Nyrro

PTR Branch Single Player - WPE Thoughts and Question

Updated Steam to PTR;

I was able to Find NPC Pirate Encampments and ship, on Grid N6 Single Player. Ran into a Pirate Brig, was a fun battle, doesn't just blow UP like a SOD ship, it has to slowly or quickly sink and it will fight till it goes down. *One thing I noticed is you cannot see any sailors on it, and No Idea if you can board it or claim it, once it sinks it leaves a wreck floating on service, I can only assume you can dive down to loot it or loot something?

Any Plans on having NPC Pirates on the ship so you can board it and fight them? Will we ever be able to claim the ship?

Found island with 4 pirate bases, but there was only the 1 ship around, not sure if there should have been 1 ship per base?

Attacking a pirate base: Its fun, pirates come in different armor amounts, seems smart enough to pull out a pistol to shoot you, the Canons are a bit too accurate, I was on my ship shooting at them and they literally HIT ME every time, Dead on - on the steering wheel. (Maybe instead of just shooting player on ship they could try to sink the ship?

**NOTE** Pirates on cannons, puckle, ballista etc, are invulnerable, you cannot snipe them, you have to walk up to them, or try to punch them to get them to come off turret and fight you. I think for NPC Pirates, it would be good if that could be adjusted... We should be able to Snipe them off the canons or guns.

Another Sugg **Can we make it so the NPC's inside the buildings can come out and fight? Or just leave the doors unlocked so we can go in and fight them, having to blow up the doors or walls just to kill last pirate hiding in the base seems excessive.**

Lastly a Question: I could not find NPC pirates on Blackwood, are they on one of the islands? Or only Ocean Map?

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 2:54 AM, Nyrro said:

Attacking a pirate base: Its fun, pirates come in different armor amounts, seems smart enough to pull out a pistol to shoot you, the Canons are a bit too accurate, I was on my ship shooting at them and they literally HIT ME every time, Dead on - on the steering wheel. (Maybe instead of just shooting player on ship they could try to sink the ship?

**NOTE** Pirates on cannons, puckle, ballista etc, are invulnerable, you cannot snipe them, you have to walk up to them, or try to punch them to get them to come off turret and fight you. I think for NPC Pirates, it would be good if that could be adjusted... We should be able to Snipe them off the canons or guns.

I forget where I was (not at home to check) but in SP with WPE enabled... found to camps on one island. 

Had the same thing happen, WPE cannons had dead-eye aim on me while on the wheel... I'm cool with accurate aiming, but being the sole focus when my ship is firing back, the WPE should focus on the ship not an individual.

As to the note, I was able to target with my ship cannons and knock and/or kill the pirates off the puckles and cannons. (Land based units). It was funny watching from my ship through telescope to see another NPC take over a puckle.  I used the ship cannons and targeted the cannon/puckle pirate and let it auto fire until dead. 

I also set it to auto target the building until gone while I swam ashore and shot a few pirates that wandered around.

29 minutes ago, Samstag Freitagsson said:

Is it possible to destroy the wpe canons on land from sea with mortars or cannons?

Yes, or at least I think I did. The two camps I found had cannons mounted on top of buildings. I targeted the building from the ship and when it stopped I looked and the guns were gone.

A few thoughts

I think that if players can snipe pirates, the NPC pirates can snipe players. Maybe not to ludicrous Chris Kyle accuracy but make it challenging. I think battles should be fun and not face rolls.

I don't think you should be able to snipe a whole camp from far away and waltz in. Again, battles should be challenging and take some tactics.

I like the idea of NPC pirates hunkering down and locking themselves in if they are getting decimated. Then we have to blow it up.

I would love to see NPC Pirates on the ships so while broadsiding we can board and fight. Maybe light some fires etc. I do not think we should be able to claim the ships though. Too easy IMO

Overall the concept is really awesome and will make the game playable/re playable for some time. I loved ARK and there was an attempt by a modder to add NPCs but nothing like this. I am so looking forward to this and hope it is as good as it sounds so far.

• Like 1