rly easly rebuild what you lost. Motivation is the problem. How will devs fight with that? Read roadmap i cant wait for Fractions.

I never got the idea that it was a headstart - I just read it as NA PVP was going to be a PTR during that time while the others are down.

Guys, calm down, really use your noodle and really think about this for a sec.

Think about the patience of your average player. Think about how unpopulated the world was this season and how people want a merge.

DO THE NOODLE DANCE

Cause I think:

Reason 1 is because the PTR didn't get enough players.

Reason 2 is to funnel the majority of PC-PvP players onto US PvP so that Xbox players have EU mostly to themselves. Giving  Xbox players more of a chance.

That being said.

There will be more wipes.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

.How dare you have the audacity to come here, he who has not been scorned multiple times by these Devs and even pretend to have a problem!

19 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

There will be more wipes.

You're trying so hard, please stop, you might hurt yourself.

19 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

You're trying so hard, please stop, you might hurt yourself. 

I know this might blow you away, but it's not a challenge for me to use my noodle.

8 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

I know this might blow you away, but it's not a challenge for me to use my noodle.

TMI

also, don’t do that in public.

*ducks and scampers off.*

Intentional misunderstanding is such an underrated tool.

Edited by boomervoncannon

8 minutes ago, Postaljay said:

Why can't you millennials understand this is for the greater good of the game!  Stop being butt hurt.

Haha.

Dev smurf account?