Sign in to follow this  
FatalCrazy

"Interview Complete" ATLAS in event XBOX

What a bunch of bull...

The guy doing the interview is obviously scripted to ask the specific questions the person that is being interviewed is prepared to answer!!!

No useful information was shared here the only thing I see is the whole we need to make sailing a better experience "Company Line"

And this guys initial thoughts on how to do it are so far off base its obvious why they can't make this a decent game!

Make ships EASIER to aquire???  As if its not already stupid easy to build a ship???

More Events on the Sea's???  Because the SOTD and the Storms are NOT REASONS people have quit playing this game?!?

They are not in touch with reality....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

What a bunch of bull...

The guy doing the interview is obviously scripted to ask the specific questions the person that is being interviewed is prepared to answer!!!

No useful information was shared here the only thing I see is the whole we need to make sailing a better experience "Company Line"

And this guys initial thoughts on how to do it are so far off base its obvious why they can't make this a decent game!

Make ships EASIER to aquire???  As if its not already stupid easy to build a ship???

More Events on the Sea's???  Because the SOTD and the Storms are NOT REASONS people have quit playing this game?!?

But hey, now we get a date, when the patch goes online. 

Seems not so important to tell this on the official website, where you can "find informations and news"... 

• Like 2

Btw: when does Atlas starts looking as in the trailer?

And it's nice to see all the blackwood pictures in the new trailer. Does this mean that the devs will finish once this map?

Well if the wanna make it easier to get a new ship - because it would “too easy“ to balance the game i guess - just make shipyards like beds... your ship sinks, pvp reapawn timer at for the shipyard, timer runs out and you spawn in with a fully build and crewed ship... if the enemy wants to stop it, they have to destroy that ship-bed...

Or would that now be too easy to get a ship...? - damn, then would need to balance the game after all...

Make ships more worthwhile... not throw away like a naked Bob respawning... it those not make the ship aspect of the game more fun, because you can care even less if your ships get offline griefed, but replaced faster... at some point they are so worthless to get that you sstop wamting them, then the high sea pirate game dies because of ship inflation...

Fix not by replacing ships for almost nothing, fix always  loosing them... i rather build a gally with ten people for week and cherish it than crank out ten suicide gallys in a day so i can loose them by my own choice destroying other peoples ships that have almost no chance...

Btw more expensive ships means less likely to risk them...that also counts for the attacker...

Btw cannon balls are a crew killing weapon not a ship sinking weapon... ships rarely sunk from cannon fire... you defeated the crew and looted the ship...

Btw there were no divinf attachments to loot the ships you sunk for looting 10.000 ft below the see... yet that id the meta here, main reason ship get sunk...

I'm 50/50 on the ships being easier to build. I get where they are coming from though as they say they want everyone out on the ocean soon as.....The sharks have to eat too.

17 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

What a bunch of bull...

What did you expect?

For what type of interview it was, I thought it was good. Why did you think there was going to be useful information?> That's something that realist was blabbering on about.

Common ships take hours to put together, and sink in moments. Myth ships take a long time to build. Currently, there is people (carebears??) running around saying that the power gap is too big, and do you know why? Because its not stupid easy to build a ship that can defeat a myth ship. Can you explain further? Also, I think Erik was actually referring vaguely, just like he did in the q&a, to the ramshackles thing.

edit: I think just more options is the best way to go. I like how (worthwhile) ships are not stupid easy to build, and I like how common ships are nearly stupid easy to build, but I don't like how they sink stupid easy.

Why is more events on the seas, is a bad thing? Who has quit the game only because of sotd, or storms? Thats a bit weird. I know they are annoying, but they can be fixed. See a sotd and quit, sail through a storm and quit? That is funny.

I know you got lots of posts with some good ideas on how to improve the game, but this post of yours is kinda shit tbh.

1 hour ago, Sheepshooter said:

just make shipyards like beds... your ship sinks, pvp reapawn timer at for the shipyard, timer runs out and you spawn in with a fully build and crewed ship... if the enemy wants to stop it, they have to destroy that ship-bed...

Or we could go play CoD?

Edited by eeeceee

I think when you're first starting out from freeport on the raft or ramshackle sloop constantly being sunk by sotd can be really off putting, especially when you've just died 50 plus times of cold or vitamin deficiency, but a lot of us have persevered beyond that point to enjoy the game. They have to get the difficulty balance just right really. cos if it's too easy people get bored, too tough and people quit too early. Not an easy task to balance it on an mmo.

• Like 1

You know what would be cool to make ship building a little less painful? Once a ship has been made you can "save" the design so that you can just load the materials + pieces into the shipyard and it pop out.

• Like 2

Yeh I started a thread once about saving ships, don't know if it's possible though, but it would save all the clogging up on islands and lag.

5 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Why is more events on the seas, is a bad thing? Who has quit the game only because of sotd, or storms? Thats a bit weird. I know they are annoying, but they can be fixed. See a sotd and quit, sail through a storm and quit? That is funny.

I know you got lots of posts with some good ideas on how to improve the game, but this post of yours is kinda shit tbh.

I challenge you to put Ship of the Damned into the Search engine, then actually truly read thru the history and then tell me if any other feature in the game has driven more people away from said game!?! 

I could cut and paste the 10's of thousands of possible comments into this thread but I don't have the time to do that, there is more than a HUGE number of posts made on this very forum to confirm my conjecture.

Edited by Sulfurblade

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

I challenge you to put Ship of the Damned into the Search engine, then actually truly read thru the history and then tell me if any other feature in the game has driven more people away from said game!?! 

I could cut and paste the 10's of thousands of possible comments into this thread but I don't have the time to do that, there is more than a HUGE number of posts made on this very forum to confirm my conjecture.

While you have a point, I think if you look at the thread dates on most of those posts, they would tend to be back in the early days, when there were tons of them, they aggro'd everything in sight, and they chased you to heck and back. This led to pretty heavy nerfing. If people are quitting the game because of sotd's in the last several months, then they likely can't handle any meaningful level of challenge.

6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

While you have a point, I think if you look at the thread dates on most of those posts, they would tend to be back in the early days, when there were tons of them, they aggro'd everything in sight, and they chased you to heck and back. This led to pretty heavy nerfing. If people are quitting the game because of sotd's in the last several months, then they likely can't handle any meaningful level of challenge.

We don't know that for sure as only less than 1% of the player base is left playing.  

SotD break immersion, they have no place in a low fantasy setting.  And this game scream low fantasy most everything you do is low fantasy and then all of a sudden we toss strange high fantasy crap at the player like Magic Storms, and Ghost ships, Giant Krakens and SotD...  They just don't fit the setting never have!

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

We don't know that for sure as only less than 1% of the player base is left playing.  

SotD break immersion, they have no place in a low fantasy setting.  And this game scream low fantasy most everything you do is low fantasy and then all of a sudden we toss strange high fantasy crap at the player like Magic Storms, and Ghost ships, Giant Krakens and SotD...  They just don't fit the setting never have!

Well let me put it this way, based on my own personal experience with SOTD's dating from launch til now, if people are still quitting over SOTD's, they are really exhibiting a low threshhold for accepting a challenge. Immersion is a seperate issue, and I'm the wrong person to debate it with, because I've never really cared about immersion in any game I've played. Things that jar lots of people about Atlas, like the submarine, dont phase me at all. I realize some people care deeply about immersion, and I guess it's a valid concern to at least some degree because it's a widespread thing, it's just not honestly something I have ever really cared about.

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

Not to mention we can't know that for sure, because it was in a thing called the "past"?

I do know that there was a time when people thought the game was like frogger on the ocean, and it was silly, then they quit. Your argument to look back at all the history of complaints from people, and not provide any further explanation yourself, makes it difficult to have a discussion here. All those complaints through history are all completely about immersion?

I care about immersion, things like storms, ghost ships, and krakens fit the setting. The game mechanic that has been used to place them in the game could use some work, obviously. Sotd fit the setting to a much lesser extent than the other 3 things you mentioned, however they are hardly immersion breaking.

I hope they eventually do something with the wind directions and speeds at which ships travel because I found it really boring spending hours at sea travelling from 1 grid to another with nothing to do, worse when there is no wind. At least give the specially crafted sails a huge boost so you travel faster. Was not a fan of slow travel at all which is why I mainly stayed within 2 grids around.