Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Ok so we decided on official pve

All these long posts.

Your on PvE, so boat choice is irrelevant. Pick one and go.

1 bed is enough, becuase PvE.

Carry 4 picks and a glider.

If your hungry, outa vitamins, cold, hurt whatever, just jump off the boat and let a shark eat you. Boom good to go.

The levels should be capped at 50 for better gameplay, but they arent, so when your ready, get a hundred gernades and throw them in the pit by a fountain of youth and max level in a few minutes of effort.

Your solo enough to not bother with krackens and ice caves.

Being PvE, it's just minecraft/farmsim from this point. Congrats you beat Atlas. You can now be free to pirate nothing from anyone.

30 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

All these long posts.

Your on PvE, so boat choice is irrelevant. Pick one and go.

1 bed is enough, becuase PvE.

Carry 4 picks and a glider.

If your hungry, outa vitamins, cold, hurt whatever, just jump off the boat and let a shark eat you. Boom good to go.

The levels should be capped at 50 for better gameplay, but they arent, so when your ready, get a hundred gernades and throw them in the pit by a fountain of youth and max level in a few minutes of effort.

Your solo enough to not bother with krackens and ice caves.

Being PvE, it's just minecraft/farmsim from this point. Congrats you beat Atlas. You can now be free to pirate nothing from anyone.

Yeah, the whole point is not rushing through everything lol

On 9/26/2019 at 7:13 PM, Realist said:

Now is time for research. I know how exp and discovery points work, but now is there any specific areas that have a lot of discovery points or is it as simple as going to every island?

not worried about getting the exp yet. Just going to have fun exploring and getting all of the discovery points before I even bother building or worrying about end game. I will never hit a level cap.

i would also like some info on the simplest form of foods to have on board so I don’t have to worry about the vitamin mechanic. I am already planning on putting every level I get into fortitude to start out with. 

I am planning on spending my first week not having fun but grinding discovery points so I just need info for food, vitamins, locations and general info.

i would also like to know if the ship of choice should be the sloop or the brig for what I am doing. I am looking for nothing but speed. No defenses and no weight needed. Only the fastest and most efficient ship with common sails(not bothering with quality yet).

sure if I see an alpha along the way I’ll kill it but other than building a quick 2x2 every once in awhile and gathering essential resources I will pretty much be a fast moving nomad.

how important will it be to have climbing picks for discovery points and will that he the norm as to finding discovery points?

there is probably going to be two of us and I will go into survivalism so I can get medicine and lowered vitamin deficiency(because I hate that mechanic) and he will he going into captaineering because I don’t want to have to worry that much about ship decay. Eventually I will go into beast mastery but not too worried about that for right now.

so yeah. If there is some advanced information you can give that would be appreciated.

Edit: expecting good advice from @boomervoncannon and @Sulfurblade

Just have fun doe. Go out and have fun..

13 hours ago, Realist said:

quick question, since you said at least 3 climbing picks, what would you guess be on how many mountains/length or height can you climb before a full durability climbing pick breaks?

the thing is that climbing a mountain is sometimes tricky, so you can be lucky, choose the right side to approach it and use only one to reach the top or you could do 1 or 2 failed approaches and end up needing all 3 picks, as far as i remember 1 climbing pick lasted about 3-4 uses but i remember seen they reworked them? not sure if that rework was only animation wise, so i might not be accurate.

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Just have fun doe. Go out and have fun..

I find myself enjoying your replies more now Percy. Even though the last one was say what I said was stupid lol. It’s all good though. Definitely no hard feelings on that. I know the claim system is probably the second most controversial topic besides the wipe.

yeah I am planning on having a lot of fun in this game. @boomervoncannon seems to think I can’t manage all discovery points within 1000 hours of playtime. So I took the challenge. My buddies were not excited about my decision but that is what friends do. They compromise. I almost decided not to buy the game but they are hung ho about it so I said ok, this is what we are going to do then.

mind you, until I get laid off I can only play two days a week but when I am on I am all about discovery points. Once I get laid off in december(end of Fire season) I will he able to play mon-fri everyday for at least 10 hours a day. That is when the grind really starts.

right now we are grinding desperately trying to finish the Taj mahal(very hard build) in Conan. Just finished off the “parking lot” around the pyramid so there is a definite time crunch right now so I haven’t been able to be as active on here as I usually am. I do not like to leave things unfinished so it is a little stressful. Gotta keep the reputation alive

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

the thing is that climbing a mountain is sometimes tricky, so you can be lucky, choose the right side to approach it and use only one to reach the top or you could do 1 or 2 failed approaches and end up needing all 3 picks, as far as i remember 1 climbing pick lasted about 3-4 uses but i remember seen they reworked them? not sure if that rework was only animation wise, so i might not be accurate.

Ok, so now, what is the cost to repair them? Please tell me they aren’t one time use? 

You don’t have to bother with bp types. Common picks, repair cost?

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Ok, so now, what is the cost to repair them? Please tell me they aren’t one time use? 

nominal repair costs in metal and wood iirc at a smithy. No biggie.

31 minutes ago, Realist said:

just as Boomer said, you repair with the mats you use to craf them.

49 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

nominal repair costs in metal and wood iirc at a smithy. No biggie.

21 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

just as Boomer said, you repair with the mats you use to craf them.

Ah ok. Very cool. Get a supply and I am good then. I gotta tell you guys. I am really waiting for this whole exploring 💩. I am excited about it. With the amount of grinding we have to accomplish just to get the “parking lot” and “Taj Mahal” done before the release of atlas, I am a little stressed out so just mindless sailing might be good for awhile.

on the off chance anyone has console and Conan you can come see the builds. If you don’t I can always take screenshots.

i swear between the 2 we are talking at least 20 million stone and 30 million metal. Smh. We always get props but sometimes we just say “yeah they were right when they said just kill yourself now when I said what I would build” 😔

If it is an item you craft in your inventory, you can repair it in your inventory.. if not then, repair them at the station you crafted them from. Remember, your ship has a weight limit and the more weight it has on it the slower it will be. You can level it in weight of course to let it carry more and use cargo racks but, still there is a limit. heh heh.

1 minute ago, Liatni said:

If it is an item you craft in your inventory, you can repair it in your inventory.. if not then, repair them at the station you crafted them from. Remember, your ship has a weight limit and the more weight it has on it the slower it will be. You can level it in weight of course to let it carry more and use cargo racks but, still there is a limit. heh heh.

Yeah just trying to find the most efficient nomad way right now. 

Mat first I thought about a cargo rack but right now it doesn’t seem efficient enough with the rate it slows the speed. 

I mean believe me, I won’t be grinding to begin with, but having said that I want to be very quick with my DP’s. Yes, I know over 1700 will take awhile but I want them done.

the main reason I want them done is because once I get laid off I can power level all I want without worrying about the cap. By the way, this whole level cap pisses me off to begin with. I am a grinder and I will NOT have a cap on my grinding. If they have to get every damn dp in the game first, the  guess what? That is what will happen. 

I will have fun exploring, mainly to search for possible large areas/map every resource/ get dp’s.

lol, it is intrusive to the leveling, that's for sure.. I have it turned off on my singleplayer hahahha.  I can't be bothered there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Well you are stupid. I mean if you are here for 10 months now and still have no clue about the game.. and instead of just playing it, you’re in here asking irrelevant questions.. i mean.. 

• Sad 1

I like the climbing pick / grappling hook combo..   find myself running out of stamina on the steeper slopes.  Atleast hook up to as far as possible, and grapple the rest..

Probably derailed the current topic, but my 2 cents!

Good to hear you're giving it a fair shot, Realist 👍

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

Well you are stupid. I mean if you are here for 10 months now and still have no clue about the game.. and instead of just playing it, you’re in here asking irrelevant questions.. i mean.. 

Well that was short lived lol

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Well that was short lived lol

I'm really looking forward to you finally playing the game, so you see what we talked about the last 10 months, can get bored and move along to annoy another EA Community (whose game you wont buy, but ofc know everything about it).

55 minutes ago, Grongash said:

I'm really looking forward to you finally playing the game, so you see what we talked about the last 10 months, can get bored and move along to annoy another EA Community (whose game you wont buy, but ofc know everything about it).

Nah, it will be a long time before I get bored. Until I get laid off in two months I will only be on a couple of days a week so it will take at least the couple months to get all the discovery points(which I am getting them all first). Then after that I have the whole game to experience.

might get bored after 10 months or so but I will be here for a long while lol

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is shoulder tames. They are extremely useful and dont require you to maintain a riding or taming skill after you have them. Monkeys help you regen health and can slow enemies. Parrots give an insulation buff (free fortitude while sailing or exploring). Crows reduce your fall damage. I'd recommend either taming or trading for any of those on your travels.

Also, while climbing up those big mountains...have a glide suit in case your pick breaks. That way you dont splat.

20 minutes ago, CaerMortuus said:

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is shoulder tames. They are extremely useful and dont require you to maintain a riding or taming skill after you have them. Monkeys help you regen health and can slow enemies. Parrots give an insulation buff (free fortitude while sailing or exploring). Crows reduce your fall damage. I'd recommend either taming or trading for any of those on your travels.

Also, while climbing up those big mountains...have a glide suit in case your pick breaks. That way you dont splat.

Oooo that is very useful. Had no clue that shoulder pets give buffs.

21 hours ago, Realist said:

yeah I am planning on having a lot of fun in this game. @boomervoncannon seems to think I can’t manage all discovery points within 1000 hours of playtime. So I took the challenge. My buddies were not excited about my decision but that is what friends do. They compromise. I almost decided not to buy the game but they are hung ho about it so I said ok, this is what we are going to do then.

mind you, until I get laid off I can only play two days a week but when I am on I am all about discovery points. Once I get laid off in december(end of Fire season) I will he able to play mon-fri everyday for at least 10 hours a day. That is when the grind really starts.

I predict that after a few days of nothing but sailing you will be bring the "Sailing is boring as sh#t" thread to the top of the forums.  If you think your friends are not very excited about this decision now ..... just wait.

26 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I predict that after a few days of nothing but sailing you will be bring the "Sailing is boring as sh#t" thread to the top of the forums.  If you think your friends are not very excited about this decision now ..... just wait.

Mind you, in order to finish our Conan projects before the release of atlas we have spent a whole week of nothing but hitting stone and metal. I mean for 8 hours straight. Didn’t even kill one creature, just stone and metal.

its all good though, the two guys that will be joining us didn’t realize it either. I said I was a grinder and they said yeah we are too. After they knew me for a couple weeks and saw the pyramid done they said “god damn, you are a grinder”.

i don’t get bored. Could be because I drink while I am playing but who knows. From the beginning of the pyramid, to the outer wall, to the parking lot and to the Taj Mahal(not done yet), we are talking easily over 50million stone gathered by hand.

takes a lot to get me bored