Dollie

Captain’s Log #37: ATLAS arrives on Xbox with Steam PC Crossplay

On 9/26/2019 at 7:43 AM, AnneBonny said:

What incentive do I have to continue supporting your product?

I'll answer your question with a question:  What incentive do the developers have to keep you (or me) happy and playing the game?  They already have our money.  Atlas has no microtransactions so they're not going to get any more of our money.  Making us happy and keeping us playing doesn't put any money in their pockets.

So, it makes sense (financially) that they would ignore those who bought in early and focus their efforts on bringing in new players (console launch) who will give them more money. This is the fatal flaw with early access games which keeps most (if not all) EA games from ever reaching their potential.

*reads post* meh meh meh meh meh meh meh, Npc pirates in sp, camps, ships, a cat with a pirate hat! ok i approve of this update... carry on

Lets see if i have this correct. Your PvE side of the game  has some major flaws with the claim system i.e the people that get to claim the island can grief everyone, and not let anybody else build on the island, reducing the amount of land to build a base on significantly (exact opposite of what the devs said this new claim system would do) But you have put the claim system in your road map, part 4. So if your very lucky you might get to look at this in 6 months. Dont you think major changes like this should be in place before any restart, or is your plan to do the changes in 6 months and do another wipe !!!

On 9/26/2019 at 9:46 AM, Blackorin said:

I'm so Tired of getting FUCKED Over by this damn game makers. This is the third time I have to restart after building my lvl/Tames/Ect.. up. Stop fucking the players over. You should have found a way to stop screwing over the people that have been loyal to your game. You could have at least given us our levels back.

its an early acces game, you should have expected wipes.

• Like 2

I just bought this game on Xbox. I am aware that it is in early access and am glad to be able to play a buggy yet playable game at a discounted price. I am also aware that my hours of gameplay could get wiped at any time. That's the risk I took when I bought a game in early access. 

If you want to blame someone for the wipe, blame the players that insist that the only way to play is to find all the exploits and cheat their way to the top. From what I've read, the wipe had to be done. Too many companies had gotten too big by using exploits GS has recently patched. I wish we lived in a world where games were played the way the were meant to be played, and nerfs didn't exist... but we don't because, trolls. Sadly, developers spend more time trying to save their game from those that chose to play like assholes than fixing broken features. That's just the world we live in. 

Edited by Cap'n Tader
Typo

I don't think wipes are necessary but I don't cry over them either. But as for competitiveness we live in a world where professional swimmers want costumes that emulate aquatic life, and cycles have become so light for racing with you can lift them with one finger. It's human nature to try for an advantage, and no one can change it.

It's not an advantage when all your opponents also have 10 pound bikes. Its the devs job to keep the playing field level. When one nut Lance got busted for cheating, all his achievements and titles were stripped. Essentially, his game was wiped. Cheaters always ruin it for everyone 

Sorry but if someone has been playing longer and is a higher level that's not cheating, They did the wipe to put everyone on an even start. But you can't just keep doing it everytime someone is better at something, if you did there would be no such thing as sport at all cos no one would be allowed to win in case it upset someone. Cheating is a different thing altogether but that wasn't the reason for the last wipe.

Edited by Whitehawk

Wow land claim is so wrong someone claim my island when I was off and they came to attack killed all my tames and me several times and I couldn't do anything back to him just because there was peace on wow so why does peace still be active when they attack but they cant be attacked back during peace that's totally wrong in all way if owner of island attacks peace should go away 

On 10/3/2019 at 10:53 PM, Ben Kor said:

I'll answer your question with a question:  What incentive do the developers have to keep you (or me) happy and playing the game?  They already have our money.  Atlas has no micro-transactions so they're not going to get any more of our money.  Making us happy and keeping us playing doesn't put any money in their pockets.

So, it makes sense (financially) that they would ignore those who bought in early and focus their efforts on bringing in new players (console launch) who will give them more money. This is the fatal flaw with early access games which keeps most (if not all) EA games from ever reaching their potential.

but see the thing is word of mouth is very powerful. if they truly wanted their launch to bring in new players that they keep the whole of the older players happy in order to spread the word about how great the game is. cuz with no updates on whats going on and all the issues lately it would turn anyone away that i could convince to buy the game.

just like this morning before work i was sailing through c7 on na pve and my sloop was sailing under water which i didn't mind cuz it didn't hurt anything but that is a big bug in the sailing system which is 90% of the game they have a lot of things that need fixed before they release and its best to fix these issues now with us more dedicated players.

But they arent talking to us.