Sign in to follow this  
seruum

News from the ptr

Hey guys i thought I'd give you some info on the ptr. They have moved powerstone islands and freeports, there is about 500 more discoveries. Pirate encampments are in the game but are suprisingly pirateless. You crash 4 out of 5 grid swaps which almost cost me a galleon. They have added tutorials with video and audio to them. Change of fonts for more legible reading. The whole graphical design of the game seems to have improved with added textures and better looking seas. Cats are at freeports and take milk or fish to tame, they can hunt rodents bugs (gives keratinoid) and fish. I haven't been able to get to a trench yet so im unsure about sea horses.

All in all the look of the game is alot better and i enjoy the new look. I would have loved to see pirates at the encampments to test that all out. Cats are a good addition if your looking for keratins easily (haven't got the to be able to get fish yet) i cannot say if this is going to bring people back to the game or not but it does look better in alot of ways. 

• Like 4

And Performance changes you could see so far?  Also was wondering where you guys hang around all day XD was able to get 2 full rounds around your island to collect Maps today 🙂

21 hours ago, seruum said:

All in all the look of the game is alot better and i enjoy the new look. I would have loved to see pirates at the encampments to test that all out. Cats are a good addition if your looking for keratins easily (haven't got the to be able to get fish yet) i cannot say if this is going to bring people back to the game or not but it does look better in alot of ways.  

I and my friends tested, we did not find any npc pirate.
We understand that they have time to respawn, there must be time limits to catch these islands while pirates are on them.

I did not like it, the amount of points we saw was bigger to catch big islands.

I can run the game well now with only 8GB RAM.
I liked the cats, I didn't see the seahorses.
It has different effects when it is raining.

Edited by FatalCrazy

41 minutes ago, FatalCrazy said:

I can run the game well now with only 8GB RAM.
I liked the cats, I didn't see the seahorses.
It has different effects when it is raining.

I know it’s too many syllables, but this *almost* feels like a PTR haiku.

• Haha 1

Could someone post or link to the instructions to connect to the ptr. I know it’s a different setup and can’t remember where the instructions are. 

Thanks. 

Nvm. Found the instructions on dollie’s wow and mega patch post. 

Edited by gumbyc