Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Wild Pirate Encampments

*yawns*

Oh look, Realist has hijacked his own thread to talk about something he's never brought up before.

Man those Wild Pirate Encampments sound nice for pve, too bad we can't talk about them.

Dude, this is starting to border on an unhealthy obsession.

It will happen or it won't, either wayย 

pick up the pieces of life and move on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Realist: stop act as you would speak for all the players. I don't give a fuck if there's a wipe or not. Both sides have pros and contras. I don't give a fuck if the other player on the grid plays on PC or Xflop. I don't give a fuck about the playerbase, because GS doesn't too (you can see this in the case that they still programming it).ย 

So in the future I would really like to see you acting more like a smart person and less like a politician duchebag in the opposition, flaming everything you personally dislike and make propaganda without any evidence for your words. You're not Donald Trump, so don't act like that piece of shit.

So shift down, even when you are excited about the xbob launch soon and calm down a bit.ย 

Ah and please stick to the OP (in every fucking thread!), or do you read the threadtitle and just understand: "another thread who wants to be mutated in a wipe-thread by me"?

ย 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

*yawns*

Oh look, Realist has hijacked his own thread to talk about something he's never brought up before.

Man those Wild Pirate Encampments sound nice for pve, too bad we can't talk about them.

Dude, this is starting to border on an unhealthy obsession.

It will happen or it won't, either wayย 

pick up the pieces of life and move on.

For real.

I will pay grapeshot all the monies that it takes, if you just let realist press the wipe button, or whatever the fuck he needs to do to just ... yeah.

5 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Maybe a handful of pvp players looking for somebody to gank.ย ย 

Hahahahhahahaha ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey c'mon people it's an easy enough mistake to make I mean WPE is so similar to WIPE it's easy to get the two confused at a quick glance, wouldn't you say ?

In all reality people bait me into it. I wasnโ€™t the first one to bring it up. Winter Thorne was.

as in all other threads if someone brings I up I reply to it. I almost never start the subject. I just reply to it.

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

In all reality people bait me into it. I wasnโ€™t the first one to bring it up. Winter Thorne was.

as in all other threads if someone brings I up I reply to it. I almost never start the subject. I just reply to it.

That's a fair point kind of like how I'm a sucker for any kind of quote. But at this point all any of us is doing is just regurgitating a discussion that's been done to death. I don't think anyone is going to bring up anything new until at minimum there is actual new information. Lets find something else to talk about. Going back to your OP, while I really like the idea of WPE, I do agree that as they are proposed they seem like they would have a weirdly limited shelf life. I think the devs need to reconsider how they are going to implement them with an eye to making them a long term viable part of gameplay especially for non pvp.

15 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

That's a fair point kind of like how I'm a sucker for any kind of quote. But at this point all any of us is doing is just regurgitating a discussion that's been done to death. I don't think anyone is going to bring up anything new until at minimum there is actual new information. Lets find something else to talk about. Going back to your OP, while I really like the idea of WPE, I do agree that as they are proposed they seem like they would have a weirdly limited shelf life. I think the devs need to reconsider how they are going to implement them with an eye to making them a long term viable part of gameplay especially for non pvp.

Completely agree. When I was reading the patch notes the whole time I was thinking โ€œso once they are gone they are gone?โ€

then when it says they wouldnโ€™t come back unless the island was empty for a long period of time. I couldnโ€™t help but think there will be a handful of players that experience the WPE and then everyone else is out of luck.

me personally, I really like the idea of the WPE and think the idea of it is awesome, but I am pretty disappointed in how they are doing it unfortunatelyย 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Completely agree. When I was reading the patch notes the whole time I was thinking โ€œso once they are gone they are gone?โ€

then when it says they wouldnโ€™t come back unless the island was empty for a long period of time. I couldnโ€™t help but think there will be a handful of players that experience the WPE and then everyone else is out of luck.

me personally, I really like the idea of the WPE and think the idea of it is awesome, but I am pretty disappointed in how they are doing it unfortunatelyย 

I can't imagine they will stick with this long term. It's a total waste to develop content, especially content your game badly needs, and then have it just be some temporary one time thing. I'd actually be fine if they could pop up even on claimed islands and leave it up to the company that owns the island as to whether to wipe them out early or let them grow a bit to present more of a challenge. Perhaps letting a WPE grow on your island and then eventually knocking it off could have a nice reward. Just spitballing, but yeah it's gotta have some more longevity than what this initial idea seems to imply.

So we are discussing about WPEs that are ment to be for Single player or non dedicated And Grapeshot hasnt Said a thing about how they will work on official Servers but we are all disappointed that once someone Killed them on singleplayer And he Builds there it does Not respawn And je Needs to wait for another WPE to spawn on some of the 2000 Islands ?

7 minutes ago, zottel said:

So we are discussing about WPEs that are ment to be for Single player or non dedicated And Grapeshot hasnt Said a thing about how they will work on official Servers but we are all disappointed that once someone Killed them on singleplayer And he Builds there it does Not respawn And je Needs to wait for another WPE to spawn on some of the 2000 Islands ?

We're kind of going on the assumption that long term they wouldn't develop content just for single player and non dedicated only. That wouldn't make much sense, so the operative assumption is how to bring them to officials eventually, and the initial GC statements about that don't seem promising.

All said and done they are at the core just more enemies to fight. I've come across loadsa empty freeports they coulda just spawned npc's into. It's a shame they r going down the conflict route when other options would be better ie friendly encampments with taverns etc for buying and selling from, maybe quest givers too , I know weย  got npc's that we buy from but the interaction with the ai is pretty basic. It's better than nothing for sure, but they could (maybe will) do more with it.

Aside that GS made some weird or Bad decisions which one may like or Not,adding a Feature to officials Which will erease itself in a few days would Not be a Bad decision, it would be plain stupid to say it nicely. GS And also the programmers wont put so much effort in a Game mechanic thats just for a few days.

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

I can't imagine they will stick with this long term. It's a total waste to develop content, especially content your game badly needs, and then have it just be some temporary one time thing. I'd actually be fine if they could pop up even on claimed islands and leave it up to the company that owns the island as to whether to wipe them out early or let them grow a bit to present more of a challenge. Perhaps letting a WPE grow on your island and then eventually knocking it off could have a nice reward. Just spitballing, but yeah it's gotta have some more longevity than what this initial idea seems to imply.

I mean if they are adding new islands they could easily make some non claimable and just let them respawn after you kill all of them. It would add replay ability.

• Like 1

I suppose at the end of the day pc is the testing ground for what will be or won't be released on xbox eventually ,which i'm totally fine with. I wish they'd take some of what we say here on board though, after all we've happily (mostly) reported feedback and stuck with them for quite some time now.

11 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I suppose at the end of the day pc is the testing ground for what will be or won't be released on xbox eventually ,which i'm totally fine with. I wish they'd take some of what we say here on board though, after all we've happily (mostly) reported feedback and stuck with them for quite some time now.

Who's to say they aren't?ย 

It takes time to implement things. Some stuff is pretty straightforward sure, but I wouldn't assume that none of our ideas are being listened to and considered. Way back when I played City of Heroes, players clamored on the boards for the ability to customize the visuals of their powers (mostly color). We were told this wasn't a simple thing and because of the way powers were coded and would require a major rework of that code. Most players considered it a dead issue and moved on. Literally years later ( I wanna say 3 or 4) with little fanfare the devs rolled out power customization to the great surprise of the playerbase. "We said it would take a lot of work. We didn't say we wouldn't do it."ย 

To this day the City of Heroes development team is the gold standard against which I measure the devs of any game I play. Those guys were epic in every sense of the word.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Realist said:

I mean if they are adding new islands they could easily make some non claimable and just let them respawn after you kill all of them. It would add replay ability.

Yeah def a variety of ways to go at this that seem more practical than what theyโ€™ve said.

• Like 1

Well I know a few suggestions have been pushed back as no go, and if you look at the new roadmap and the fact that they want to steer the player base towards areas that we are not supposedly doing enough in then you'll know what I mean by some of what we say. If you have a player base that enjoy sailing but don't enjoy pistol loading (just an example not for real of course) , Then you expand on the sailing, not force everyone to do more shooting,ย it makes no sense, as i've said before you eat in a busy restaurant not an empty one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Ahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha.

Oh, so now you wanna behave?

edit: Everybody else kept on topic, and when you saw that (on topic) post from Winter Thorne, which incidentally included the word wipe, you just spammed it up big time, didn't ya? haha.

Edited by eeeceee

On 9/23/2019 at 3:48 AM, Realist said:

This actually does seem like it would have been a cool idea. Unfortunately it seems like a one time deal with no replay ability.

lets say the WPE launches in the game and someone defeats the encampment. Then it never respawns? No. It should be an unclaimable island so you can periodically go back and fight them again.

yeah, I saw where it said they can respawn on any island that has been unclaimed or built on for an extended period of time, but yet when Xbox releases and all islands are claimed you single handedly got rid of your own mechanic?

i think you might want to rethink that idea. The WPE in general is a really good idea, but once again we are faced with a good idea but bad execution. WPEโ€™s will be short lived. I would wager than even within the first week all WPEโ€™sย will be gone.

so yeah, it might be a good time to rethink this and make WPEโ€™s non claimable islands.

SEA OF THIEVES: You can copy me but change it enough so it doesnt look like you copied it

ATLAS: Ok

๐Ÿ˜‚

on a different subject:

@boomervoncannon @Realist Have you ever played 7 days to die? i tried it (for free ofc, i aint paying shit for incomplete games ever again) its on alpha phase but i am having a blast right now.

ย 

Edited by The D Legacy

On 9/23/2019 at 7:46 AM, UnknownSystemError said:

Just like all their other ideas to slow down island claiming I predict this one will bite them in the ass. Almost a year after launch and despite multiple statements of "We have finally fixed mobs spawning inside terrain!" anyone who plays the game knows that on a regular basis mobs spawn under or inside terrain. The mechanic on having to kill all the mobs on treasure maps before being able to loot the chest will work the same on these islands. Need to kill all the pirate NPC ships and mobs on that island. So here is how progression towards island claiming will go. Instead of just farming enough gold to place down claim flags in the first few hours of a new server launch on official, people will need to grind out some actual combat capability. This means creating temporary bases in lawless to farm, and all the shenanigans that entails. They will get everything they need in short order (screw them solos and small casual groups that make up the bulk of their playerbase) and sail to the island they plan on claiming that has NPC pirate spawn to be cleared. Fight to clear it, put down their claim flag showing how many mobs are left to clear, and get the dreaded "there are two more guardians" message. Scour the island and won't be able to find them as they will have spawned inside or under terrain. On pve people will figure out how to grief or loophole said attempts leading to the oceans of Atlas once again being filled with the salty, salty rage tears of the affected. Lots of broken Xbob controllers as the twitcher edgelords throw their controllers on the ground in impotent rage.

In๏ปฟย order to claim an island, Pathfinders must destroy the WPE that currently live on it. This includes their patrolling ships and any enemy NPC within range of the Encampment center. Players will be able to use the Encampment claimflag to reveal nearby enemy NPCs. After claiming an Encampment, all Encampment will be structures transferred to the new settlement owner. Once defeated, an Encampment will never respawn. However, if the Encampment has not been fully defeated, it will reset to full strength if sufficient time has transpired without it being rendered.

can you please do some spacing between paragraphs?? writing like this makes it a bother to read to be honest, take it as constructive criticism btw.

42 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

SEA OF THIEVES: You can copy me but change it enough so it doesnt look like you copied it

๐Ÿ˜‚

on a different subject:

@boomervoncannon @Realist Have you ever played 7 days to die? i tried it (for free ofc, i aint paying shit for incomplete games ever again) its on alpha phase but i am having a blast right now.

ย 

I have not. Aware of it but never played.

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I have not. Aware of it but never played.

i 100% recomend it, the zombie hords every 7 days are tough and fun as heck. (bear in mind is in alpha state but you can expect a fully functional gameplay)

57 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

๐Ÿ˜‚

on a different subject:

ย 

Yeah I played it a couple of years ago. It is still in alpha?????

yeah itโ€™s actually really fun. I love that you can dig. Built a huge underground bunker.

also went into creative mode and puts 1000โ€™s of tnt all over the huge hospital and blew the whole thing up ๐Ÿ˜‚