Sign in to follow this  
NoLuck

Structure Limit

7 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

is quite more simple than that, you have a box and you place it on the ground and you can build on a "x" limited radio around it, boom i fixed the need of a claim system, the fundation spam problem, the need of a decay system, and some griefing problems in the time it took me to write this.

Yeah, and instead of a box, lets make it a flag...
Then were are back to the very first claim system, which everyone else is happy they removed ASAP...
BTW there was a lot of griefing with this system especially in PVE... why place a bunch of foundations to lock you in, which you have to farm (and now need three connected to not decay) if you can just use a free claimbox/flag...?🤨

18 hours ago, NoLuck said:

1) & 2) Thats the first time I official saw a structure limit announced with a range. The 10k should be explained,

well it is coming over from ARK, so it is known... unfortunately not known is actual size of a unit... but in ARK best practice was 100 foundations is 10k units... and that seems to still be true in Atlas (no change there)...
BTW map coordinates are 5 foundation wide (exact) between 0.01...

I still Dont get why the claim System is such a hate/love thing.i Tried playing ark on officials but they were clustered with Gates And foundations And pillars everywhere. Once i found a Spot on a Beach to Build Which was 4 foundations before i Hit Enemy foundation i just build into height And 3 days later got locked in with Walls etc. That could Happen in atlas too even with the current System but i atleast have a 24h Timer to remove stuff in such cases or the islandowner where im tennant on. And i Must say the Auto decay And new claim System reduced Spamming so Hard that Islands Are almost clear of spam.

16 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Yeah, and instead of a box, lets make it a flag...
Then were are back to the very first claim system, which everyone else is happy they removed ASAP...
BTW there was a lot of griefing with this system especially in PVE... why place a bunch of foundations to lock you in, which you have to farm (and now need three connected to not decay) if you can just use a free claimbox/flag...?🤨

the important thing is you can place only 1 (meant for you base), so you cannot "lock people in" even if you settle next to them because overlapping terrain would belong to the 1st person who settled there, the worst griefing you could do is to build in their entrance side making their entrance unnecessarily crowded but since they would have a (lets say) 10x10 buidling area they can just leave a 2 square margin in all sides and problem fixed, the original claim system didnt work because they designed it in the most incompetent possible way, you could steal terrain by overlapping meaning you could also lock them in as you mentioned.

18 hours ago, Redrick said:

Do you have big ships?

i had 2 briggs and 1 galleon, why?

Edited by The D Legacy

7 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

the important thing is you can place only 1 (meant for you base)

That is as useless as "you can only have" X amount of company members and y amount of allies...
Does not work and only helps the big guys while hurting the small guys...
Anything you can bypass from outside the game will be bypassed from outside the game...
That is why they came up with the only working claim solution = whole island...
The problem is, that every small Bob and his mother thinks they are entitled to their own claim...
If you cannot hold an island claim on your own, don't even try, and use the ones others have...
Try to interact with other players - it is the MMO way...!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

That is as useless as "you can only have" X amount of company members and y amount of allies...

is not ment to be usefull is meant to solve problems

Does not work and only helps the big guys while hurting the small guys...

this is an individual claim system, i havent even mentioned the company claim system, so the fact that you are comparng them both is like comparing apples and bananas

Anything you can bypass from outside the game will be bypassed from outside the game...

without further explaining what you mean with this i have no idea what you are referring to.

That is why they came up with the only working claim solution = whole island...

you havent given a single arguement, as of now you just thrown unralated complains with no base at all, let alone a relation with the current system (my intution tells me you are an island owner scared of losing his income)

The problem is, that every small Bob and his mother thinks they are entitled to their own claim...

no, only you are, because you are a special snowflake.

If you cannot hold an island claim on your own, don't even try, and use the ones others have...

if you cannot even read a post properly and realise i said i was talking about the PVE servers, dont even try , and sit silently in a corner.

Try to interact with other players - it is the MMO way...!

i dont give 2 fucks about "your" MMO way, i play MMOs only to see the drama from the distance while eating my popcorn, not that there is much drama in PVE anyways.

Edited by The D Legacy

16 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

is not ment to be usefull is meant to solve problems

this is an individual claim system, i havent even mentioned the company claim system, so the fact that you are comparng them both is like comparing apples and bananas

without further explaining what you mean with this i have no idea what you are referring to.

you havent given a single arguement, as of now you just thrown unralated complains with no base at all, let alone a relation with the current system (my intution tells me you are an island owner scared of losing his income)

no, only you are, because you are a special snowflake.

if you cannot even read a post properly and realise i said i was talking about the PVE servers, dont even try , and sit silently in a corner.

i dont give 2 fucks about "your" MMO way, i play MMOs only to see the drama from the distance while eating my popcorn, not that there is much drama in PVE anyways.

- cool, an un-useful problem solving solution... get a patent for it quick...🤓
Again you don't understand how the player base operates in this game. Obviously you come from the single player "I want my own stuff and nothing to do with everyone" side and are not able to cope with the game mechanic reality and how it gets used by everyone else... you just want something of what you think it would solve your problem, but not understanding it will make more problems, because we have been down this road already...
Guess what how many claims around you little claim can a company of 20 have around your base? - 20 claims obviously, even if they have to have 20 single player companies for it...

- uhhh... sorry for not reading your mind... did not want to violate your inner save space... as said before if need be a company of 20 will have 20 single player claims with your system...

- yeah I know you don't... like that you don't have to have a company with everyone in it, if you can use third party tools to make any size company and alliance without being limited with the in-game restrictions - that is why they don't work, like your claim idea does not work, and has not worked before already...

- I am sorry, but it is not our problem that you don't know how the games works and worked before and so you cannot obviously understand the arguments, facts and proofs given - that is on you alone... also it is a fallacy to just say there where no arguments that you want to or can see... again it is on you...
BTW... at current rates of players online and islands available one does not have settlers and income from it or maps anyway... we got claims for the peace timer only... a problem you single PVE player does not have... if we would need a claim because of settlers, we would not have any claims...

- well I am not the one melting, because of not understanding the game and wanting something that does not work, but only -maybe - for yourself...

- does not matter if PVP or PVE, your idea is proven to not work and has been removed from the game ASAP... and your idea was even worst in PVE than in PVP... in PVP you could at least get rid of the other blocking claims... in PVE the griefing claim is protected from you...

- yeah, that is why you want something that only in your dreams might (and it wont) give you even more loneliness from other players...
there is a option for that already BTW... single player... no one can grief you there, it is perfect for you loner... and we would be save from single player ideas to make this MMO worse because the single player cannot stand that other people play together and progress better than alone...

PS: also why you need a claim in PVE anyway... you are not even paying taxes...
Let me guess, you just feel entitled to have one, because everyone gets a trophy, right...?!?!

17 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

- cool, an un-useful problem solving solution... get a patent for it quick...🤓
Again you don't understand how the player base operates in this game. Obviously you come from the single player "I want my own stuff and nothing to do with everyone" side and are not able to cope with the game mechanic reality and how it gets used by everyone else... you just want something of what you think it would solve your problem, but not understanding it will make more problems, because we have been down this road already...

all that talking to present not a single argument, god job.

Guess what how many claims around you little claim can a company of 20 have around your base? - 20 claims obviously, even if they have to have 20 single player companies for it...

so what, they still cannot stuck you in if there is a 2 empty blocks separation between claims (but ofc thats too much braining for this developers, and for you it seems)

- uhhh... sorry for not reading your mind... did not want to violate your inner save space... as said before if need be a company of 20 will have 20 single player claims with your system...

well you could ask, but ofc is easier to assume stuff to your convenience, and as said before i havent mentioned how i would deal with company claim problems. and its called personal space, uncultured monkey.

- yeah I know you don't... like that you don't have to have a company with everyone in it, if you can use third party tools to make any size company and alliance without being limited with the in-game restrictions - that is why they don't work, like your claim idea does not work, and has not worked before already...

can you please quote properly? is very primitive to write the way you do and it makes it harder to know exactly what you are referring to, are you talking about multi instances of the game? ok you get to have more claims, then what?  (and i remind you we are talkingabout game design not cheat prevention)

- I am sorry, but it is not our problem that you don't know how the games works and worked before and so you cannot obviously understand the arguments, facts and proofs given - that is on you alone... also it is a fallacy to just say there where no arguments that you want to or can see... again it is on you...

again, lots of words but no objective argument or point made.

BTW... at current rates of players online and islands available one does not have settlers and income from it or maps anyway... we got claims for the peace timer only... a problem you single PVE player does not have... if we would need a claim because of settlers, we would not have any claims...

peace/war time is in my opinion a bull crap system, people crying for "real pvp" also needing peace time?? grow some fucking  hair in you balls you bunch of big babies. you wanted pvp now deal with it.

- well I am not the one melting, because of not understanding the game and wanting something that does not work, but only -maybe - for yourself...

for the 3rd time no arguements, other than personal attacks, you rly aint too bright huh?

- does not matter if PVP or PVE, your idea is proven to not work and has been removed from the game ASAP... and your idea was even worst in PVE than in PVP... in PVP you could at least get rid of the other blocking claims... in PVE the griefing claim is protected from you...

so you now go back to your already stated claim in this same post? trying to make it as long as possible, huh? not gonna aswer twice to the same subject

- yeah, that is why you want something that only in your dreams might (and it wont) give you even more loneliness from other players...

there is a option for that already BTW... single player... no one can grief you there, it is perfect for you loner... and we would be save from single player ideas to make this MMO worse because the single player cannot stand that other people play together and progress better than alone...

what exactly does a game style has to do with the claim debate? your first quotes required a minimun effort to answer but you last quotes are rly looking more lame the more i read. oh and i solo play because i like being self sufficient, not because of griefing, in other words i dislike incompetent leeches that need others to accomplish their own goals, mediocre people that are comfortable living from other peoples leftovers wich turns out to be a big % of the player base, if ships get enough carrying capacity in the future i will even solo the kranken and give others the middle finger.

PS: also why you need a claim in PVE anyway... you are not even paying taxes...

Let me guess, you just feel entitled to have one, because everyone gets a trophy, right...?!?!

once again, i am not a jelouse loser who cries over what other people have, i set myself a goal and then i acomplish it, using the means i have at my dispossal, i spend 700 hrs living on lawless and acomplished every objective i set my eyes on, but i will burn in hell for all eternity before a single shread of my work goes towards benefiting a leech. but that doesnt stop me from having a perfectly clear opinon of the current system.

Edited by The D Legacy

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

all that talking to present not a single argument, god job.

so what, they still cannot stuck you in if there is a 2 empty blocks separation between claims (but ofc thats too much braining for this developers, and for you it seems)

well you could ask, but ofc is easier to assume stuff to your convenience, and as said before i havent mentioned how i would deal with company claim problems. and its called personal space, uncultured monkey.

can you please quote properly? is very primitive to write the way you do and it makes it harder to know exactly what you are referring to, are you talking about multi instances of the game? ok you get to have more claims, then what?  (and i remind you we are talkingabout game design not cheat prevention)

again, lots of words but no objective argument or point made.

peace/war time is in my opinion a bull crap system, people crying for "real pvp" also needing peace time?? grow some fucking  hair in you balls you bunch of big babies. you wanted pvp now deal with it.

for the 3rd time no arguements, other than personal attacks, you rly aint too bright huh?

so you now go back to your already stated claim in this same post? trying to make it as long as possible, huh? not gonna aswer twice to the same subject

what exactly does a game style has to do with the claim debate? your first quotes required a minimun effort to answer but you last quotes are rly looking more lame the more i read. oh and i solo play because i like being self sufficient, not because of griefing, in other words i dislike incompetent leeches that need others to accomplish their own goals, mediocre people that are comfortable living from other peoples leftovers wich turns out to be a big % of the player base, if ships get enough carrying capacity in the future i will even solo the kranken and give others the middle finger.

once again, i am not a jelouse loser who cries over what other people have, i set myself a goal and then i acomplish it, using the means i have at my dispossal, i spend 700 hrs living on lawless and acomplished every objective i set my eyes on, but i will burn in hell for all eternity before a single shread of my work goes towards benefiting a leech. but that doesnt stop me from having a perfectly clear opinon of the current system.

- so says you... in your authoritative fallacy of a no argument...

- make that three, just so that the elephant fits through please...
oh and btw, those this mean no building outside of claims? - how about lawless...?
oh and btw, those this mean you can build up to 2 foundation close to other players structures, therefore way closer then now... making myriad of new, already solved problems...?
try to learn the game first, than at least think, before you come up with your single player ideas for a MMO...

- that is the problem with not having an argument... it is not my responsibility to come up with your arguments if you cannot in the first place...

- yeah we are talking about game design... and you just want to make the same mistakes again, that were already patched out of the game... because they did not work... but you don't know that, because you are the self-described single-player and have no thought for any MMO game design dynamics...

- lol, you are not very good at this argument game... sorry to penetrate your safe space where only your "arguments" count...

- again, as you don't know the MMO side (and even the single-player side) of the game, you obviously don't know that PVP is not balanced (something even the Devs acknowledge) and the peace timer is a band aid until they fix that... this game would be dead by now without it... it is currently dying slower because of it, but still dying...

- lol, as you want to believe it my little snowflake...

- cannot handle other peoples arguments by fact, can you, eh...?

- because single-player mode is the safe space you want to force on everyone else, that is not as incompetent as you in single-player (coming back to the plank repair and how to solo a ship)... and well you can solo the Kraken on official solo... even don't need more carry capacity, if that is holding you back... I though your problem was not being competent enough to repair your own ship at sea...

- well, after 700hrs, maybe you should set your goal on learning the game...😉

PS: I don't think there will be coming any arguments from you concerning your already disproved by actual in-game testing claim idea... so please save your crying and ad hominem... they are a waste of our time...

12 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

- make that three, just so that the elephant fits through please...
oh and btw, those this mean no building outside of claims? - how about lawless...?
oh and btw, those this mean you can build up to 2 foundation close to other players structures, therefore way closer then now... making myriad of new, already solved problems...?
try to learn the game first, than at least think, before you come up with your single player ideas for a MMO...

you can try to personal attack me all you want, the fact is that even if i didnt know how to play the game wich i do, the developers should no better than anyone how it works even so very obvious explouits were found withing second hrs of the game launch, i like how you mention a mirade of new problems but dont menton not even 1, still you conveniently forget that them as developers can set as many building restrictions as they see fit to ensure you build close to eachother to build towns but without bothering eachother

- that is the problem with not having an argument... it is not my responsibility to come up with your arguments if you cannot in the first place...

i already have,  and what you lack are counter arguments, because you are one of those totalitarian idiots who think only their way works. there are tons of ways to fix this game, but how could they know how??? they solve everything by adding mounts rofl.

- yeah we are talking about game design... and you just want to make the same mistakes again, that were already patched out of the game... because they did not work... but you don't know that, because you are the self-described single-player and have no thought for any MMO game design dynamics...

i perfectly do know, i played solo not alone, wich meand that i interact with others as much as i see fit,i took all neccesary precautions to not be greifed, and spend 700 hrs with no griefing problem at all, while i saw in my same island people being griefed (just so you kno i havent even touched the single player mode) playing on my own doesnt mean playing alone. but thats probably not something you can understand.

13 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

- lol, you are not very good at this argument game... sorry to penetrate your safe space where only your "arguments" count...

again... is called personal space.. you cannot even use words properly but you think and essay with insults give you any credibility?? rofl

- again, as you don't know the MMO side (and even the single-player side) of the game, you obviously don't know that PVP is not balanced (something even the Devs acknowledge) and the peace timer is a band aid until they fix that... this game would be dead by now without it... it is currently dying slower because of it, but still dying...

and again i couldnt give 2 fucks about pvp, i already told you this whole bedate is under PvE servers context, for me pvp players con just go die in a corner.

- lol, as you want to believe it my little snowflake...

no homo, dude.

- cannot handle other peoples arguments by fact, can you, eh...?

arguments? i have seen any, only a bunch of personal attacks easily fended off.

- because single-player mode is the safe space you want to force on everyone else, that is not as incompetent as you in single-player (coming back to the plank repair and how to solo a ship)... and well you can solo the Kraken on official solo... even don't need more carry capacity, if that is holding you back... I though your problem was not being competent enough to repair your own ship at sea...

the fuck are you talking about? i could go the pvp server and play solo, how is that safe ROFL you can already repair your ship on your own at sea, but is bothersome to stop after each fight in wich you took damage to do it, it breaks the immersion, so its a quality of life change, not a solo vs multiplayer change you chimp, you had comprehension issues at school didnt you?

- well, after 700hrs, maybe you should set your goal on learning the game...😉

what? after repeating every sentence up to 3 times you have ran out of arguments again? geez...

PS: I don't think

i know you dont, chimp.

Units used in ATLAS are based on the Unreal engine's units, which are approximately 1 cm.

To give you a point of reference: 
max structures in a 10k unit radius: 15750 <---- old value
max structures in a 10k unit radius: 7875 <---- new value

As you can see, the radius has not changed, just the amount of structures allowed within that radius.

A foundation is 300 units across. So 33.3 foundations in one line equate to 10k units (They are not exactly 300um... They are a little larger than 300 but only by 5um. But their snap overlap is 2.5um on each side).

As for the recent insults in this thread, I suggest you both take another look at the Forum's Articles of Agreement and tone it down. 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 3:01 AM, zottel said:

@pfgSo this is our cathedral which uses exactly 15750 Structures. The other building with my 2 Galleons infront also caps at 15750 Structures but if i move them away i can build there again.So yes they count towards the limit. If you dont know how the structure limits work please dont spread this nonsense,like no one can build in the Grid or on an island anymore because thats just not true. If you still dont believe me ask Evza or Vodoo as they´ve been running some tests in our base as we hit the structure Limit of 15750 on 4 Places,so they had the perfect testing ground for performance etc. Also for comparison just try to find the elephant infront of our Cathedral.fdAoSGX.jpg

so structure limit is basically a joke? not surprised lol

why a cathedral tho?

21 hours ago, Dollie said:

As for the recent insults in this thread, I suggest you both take another look at the Forum's Articles of Agreement and tone it down. 

but can i call Realist stupid?

43 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Can I get one more insult in?  Its a good one! 

you are not a community manager, so no 😂

2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

so structure limit is basically a joke? not surprised lol

why a cathedral tho?

Not really as this thing is dann huge And you could Park 8 galleons in it if you Wanted to. And as few foundations away from the cathedral you could Build such a structure again

3 hours ago, zottel said:

Not really as this thing is dann huge And you could Park 8 galleons in it if you Wanted to. And as few foundations away from the cathedral you could Build such a structure again

yeah thats what i mean, like why set a limit when you can just build reset that limit few meters ahead, at first i tought it was about performance but i am not as sure anymore.

16 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

yeah thats what i mean, like why set a limit when you can just build reset that limit few meters ahead, at first i tought it was about performance but i am not as sure anymore.

It is about Performance, you were Limited to 15750 structures in that area, which is about 33 foundations in a line as dollie Said. So if you Start Building 16 foundations away from that building you are still halfway in the Radius,which means you also have half of the structures from it aswell in that radius,which then lets you only use 7875 structures there. While only structures once they are loaded in Dont cause much lagg everytime someone Else is Getting into the render Radius the Server Needs to Send all those Data again which than can cause a Server lagg.

Is that radius 3 dimensional? 

Example:  Island with large pillar.  Max out on top with large base.  At foot of same pillar build another large base that is within the horizontal 2D plane of the first.  Would they be limited or would the Z height be accounted for?

11 hours ago, zottel said:

It is about Performance, you were Limited to 15750 structures in that area, which is about 33 foundations in a line as dollie Said. So if you Start Building 16 foundations away from that building you are still halfway in the Radius,which means you also have half of the structures from it aswell in that radius,which then lets you only use 7875 structures there. While only structures once they are loaded in Dont cause much lagg everytime someone Else is Getting into the render Radius the Server Needs to Send all those Data again which than can cause a Server lagg.

considering the current performance issues, thats a a bit too generous imo

12 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Is that radius 3 dimensional? 

Example:  Island with large pillar.  Max out on top with large base.  At foot of same pillar build another large base that is within the horizontal 2D plane of the first.  Would they be limited or would the Z height be accounted for?

Think the max height was 55 Walls high if i remember right. So  if its 3 dimensional you have 22 foundations where you could Basicly Build Outside of the structure Limit from the bottom base. Would Test it at our cathedral but sadly the wipe took it from the Earth. But i would say it is 3 dimensional,not sure tho.

On 10/6/2019 at 4:33 PM, Dollie said:

Units used in ATLAS are based on the Unreal engine's units, which are approximately 1 cm.

A foundation is 300 units across. 

So according to these data foundation is 300 cm wide? Please check it. I think it still about 100 cm.

If a bed or even a character led down is just short of a foundation length, the people of Atlas must be almost 9ft tall.

• Like 1