Sign in to follow this  
NoLuck

Structure Limit

Hi asked it in discord already, but I think there is to much traffic right now.

How large is the 10k unite radius, approximately and will ship structures count for it.
Would be good if not, because ships are limeted extra.

In Season one I had to take both points the hard way, as I was building a base, so would be nice to know this time.

50 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

What is this?  Did they lower the structure limit for an area, since the last reset?

No, but with the upcoming they will.

i'm not a builder so i don't really know this technicalities and i'm just guessing here, but i think it is the distance that equals 10k floors/ceilings conected in a straight line. If it's that, only in the biggest islands you are going to be able to go above that limit. 

10k Units is 100 Floors wide And 100 length. Right now its 15750 structures on that Space so They halfed the Limit. So far ships also going towards the Limit 

• Like 1

Well reducing the limit can only be a good thing in my eyes, especially on lawless. I was on an island when another company had maxed out the limit and by god the lag was horrendous. As soon as you started bring your ships in you couldn't tell which way you were going with the lag.

I thought it was my buoys and lighthouse until I deleted them both to find out it wasn't. Happy with the reduction in structure limits, they should add higher limits on other islands if it is possible to do that but not on them all.

Give the players a console command/UI display or whatever to check the structure count in an area before they reach it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, oni said:

Give the players a console command/UI display or whatever to check the structure count in an area before they reach it.

This!!  Nothing is more annoying than a half finished Building And then reach structure Limit.

The real point is that structure limits shouldn't even be an issue, because the game shouldn't be focused on building monstrous bases.  This game should be about getting to sea, and getting off your own island, as much as possible.

I am sick of going to an island, just to find pillars and foundations spammed everywhere.

This game could learn so much from Conan Exiles

In that game, single structures don't last long.  About a day.  And the more structures you have, the less time between Purges.  So, there is an incentive to not spam structures.  But then...people still spam structures, so the fix is obvious.  Make the structure count even more impactful on the Purge...even shorter time, and more destructive foes...foes that can't be tamed.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, zottel said:

10k Units is 100 Floors wide And 100 length. Right now its 15750 structures on that Space so They halfed the Limit. So far ships also going towards the Limit 

This is totally wrong.

1) They said a RADIUS of 10k units, the radius was LESS THAN 1k units before - I know this for a fact because I built a Tortuga breeding base beside our elephant breeding base and both of them were well over 10k structures EACH. The Tortuga base was perhaps 300 units away, and that's being generous. 

2) All but the largest islands are LESS THAN 10k units in any direction and the largest ones will allow for perhaps 4 big base's if and ONLY if they are strategically placed. The new griefing meta will be just spam down useless structures in the middle of an island till you hit the limit. It won't even matter if you own the island or not because once the 8k structures are down the island is done and useless to everyone.

3) The ships have never counted to the limit....... /facepalm

4) Its ALWAYS been the tames that cause the real lag, and changing the tame limit per grid is just going to be griefing meta #2, breed a bunch of monkey's or chicken's and now not only is the island useless but the ENTIRE GRID is useless.

The dev's clearly ran into the huge problem of the platform (XBOX) simply could not handle the load so their "solution" was to put in these limits - effectively killing the game. I can't believe no one else has figured this out, its plain as day. Say goodbye to your beautiful bases - they simply won't be possible anymore under any circumstances even if you get there first. So that's the builders out. Lets see whats left.

300 tame limit per grid..... well there goes the breeders, see griefing meta #2. So tell us, cause the DEVIL is ALWAYS in the details, what happens when a ship sails into a grid that's at tame limit ? do the tames on the ship just disappear ? what happens when a pregnant tame gives birth on a grid that's at the limit ? does it just not get born ?

Then spin up a single PVP server, so all the PVE's that want to play will have to roll there and become farmers "content" for the PVP offline "raiders". 9 hours a day raid offline window...... nothing more needs be said.

I, personally, don't think everyone at grapeshit is this stupid....... this goes to intent. 3k hours in the game and done all the content. Its sad really - they had a great idea because almost 60k people bought into it but hard decisions had to be made so they made the totally wrong ones. Was so looking forward to cats.

• Thanks 1

10k is a massive building with a lot of floors stacked and double walls with a big port. we are good.

@pfgSo this is our cathedral which uses exactly 15750 Structures. The other building with my 2 Galleons infront also caps at 15750 Structures but if i move them away i can build there again.So yes they count towards the limit. If you dont know how the structure limits work please dont spread this nonsense,like no one can build in the Grid or on an island anymore because thats just not true. If you still dont believe me ask Evza or Vodoo as they´ve been running some tests in our base as we hit the structure Limit of 15750 on 4 Places,so they had the perfect testing ground for performance etc. Also for comparison just try to find the elephant infront of our Cathedral.fdAoSGX.jpg

• Like 1

Also it is a Limit per Company per Grid. Mean i can have 300 chicken And my settler can have 300 chicken too in the Same Grid. For having 3k hours in the Game its shocking that you think that way. Sure i Need to make some structures Smaller but i can still Build even if someone Else Hit structure Limit in the Grid. No idea on what weird Servers You Play 

Make structures repairable and damage over time, that will sort out the spam.

I think Rust has something similar where you have to put resources in to repair over time.

18 minutes ago, zottel said:

Also it is a Limit per Company per Grid. Mean i can have 300 chicken And my settler can have 300 chicken too in the Same Grid. For having 3k hours in the Game its shocking that you think that way. Sure i Need to make some structures Smaller but i can still Build even if someone Else Hit structure Limit in the Grid. No idea on what weird Servers You Play 

:anchor: Structure, Tame, and Ship Limit Changes :anchor:

With the launch of the new network, we will be revising the following limits: ship, structure, and tame limits in order to provide players with the optimal experience. The new values are as follows:

Maximum amount of structures in a 10k unit radius: 7875
Maximum amount of tames per gridregion: 300 (NOTE: Crew on stations no longer count towards the tame limit)
Maximum amount of anchored ships per company per gridregion: 40
Maximum amount of unanchored ships per company per gridregion: 20

@zottel I don't see ANY reference to per company in either the structure or tames limits there, do you ? while they ARE explicitly mentioned for ships. That means they are NOT per company limits, it means they ARE global limits.

If you dont know how the structure limits work please dont spread this nonsense,like no one can build in the Grid or on an island anymore because thats just not true.

Prove it. What your saying is bullshit. If I drive my gally in front of your cathedral its gonna lose a bunch of pieces ? I never said someone could not build in the grid, show me where I said that. The changes, as stated, are saying EXACTLY what I'm saying and "testing" by Evza or Vodoo means exactly nothing OR the stated changes are not correct / complete.  You VERY CAREFULLY sidestep and don't address the change in the building radius. They HALVED the "single" structure limit and increased the radius measurement used to determine whats included in a "single" structure by an order of magnitude. To all intents and purposes a company can have a single base on an island now, and that's best case scenario - as stated there can only be ONE base on an island. Stop being a fanboi and address the stated issues. Also lets have a clear statement on how large a foundation is, is that 1x1 units ? 10x10 units ? 5x5 units ?.

• Thanks 1

Hahaha.

300 tames per "gridregion"? Hopefully that is a typo (gridregion appears to be a typo itself, hahaha?)

@PFG you seem angry, and I cbf to read this thread just yet, can you please give a summary, without the "prove it. you're bullshit." stuff?

WTF at your last question there, you want to personally know how large a foundation is, or do you want to know how large zottel thinks it is?

Edited by eeeceee

Its common Sense that those Limits Are per Company. Also with your logic i was able to Build 15750 structures in a 1k Unit while now i can build about 8k per 10k Units ? If you Sail your gally infront of the cathedral you simple are over the current Limit. Also 1 Unit is 1foundation. Still shocked about that nonsense you write. Not even sure if you really believe what you say or just trolling.

The structure limit is concerning the amount of load in of structures information to the client from the point of the client.
With it they try to limit server load. Every time someone gets close to a bunch of structures the server has to upload that information to the client. This results in 'lag' for everyone, while waiting for this to happen. Best - stupid - thing is in PVP you die and respawn to the beds close to where you died, and have to load in all structures again, and everyone gets a moment of silence while that happens...
They played around with the load in in the last few days resulting in bases not all loading in.

They lower it now (again without the needed balancing changes to PVP, which current meta NEEDS lots of structures) because the server obviously cannot handle the load even with the few people online, much less with 10k more XBobs...

As far as is known the 10k units is not the same as a foundation length. It was 100 foundation in ARK and up until now structure limit range was a felt 100 foundation also - same game engine. 100 Foundation is not yet outside rendering range at high, but the action is normally in 100 foundation range...
So a 100 units is foundation length still.

They just flat halved the structure limit in the same range. That is a problem for defense building, where structure limit can be seen as minimum for defense.
There are ways around it.
The structure limit just checks amount of current structure while you want to place a new structure.
Ships count towards it - pull them away for placing structure.
Also start from the center out. Build to structure limit if needed and then add to the outside as you leave the center and it gets out of count range.

Would be so much easier if PVP was balanced and does not need k of structures just to be still not save...
Would be also so much easier to just make useful bigger versions of the structures we have - like a 2x2 Wall would reduce walls needed by ~ 75%...
That would help the PVE base builder alot also...
But no, we get a large wall that is worth 2% of the same surface area as wall structures... but saves 119 walls...
But as they did not do in in ARK (where at least the defenses worked) they will not do it here... to much work to add different size structures for years... lag out!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, pfg said:

The dev's clearly ran into the huge problem of the platform (XBOX) simply could not handle the load so their "solution" was to put in these limits - effectively killing the game. I can't believe no one else has figured this out, its plain as day. Say goodbye to your beautiful bases - they simply won't be possible anymore under any circumstances even if you get there first. So that's the builders out. Lets see whats left.

No problem with your post, but I do question why anyone who is interested in building, is on an official server.  Building is always better on a private server, where collision is allowed, and building, and decor mods are present.  Building on official is very limited, and more than a little frustrating.

Firstly thanks for the answers.Good answers from you zottle.

@pfg Dont know where you get your info but most is wrong. For your first post:

1) & 2) Thats the first time I official saw a structure limit announced with a range. The 10k should be explained, the answer of zottle sounds good. But I recently used the Server Grid    Editor and you have another unit there. Islands have sizes of 100k x 100k  to 500k x 500k so I think thats where their 10k comes from, but how do you translate it to something you can use on offical.

3) Ships definetly count to the limit, if they didnt change anything since season 1. Our harbour and main were near each othere and when people were out I could build.^^ I sometimes got the notification 16000 of 15750 structures.

4) For the tame limit the current company tamelimit is 300 per grid, dont know where you got your copy paste, but not from the official captains log.LOG
     And for Global tamelimit we had a grid with 3 big companys on it and we think we hit it some times. We couldnt tame,breed, or get new NPCs in the sector. So our guess it was             between 4500 and 5000 tames (with NPCs) in season 2.

I would like to have some official Infos available, so we dont have to guess. I know some stuff you cant share, but just clarify the stuff we get.^^

As the structure Limit Radius its hard to Tell whilst Building. As a Radius is a Circle but lost buildings are more or less Square the 100x100 worked best for us to atleast get an idea. For Tame Limit im Not even sure i there is And Grid Limit,think it is really only 300 per Company per Grid,which is Totally Fine with me. Just Need to Split breeding between some grids And you have more than enough Limit. Also stationed Crew Dont count towards that Limit anymore Which will free some Space too.what would be interesting to know is how the Limit behaves if you Sail into a Grid where you have reached the Limit already.

On 9/26/2019 at 6:46 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

The real point is that structure limits shouldn't even be an issue, because the game shouldn't be focused on building monstrous bases.  This game should be about getting to sea, and getting off your own island, as much as possible.

I am sick of going to an island, just to find pillars and foundations spammed everywhere.

This game could learn so much from Conan Exiles

In that game, single structures don't last long.  About a day.  And the more structures you have, the less time between Purges.  So, there is an incentive to not spam structures.  But then...people still spam structures, so the fix is obvious.  Make the structure count even more impactful on the Purge...even shorter time, and more destructive foes...foes that can't be tamed.

is quite more simple than that, you have a box and you place it on the ground and you can build on a "x" limited radio around it, boom i fixed the need of a claim system, the fundation spam problem, the need of a decay system, and some griefing problems in the time it took me to write this.

5 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

is quite more simple than that, you have a box and you place it on the ground and you can build on a "x" limited radio around it, boom i fixed the need of a claim system, the fundation spam problem, the need of a decay system, and some griefing problems in the time it took me to write this.

Do you have big ships?