Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Wild Pirate Encampments

12 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

My experience with the wpe are they’re everywhere. Mostly two camps per island. Trying to move around the island on foot near these camps dangerous. Many times I thought I was out of range they would either shoot s rifle or cannon at me. For npc’s they are very alert and good shots. Being single player I think it’s going to be difficult to claim an island or settle on one with their camps and boats. 

I think it would have been better to make them more random vs on every claimable island. 

Well for the moment they should be everywhere for the sake of testing them. But I can see dialing them back when live.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 7:57 AM, Percieval said:

That’s pretty stupid lol. Why would you live on lawless because you don’t like the claim system. It’s not that the claim system is ‘hard’ or that there aren’t any islands. 

well i spent 700 hrs on a lawless, being completely sure my landlord would not kick me out to have my stuff(yes there is people like that), being completely happy about the fact that 100% of my work was directed towards my goals not towards someone elses goals, the claim system has absolutely nothing to offer the non owners at all (notice that what i am saying is valid only within the PVE context) the current claim system is not adequate to a pirate world economy is a capitalist simulation, if i wanted a realistic capitalism simulation well i already have real life.

Edited by The D Legacy

On single player I’m not sure about this however there is either no lawless or lawless has wpe’s. I went one grid up from where I spawned and there was 2 wpe camps. Therefore I believe there are wpe’s on every island except Freeport’s. 

I only played for a few hour because I kept on having a problem with the bed on my boat. When I died I could select it but then the game crashed. When I respawned I couldn’t find my ship on any map. Thus happened several times. Anyone else have this problem on single player. 

Also the repair hammer didn’t work.