Sign in to follow this  
JDoe

Server Wipe question for Private Server

I just had a question. Reading the notes they mention that some islands are being redone. I don’t plan on wiping my SP or server BUT will the new island layouts destroy any buildings or anything on beaches? Like if the layout changes will that essentially wipe out what was there? I really hope not. If so, I guess we can redo it but just wondering 

2 minutes ago, JDoe said:

I just had a question. Reading the notes they mention that some islands are being redone. I don’t plan on wiping my SP or server BUT will the new island layouts destroy any buildings or anything on beaches? Like if the layout changes will that essentially wipe out what was there? I really hope not. If so, I guess we can redo it but just wondering 

If you update I am almost certain they will. With some islands becoming Freeports, if you had a base on that island it will he gone.

the good news is will all unofficial servers will will have the power to bring back your own(along with anyone’s else’s) mats/buildings.

it might take awhile to get everything back but if it makes it easier take screenshots of what people had as proof and you can give them what they need.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yes.

Thanks, can you share which ones then? 

3 minutes ago, JDoe said:

Thanks, can you share which ones then? 

Oh I didn't say that I knew, just that there are people who do. I imagine they mostly work for GrapeCard. But you can ask me again on Sunday and I might be able to tell you something.

I know.

You want to punch me right now don't you?

I'm just messing with ya. Hopefully someone who has been on the ptr can shed some light for you, but even that might just be speculation. *shrugs* Either way the info will be readily available this weekend.