Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Ok so we decided on official pve

Now is time for research. I know how exp and discovery points work, but now is there any specific areas that have a lot of discovery points or is it as simple as going to every island?

not worried about getting the exp yet. Just going to have fun exploring and getting all of the discovery points before I even bother building or worrying about end game. I will never hit a level cap.

i would also like some info on the simplest form of foods to have on board so I don’t have to worry about the vitamin mechanic. I am already planning on putting every level I get into fortitude to start out with. 

I am planning on spending my first week not having fun but grinding discovery points so I just need info for food, vitamins, locations and general info.

i would also like to know if the ship of choice should be the sloop or the brig for what I am doing. I am looking for nothing but speed. No defenses and no weight needed. Only the fastest and most efficient ship with common sails(not bothering with quality yet).

sure if I see an alpha along the way I’ll kill it but other than building a quick 2x2 every once in awhile and gathering essential resources I will pretty much be a fast moving nomad.

how important will it be to have climbing picks for discovery points and will that he the norm as to finding discovery points?

there is probably going to be two of us and I will go into survivalism so I can get medicine and lowered vitamin deficiency(because I hate that mechanic) and he will he going into captaineering because I don’t want to have to worry that much about ship decay. Eventually I will go into beast mastery but not too worried about that for right now.

so yeah. If there is some advanced information you can give that would be appreciated.

Edit: expecting good advice from @boomervoncannon and @Sulfurblade

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

So for months Mr know it all who has not played the game but gives advice to those that do, does not really know squat after all.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Ok.

Some areas have more discoveries, deserts were a favourite due to them having ruins near the beach. Golden age ruins can also be good. Going for the easy disco pts is the best option, sometimes don't bother with climbing picks or even running up to the top of mountains. Spyglass will show you disco pts, so you can just sail around, spyglass will show disco pt, get the island disco pt, then spyglass again to see if there is any easy disco pts. If you want to explore and get all the discovery pts, in a way that doesn't bother about building/hoarding mats or reaching end game, it is as simple as go to every island. There was a person on reddit who was doing simply that, just sailing around getting the disco pts on a sloop or schooner.

Brigs are sadly useless for speed and transporting stuff, tbh. Climbing picks are very useful.

Getting the disco pts first is a good idea, as you will then avoid wasting possible xp gained when you work out what you're doing. However, while you're getting disco pts, I will be grinding and will have more stuff than you always 😛

Cow and chicken on the ship is the *best* for rp'ing/pve'ing at the start, cows give milk for blue vitamin, chickens give yellow, craploads of berries (some colour), and some cooked meat (the other colour) Fortitude is good stat to start out with, and is what I lvl up myself. Unfortunately, due to the way the hunger and vitamin system work together currently, sometimes you want less fortitude. I think 10 or 15 fort is fine at the start.

Going for medicine (and building and farming) is a good plan, if someone else can go captaineering and ship building. I think at the start, everyone needs to aim for beast mastery tier 2.

Edited by eeeceee
  • Like 1

I bet after one week realist will stop playing. because the he will find out that it is in a horrible state. Just play it and then you will find out...

Map will change, so all the wiki and forum infos are outdated when relaunch hits us.

Realist is going to play Atlas .... lol.  In awe actually, over 2500 posts and doesn't even own the game yet.

Regardless, things depend on how fast you want to move on with your nomadic lifestyle.  Would level up to where you are able to craft the basics which means you need a smithy.  There are multiple videos on getting a ramshackle sloop and redesigning it to take a smithy in the hold.  Can also rebuild planks/sails to further upgrade the ramshackle sloop.  As I recall a single medium speed sail is a pretty decent speed boost.  You will however want to get a schooner as fast as possible in my opinion (Between a sloop and a brig).  Speed wise is a big upgrade (One large speed and one small speed sail) from the sloop and can level to build one pretty quickly.  Two people can easily manage the sails without NPC crew. 

Food wise, you can just cook animal meat, fish meat and pick up fruit and veggies from the starter island and most islands there after.  Spoilage is the pain until you get preserving bags with salt/ice.  Get a water barrel on the deck of your ship asap.  Of course it is easier to just die and respawn on your boat bed.  Climbing picks and grappling hooks are a necessity for some discover points.  Using them makes them decay quickly so multiple in inventory is best.  With a smithy on your boat you will be able to repair tools.  Ship decay isn't really an issue unless you anchor in a free port.  A schooner with 250 into resistance will give you about 30 hours in a freeport before it sinks.  On PvE it will be non issue.  Storms just arn't as bad as some make them out to be, more of an inconvenience.  Too far north or south and you will need fur armor to survive also easy to level into and resource gathering for a set isn't bad.     

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Now is time for research. I know how exp and discovery points work, but now is there any specific areas that have a lot of discovery points or is it as simple as going to every island?

not worried about getting the exp yet. Just going to have fun exploring and getting all of the discovery points before I even bother building or worrying about end game. I will never hit a level cap.

i would also like some info on the simplest form of foods to have on board so I don’t have to worry about the vitamin mechanic. I am already planning on putting every level I get into fortitude to start out with. 

I am planning on spending my first week not having fun but grinding discovery points so I just need info for food, vitamins, locations and general info.

i would also like to know if the ship of choice should be the sloop or the brig for what I am doing. I am looking for nothing but speed. No defenses and no weight needed. Only the fastest and most efficient ship with common sails(not bothering with quality yet).

sure if I see an alpha along the way I’ll kill it but other than building a quick 2x2 every once in awhile and gathering essential resources I will pretty much be a fast moving nomad.

how important will it be to have climbing picks for discovery points and will that he the norm as to finding discovery points?

there is probably going to be two of us and I will go into survivalism so I can get medicine and lowered vitamin deficiency(because I hate that mechanic) and he will he going into captaineering because I don’t want to have to worry that much about ship decay. Eventually I will go into beast mastery but not too worried about that for right now.

so yeah. If there is some advanced information you can give that would be appreciated.

Edit: expecting good advice from @boomervoncannon and @Sulfurblade

Climbing picks are useful, so are grappling hooks, but when it comes to getting discovery points the most important tool is the spyglass. When you look through it, discovery points appear as giant bluish soap bubbles, making them easy to spot. So get your hands on some crystal ASAP and make a spyglass. Every island gives at least one discovery point just for stepping onto it the first time, but if you do the math this is only a portion of the overall number. When you look at the discoveries page in your character sheet, it will tell you how many total discoveries there are in the grid you’re on and how many of them you’ve unlocked.

when it comes to food you have a couple problems. First up, you will want to make the effort to craft a preserving bag and get your hands on salt ASAP, because without it most of your food will spoil overnight while you’re offline. This at least allow you to kill stuff and gather food along your journey instead of having to spend time everyday dealing with getting food. You will also want to make sure you craft a water barrell for your ship. In non desert grids it generally rains enough to provide water as long as you open the barrell when it rains and close it after (water will evaporate out of an open barrell over time.)

Your other problem is that on top of getting the vitamin skills in survivalism, the best way to handle vitamins is crafting the multi vitamin foods. However they all require grown crops among other things, and you can’t grow crops on a ship, so that rules that out. You could try gathering cooking ingredients you come across and then try trading them to cooks in other zones for crafted foods, but that will be hit or miss.

I would consider doing beast mastery sooner rather than later because if you tame a bear there will be few things you have to worry about not being able to dispatch handily on land, which will simplify your quest and pay off over time. It will also improve your land speed over open ground, so it’s probably worth it.

once you put 20 points or so into fort you should be good on that. I’d consider carry weight. Before you can survive in the arctic, one of you will need to be able to craft fur armor. You really won’t be able to survive long enough up there without it. it’s not quite murder snow on Ragnarok, but it’s headed in that direction.

As far as ships, I’m honestly not sure which is faster. Haven’t sailed a schooner much in a while, think the brig is faster but you will need NPC crew to man the sails. Schooner might be better choice if you’re just wanting to get going ASAP. 

13 minutes ago, Samstag Freitagsson said:

I bet after one week realist will stop playing. because the he will find out that it is in a horrible state. Just play it and then you will find out...

Map will change, so all the wiki and forum infos are outdated when relaunch hits us.

Nah, I have never had a problem with bugs. I also have no problem with and actually like senseless continuous grinding. Just want to get the discovery points done with

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Climbing picks are useful, so are grappling hooks, but when it comes to getting discovery points the most important tool is the spyglass. When you look through it, discovery points appear as giant bluish soap bubbles, making them easy to spot. So get your hands on some crystal ASAP and make a spyglass. Every island gives at least one discovery point just for stepping onto it the first time, but if you do the math this is only a portion of the overall number. When you look at the discoveries page in your character sheet, it will tell you how many total discoveries there are in the grid you’re on and how many of them you’ve unlocked.

when it comes to food you have a couple problems. First up, you will want to make the effort to craft a preserving bag and get your hands on salt ASAP, because without it most of your food will spoil overnight while you’re offline. This at least allow you to kill stuff and gather food along your journey instead of having to spend time everyday dealing with getting food. You will also want to make sure you craft a water barrell for your ship. In non desert grids it generally rains enough to provide water as long as you open the barrell when it rains and close it after (water will evaporate out of an open barrell over time.)

Your other problem is that on top of getting the vitamin skills in survivalism, the best way to handle vitamins is crafting the multi vitamin foods. However they all require grown crops among other things, and you can’t grow crops on a ship, so that rules that out. You could try gathering cooking ingredients you come across and then try trading them to cooks in other zones for crafted foods, but that will be hit or miss.

I would consider doing beast mastery sooner rather than later because if you tame a bear there will be few things you have to worry about not being able to dispatch handily on land, which will simplify your quest and pay off over time. It will also improve your land speed over open ground, so it’s probably worth it.

once you put 20 points or so into fort you should be good on that. I’d consider carry weight. Before you can survive in the arctic, one of you will need to be able to craft fur armor. You really won’t be able to survive long enough up there without it. it’s not quite murder snow on Ragnarok, but it’s headed in that direction.

As far as ships, I’m honestly not sure which is faster. Haven’t sailed a schooner much in a while, think the brig is faster but you will need NPC crew to man the sails. Schooner might be better choice if you’re just wanting to get going ASAP. 

Well I was going to try to go without taming to begin with but I trust your judgement. A lot of useful stuff here thanks boomer 👍

19 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Realist is going to play Atlas .... lol.  In awe actually, over 2500 posts and doesn't even own the game yet.

Regardless, things depend on how fast you want to move on with your nomadic lifestyle.  Would level up to where you are able to craft the basics which means you need a smithy.  There are multiple videos on getting a ramshackle sloop and redesigning it to take a smithy in the hold.  Can also rebuild planks/sails to further upgrade the ramshackle sloop.  As I recall a single medium speed sail is a pretty decent speed boost.  You will however want to get a schooner as fast as possible in my opinion (Between a sloop and a brig).  Speed wise is a big upgrade (One large speed and one small speed sail) from the sloop and can level to build one pretty quickly.  Two people can easily manage the sails without NPC crew. 

Food wise, you can just cook animal meat, fish meat and pick up fruit and veggies from the starter island and most islands there after.  Spoilage is the pain until you get preserving bags with salt/ice.  Get a water barrel on the deck of your ship asap.  Of course it is easier to just die and respawn on your boat bed.  Climbing picks and grappling hooks are a necessity for some discover points.  Using them makes them decay quickly so multiple in inventory is best.  With a smithy on your boat you will be able to repair tools.  Ship decay isn't really an issue unless you anchor in a free port.  A schooner with 250 into resistance will give you about 30 hours in a freeport before it sinks.  On PvE it will be non issue.  Storms just arn't as bad as some make them out to be, more of an inconvenience.  Too far north or south and you will need fur armor to survive also easy to level into and resource gathering for a set isn't bad.     

Yep. Couldn’t really get the game with the whole October 8th release and all lol

anyways, thanks for the info including the schooner.

48 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Ok.

Some areas have more discoveries, deserts were a favourite due to them having ruins near the beach. Golden age ruins can also be good. Going for the easy disco pts is the best option, sometimes don't bother with climbing picks or even running up to the top of mountains. Spyglass will show you disco pts, so you can just sail around, spyglass will show disco pt, get the island disco pt, then spyglass again to see if there is any easy disco pts. If you want to explore and get all the discovery pts, in a way that doesn't bother about building/hoarding mats or reaching end game, it is as simple as go to every island. There was a person on reddit who was doing simply that, just sailing around getting the disco pts on a sloop or schooner.

Brigs are sadly useless for speed and transporting stuff, tbh. Climbing picks are very useful.

Getting the disco pts first is a good idea, as you will then avoid wasting possible xp gained when you work out what you're doing. However, while you're getting disco pts, I will be grinding and will have more stuff than you always 😛

Cow and chicken on the ship is the *best* for rp'ing/pve'ing at the start, cows give milk for blue vitamin, chickens give yellow, craploads of berries (some colour), and some cooked meat (the other colour) Fortitude is good stat to start out with, and is what I lvl up myself. Unfortunately, due to the way the hunger and vitamin system work together currently, sometimes you want less fortitude. I think 10 or 15 fort is fine at the start.

Going for medicine (and building and farming) is a good plan, if someone else can go captaineering and ship building. I think at the start, everyone needs to aim for beast mastery tier 2.

Wow. That was actually helpful and insightful. Thanks

Side note. Has anyone made a atlas version of Dododex yet?

if not, what are the usual tame times for high level bear, cow, chicken?

edit: never mind, I found one A-Calc

Edited by Realist

You don’t have to have taming out of the box, but once you have some of the other essentials like vitamins squared away, it’s worth investing in it to get a bear. Heck if you’re just running for discovery points a super fast ostrich might even be the better option, or you could get both. The point is the time and skill points will pay off even just racing for dp.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Cow and chicken super easy and afaik level irrelevant. In fact lower might be better just cause they tame fast. Bear will be the harder one, a high level will take probably an hour at least, maybe more depending, and you will have to practice at the technique. It’s not as simple as Ark’s knock thing out, stuff food in mouth, narco in butt.

my advice is, if you choose to go solo or in a small group on a pvp server.. find a nice company to rent from that has an alliance, to host your base of operations as you grind. your taxes will be an asset to your hosts so you and your assets will be protected. youre gonna wanna have tames for resource gathering and  bread bears for maps, weight n such. youre gonna want tames because your gonna need to constantly build ships because theres always a true pvper out on the seas that will eventually chase you down and murder you eventually.

alternatively you could join a large group. most large companies have explorers place a bed on an island for company mates to spawn in on and grab the easy discovery point. bed hopping is crucial for power leveling... also most organised groups will usually have a weekly kracken run and powerstone events to keep the majority of the groups casuals progressing in a fast manner.

EDIT: OH PVE... yeah. same thing just no pvp, and fuck taxes if you dont need the protection.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

edit: never mind, I found one A-Calc

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

You don’t have to have taming out of the box, but once you have some of the other essentials like vitamins squared away, it’s worth investing in it to get a bear. Heck if you’re just running for discovery points a super fast ostrich might even be the better option, or you could get both. The point is the time and skill points will pay off even just racing for dp.

Cow and chicken super easy and afaik level irrelevant. In fact lower might be better just cause they tame fast. Bear will be the harder one, a high level will take probably an hour at least, maybe more depending, and you will have to practice at the technique. It’s not as simple as Ark’s knock thing out, stuff food in mouth, narco in butt.

I am digging the tame times. That is awesome. I remember raw meat taming a quetzal in back in early 2016 lmao.

ok so enough points to tame a bear and then also vitamins. Check

4 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Nice thanks 👍

In the engrams/skill section it looks like I should be able to get all the taming and vitamin skills I need by level 20

Unless or until they change it...

Food needs ATM, Meat, fish, vegi/herb, fruit/berries.. Pink/blue/yellow/red are the color codes for them on the vitamin scale. Don't over eat on any one of them though, berries don't fill you up hardly at all.  Once you get prime meats (cows and sharks give prime for example).. 1 cooked prime meat, 1 cooked prime fish, 7sih vegi and 10+ berry will put your Vitamin bars about equal..wait a couple of tics, rinse and repeat and you can slowly fill the bars up even.. Save the berries for last since you can eat plenty of them and they wont fill you up. 😛 Having both the improved Vitamin stuff (first skill page) and the over eating tolerance (food section) helps a lot with that but, not skills you will want to focus on right away. For instance, I usually get a bow as soon as I can.. helps with the meat and leveling by killing things, since its the first ranged.. can kill alphas from high points and stuff like that.

water bag, campfire,basic tools.. solo.. I go for all the basics when first leveling..  down to smithy (to have metal asap) can toss in basic low level taming as well if I don't plan on building my own ships/base right away. I as well grab the starter for ship building tab so I can get both pirace/captain unlocked for grapple/cage and crew larder/ship chest. hrmms .. yeah I work to unlock several tabs even though, I only want things off the frist two rows for the first chunk of levels. Wont need melee weapons or armor right away but will want basics of it for the Fur armor once I plan on reaching colder climates.

food storage- it does spoil slower in a crew larder but, will want to get the bags and always be on the look out for islands with Salt to make preserving salt for the food.. until/unless you can invest into icebox and ice.

You will find having climbing picks, or better, grapple hook a near MUST have in atlas.. I never go anywhere without a grapple on my bar.. lol.  Getting on ships, away from wild beasts, staying on deck when you encounter a siren..yup.. hardly use my ladders just grapple back onto ship.  You will want to get your basic skills and equipment first. To build a basic ship you will need smithy and loom(too make sails and rope ladders) and wood building (to craft ceilings/walls/ramps n stairs).. At the freeport though, you can get the ai  at the dock to build you a raft or ramshackle sloop, to get out of the freeport grid on.. would upgrade to a schooner once one of you can build one, though. You will need enough Crew to man each sail and or cannon if you don't have live players to do it for ya.. so pick up gold where ya can to prepare for buying and paying crew.

Edited by Liatni

11 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Unless or until they change it...

Food needs ATM, Meat, fish, vegi/herb, fruit/berries.. Pink/blue/yellow/red are the color codes for them on the vitamin scale. Don't over eat on any one of them though, berries don't fill you up hardly at all.  Once you get prime meats (cows and sharks give prime for example).. 1 cooked prime meat, 1 cooked prime fish, 7sih vegi and 10+ berry will put your Vitamin bars about equal..wait a couple of tics, rinse and repeat and you can slowly fill the bars up even.. Save the berries for last since you can eat plenty of them and they wont fill you up. 😛 Having both the improved Vitamin stuff (first skill page) and the over eating tolerance (food section) helps a lot with that but, not skills you will want to focus on right away.

food storage- it does spoil slower in a crew larder but, will want to get the bags and always be on the look out for islands with Salt to make preserving salt for the food.. until/unless you can invest into icebox and ice.

You will find having climbing picks, or better, grapple hook a near MUST have in atlas.. I never go anywhere without a grapple on my bar.. lol.  Getting on ships, away from wild beasts, staying on deck when you encounter a siren..yup.. hardly use my ladders just grapple back onto ship.  You will want to get your basic skills and equipment first. To build a basic ship you will need smithy and loom(too make sails and rope ladders) and wood building (to craft ceilings/walls/ramps n stairs).. At the freeport though, you can get the ai  at the dock to build you a raft or ramshackle sloop, to get out of the freeport grid on.. would upgrade to a schooner once one of you can build one, though. You will need enough Crew to man each sail and or cannon if you don't have live players to do it for ya.. so pick up gold where ya can to prepare for buying and paying crew.

Awesome info. As far as early stages of gold collecting would shipwrecks be good? Don’t want to do maps really because I want to stay on course since I am going to go for a row by row method left to right top to bottom kind of thing. I know I can start at the edges because they are attic but I can always do a massive sail around the entire outer edges later.

are far as getting crew, freeports are the best spot right? Not looking for anything special.

Well, since they said they have changed up the biomes and such.. Not sure where they are now :X  Again, grapple hook for snagging flotsam trickles in gold as you go, shipwrecks are pretty good but, would suggest one of you invest into a Diving platform to go down to get them (sharks ignore you if you are in a diving suit) need fish oil to "power it".  Freeports are the ONLY place to buy crew until you are ready to destroy SotD and picking rescued crew out of the water from em.  If not going to actively do chest.. yeah flotsam and shipwrecks.. or piracy against other players.. bout the only way to go. lol.

8 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Well, since they said they have changed up the biomes and such.. Not sure where they are now :X  Again, grapple hook for snagging flotsam trickles in gold as you go, shipwrecks are pretty good but, would suggest one of you invest into a Diving platform to go down to get them (sharks ignore you if you are in a diving suit) need fish oil to "power it".  Freeports are the ONLY place to buy crew until you are ready to destroy SotD and picking rescued crew out of the water from em.  If not going to actively do chest.. yeah flotsam and shipwrecks.. or piracy against other players.. bout the only way to go. lol.

Ok, so I think I might go into survival and beast mastery and have my buddy go captaineering and survival(for the oxygen)

what do you think would be the best trees to go with? Well with you o owing what I am planning on doing. Definitely not doing base building yet though. Straight up voyager nomad time.

Depending on how they did the re work on the islands 🙂 Salt is something most players need (until they can use make ice) So, if you are planning on clearing the grids like you say,  you might want a supply of salt handy on your ship incase, you bump into a group of players who are active in making gold but, have no salt in the area.. for a trade 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

my advice is, if you choose to go solo or in a small group on a pvp server.. find a nice company to rent from that has an alliance, to host your base of operations as you grind. your taxes will be an asset to your hosts so you and your assets will be protected. youre gonna wanna have tames for resource gathering and  bread bears for maps, weight n such. youre gonna want tames because your gonna need to constantly build ships because theres always a true pvper out on the seas that will eventually chase you down and murder you eventually.

alternatively you could join a large group. most large companies have explorers place a bed on an island for company mates to spawn in on and grab the easy discovery point. bed hopping is crucial for power leveling... also most organised groups will usually have a weekly kracken run and powerstone events to keep the majority of the groups casuals progressing in a fast manner.

EDIT: OH PVE... yeah. same thing just no pvp, and fuck taxes if you dont need the protection.

Yeah PVE but thanks for the advice.

They might go pvp down the road but I won’t be getting laid off for probably 2 or more months. Can’t do pvp if I am only on one or two days out of the week 😂

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah PVE but thanks for the advice. ďťż

This kids been talkin shit for months and won't even play PvP.

Foods: Meat pies/Fish and Chips

Discoveries: Just sail you ding dong it's a sailing game.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Liatni said:

Depending on how they did the re work on the islands 🙂 Salt is something most players need (until they can use make ice) So, if you are planning on clearing the grids like you say,  you might want a supply of salt handy on your ship incase, you bump into a group of players who are active in making gold but, have no salt in the area.. for a trade 😛

Yeah definitely going to pick up what I can and trading is something I hadn’t thought of(first time PVE experience).

you PVE guys like to trade a lot right? I saw a lot of threads on that but I always said that wasn’t viable but that was from a PvP perspective.

this whole exploring thing might be pretty damn fun. Starting to get my hype back to be honest. Sailing around trading with people will be cool and it should make it to where I don’t always have to stop and find stuff I need.

erm, I wouldn't think of it as focusing on one tree but, picking skills off trees that work best for you.. I think, in the end the only two trees I ever fully have are beast matery and captaineering.. rest are just random skills off each that I pref.. heh.

2 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

This kids been talkin shit for months and won't even play PvP.

Foods: Meat pies/Fish and Chips

Discoveries: Just sail you ding dong it's a sailing game.

Yes I know just sail but I want all discovery points and I am pretty sure just sailing won’t get me all of them.

1 minute ago, Liatni said:

erm, I wouldn't think of it as focusing on one tree but, picking skills off trees that work best for you.. I think, in the end the only two trees I ever fully have are beast matery and captaineering.. rest are just random skills off each that I pref.. heh.

I’ll mess around with the skill trees on the A-Calc app to get situated. Thanks 

If you are planning on staying out on the water and not having a base, one of you really needs to head over to the Seamanship tree and learn at least down to shipwright (to be able to build a sloop) intermediate shipwright for a schooner, even better..  and at least medium sails.. There is always a chance of your ship sinking out there and if you can not build another its, back to a freeport to get the cheap starter sloop again. heh.  For those that do not like Brigs, they are my goto ship, big enough to hold a bear or two and a few other beasts  on deck and if not leveled for fighting, they have plenty of storage for my solo needs.  heh.