Jack Shandy

Sea Port Stuctures

So far we have Ark like stuctures for on land and boat like stuctures for the ships, but we lack any stuctures that serve to connect the two.

I'm talking about docks.

1. a dock foundation, the ideal would something similar to Ark's 'Advanced Rafts' Mod Dock foundation, where the pillings automaticaly decend to the sea floor.

2. Pillings, a pillar that can snap to the corner of a foundation to make docks look like docks. (I know the workaround to get pillars in the corner position, but they are not connected and are so skinny that you need one every foundation to make it look realistic.

have you ever looked up at the cargo racks on your galleon and thought would be nice if i can reach them from the dock.

3. Some method of unloading ships, whether it's a crane with a swinging boom that gives you access to any cargo rack it touches, or making the cargo racks actualy be able to be lowered and raised on thier already crane like fitting.

4. stantions, to tie ships to. Just for looks or give it the already in game ship harpoon feature any allow it to drag ships to it.

5. A rope fence to place on the docks.

If GS just take a look at their own custom creations they show off so readily in thier previews, if we can build stuff like that, that would be nice.

Your first stage of your roadmap is bug fixes, QoL and improving stuff already in game! I hope structures are included.

• Like 3

I like #1 and #2

however for #2, you could just build a ramp up to it. Also, as an alternative to the little pillars, you could use stone doorways as just pillar like decorations.

#3 if they could implement some kind of pull function like the ARK mod Structures Plus

13 minutes ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

I like #1 and #2

however for #2, you could just build a ramp up to it. Also, as an alternative to the little pillars, you could use stone doorways as just pillar like decorations.

#3 if they could implement some kind of pull function like the ARK mod Structures Plus

We have ramps on our current dock, 3 galley's side by side. but with all the pillars, ceilings and ramps plus the width required to get a tame with cart up to it, it looks nothing like a dock anymore.

Plus if you popcorn all the contents it goes inside the ship, so it's easier now to just do that, pick it all up with "F" and slowly walk off the ship. Not ideal but it's what works best at pressent.

Yes #1

In the same sizes as the shipyards. Small, Medium and Large but with one walkway(?) that is as long as the matching Shipyard but with a single jetty that is twice as wide. Same material cost would be good. I think it should also be lower in the water so that it can fit under the ship attachments. eg cargo storage.

Its just too hard making jetties they extend out as far as a large shipyard because how deep the water gets. i.e lots and lots and lots of pillars.
My current designs are L shaped with the long part of the L parallel to the beach. But its not very space efficient when you have many ships.