Dollie

WPE and Megapatch Live on PTR

:anchor: Wild Pirate Encampments and Megapatch Going Live to the Public Test Realm :anchor:

We will be launching our Public Test Realm again today in order to test all of our Megapatch content along with the much-awaited Wild pirate Encampments!

Wild Pirate Encampments

large.DuTtfTHW0AAbrET.jpg

Wild Pirate Encampments (WPE) are collections of enemy NPC characters, defensive fleets, and fortifications which inhabit claimable islands. They have varying weapons (melee and ranged), defenses (various cannons/turret types), and live in pre-built forts. They’ll also have AI ships representing all 4 classes (Sloop through to Galleon) patrolling the shoreline of their islands. The placement of Encampments will be randomized along the islands, and they can also include inland encampments without ships. You’ll have to explore an island to discover all the encampments which inhabit it, and the number can vary based on the island size, with larger islands having bigger and more Encampments. 

In order to claim an island, Pathfinders must destroy the WPE that currently live on it. This includes their patrolling ships and any enemy NPC within range of the Encampment center. Players will be able to use the Encampment claimflag to reveal nearby enemy NPCs. After claiming an Encampment, all Encampment will be structures transferred to the new settlement owner. Once defeated, an Encampment will never respawn. However, if the Encampment has not been fully defeated, it will reset to full strength if sufficient time has transpired without it being rendered.

Please note that

• Encampments will only spawn (and can respawn) on unsettled islands when no players/tames/structures are nearby at all, over a long period of time. 
  • An island can only have Claim Flags placed on it when no Encampments are present on the island, indicated on the HUD when the system is enabled.

This will be available to play on single player and non-dedicated at the moment.

The PTR will also have all of our latest content including:

New Islands

large.ATLAS_NewIsland_1.jpg

More new, unique Islands will be landing on the ATLAS giving you more opportunities to own land, explore and unlock new Discoveries.

large.ATLAS_NewIsland2_1.jpg

New Cosmetics: Sail Skins

large.ATLAS_Sails.jpg

Unfurl new sails against the sky with new Sail Cosmetics. The new cosmetics for small and medium sails lend the appearance of a delicate Junk or Sampan rig with bamboo slats which harkens back to a Far Eastern inspired sail design preceding Western square sails. Opt for the new large sail cosmetic to imbibe your ship with a commanding battle galley aesthetic and make it stand out as the flagship of your fleet!

Hydra Revolver

large.970442286_Atlas_Weapons_Revolverdetailed3_0.jpg

The Hydra Six-shooter pistol allows for up to six shots before reloading! If you have multiple targets (or your aim sucks) this may be your weapon of choice.

Cat

large.cat_web.jpg

Found on Freeports, the cat makes a purrfect pet for contaminating enemy pirates! It can be tamed by hand-feeding, but you better be sneaky, as they’re known to be quite skittish. After a cat has been tamed, order it to ‘hunt’ and wait for your tamed feline friend to catch a rodent, fish, or bugs.

Also includes: 

Controls: Updated full gamepad support
Font: Fully updated font

:wheel:

How to join: 

Dive into the PTR and run everything through its paces with the benefit of 8x rates and increased engram points to unlock all slills to assist you in testing. 

We look forward to sharing more announcements including exciting Xbox news over the next week! 

Grapeshot Games

• Like 3

Are the WPE only in single-player or will it be on official as well because I can't make sense of that one 

Edited by SinInc

4 hours ago, Dollie said:

Hydra Revolver

large.970442286_Atlas_Weapons_Revolverdetailed3_0.jpg

The Hydra Six-shooter pistol allows for up to six shots before reloading! If you have multiple targets (or your aims sucks) this may be your weapon of choice.

Cat

large.cat_web.jpg

Found on Freeports, the cat makes a purrfect pet for contaminating enemy pirates! It can be tamed by hand-feeding, but you better be sneaky, as they’re known to be quite skittish. After a cat has been tamed, order it to ‘hunt’ and wait for your tamed feline friend to catch a rodent, fish, or bugs.

Also includes: 

Controls: Updated full gamepad support

:wheel:

We look forward to sharing more announcements including exciting Xbox news over the next week! 

Grapeshot Games

Hydra revolver post in quotes is hilarious 👍🏼

The other two are right down my lane 🤩

• Like 1

This will be available to play on single player and non-dedicated at the moment.

21 minutes ago, SinInc said:

Are the WPE only in single-player or will it be on official as well because I can't make sense of that one 

I am just waiting for one sentence that will free the Forum of certain Threads:" there will be no wipe". Then we Finally See threads about awesome Adventures,water can eating Crew And be Amazed by Screenshots of incredible buildings And stunning atmospheric nature

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, zottel said:

I am just waiting for one sentence that will free the Forum of certain Threads:" there will be no wipe". Then we Finally See threads about awesome Adventures,water can eating Crew And be Amazed by Screenshots of incredible buildings And stunning atmospheric nature

You should come to B5 on NAPVE  the biggest island inside the bay and see my dock and fleet of ships. (with only 2 of us playing in my company we've been  building a bit to much.) lol Also we've got a nice lighted bridge connecting the island to the main island, with a space for ships to pass through.

29 minutes ago, Kelivath said:

You should come to B5 on NAPVE  the biggest island inside the bay and see my dock and fleet of ships. (with only 2 of us playing in my company we've been  building a bit to much.) lol Also we've got a nice lighted bridge connecting the island to the main island, with a space for ships to pass through.

I know that Problem with building too much ^^ having our base in G10 on EU PVE. BUT Sounds like an Island worth visiting 🙂 i love those huge towns And See how Other People build And always find stuff where they tricked or Used something i would Never think. 

32 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

there is no minigame on the hydra im a fan of that no doubt, however its dmg is so underwhelming I will stick to reg pistol

Any comparison? I mean if your aim sucks one Hit is better then none i guess 🙂

hydra does 28 dmg per hit with a reload time longer than the carbine 😞, and a 2 sec delay between each shot again :(, the reg pistol does 93 dmg and reloads very quickly. reg pistol all the way for me.

Edited by lordkhan4444

6 hours ago, zottel said:

Well I hope the 6 of you will have fun....

yep wipe will bring people back and make xbox happy, no wipe would be total disaster of epic poportions. we all know what will happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zottel said:

But there is going to be a wipe so...

19 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

yep wipe will bring people back and make xbox happy, no wipe would be total disaster of epic poportions. we all know what will happen.

Preaching to the choir man.

Just now, zottel said:

Nah You misread, its WPE Not WIPE XD 

People aren't misreading. There is going to be a wipe, the only reason GS is stated they are trying to do it without a wipe is to delay the announcement of a wipe. Use common sense and logic, it's only logical to wipe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Realist said:

But there is going to be a wipe so...

Preaching to the choir man.

Thanks for your input.

Oh, look at that, and you've created a new thread for WPE, with comments that could've been in this thread, instead of this wipe spam.

@Dollie is there patch notes for this? What are details for the new islands? What has changed for WPE since the original announcement in July?

Yay, no mini game on hydra, does that mean that all new guns will be mini game-less? 🙂

Yay, cats!!!

Edited by eeeceee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrJoeBarbarian said:

People aren't misreading. There is going to be a wipe, the only reason GS is stated they are trying to do it without a wipe is to delay the announcement of a wipe. Use common sense and logic, it's only logical to wipe.

Where is a logic behind delaying the announcment then? If they wipe People will leave the Game no matter if they announced it now or in a week. 

35 minutes ago, zottel said:

Where is a logic behind delaying the announcment then? If they wipe People will leave the Game no matter if they announced it now or in a week. 

Because the last time they announced a wipe in advance they lost the majority of their player base? 

Ah so the wipe Wasnt the Problem for them to leave,just that it was announced so early. Rather Dont announced it then^^ just let everything be gone at some Point so they Dont leave.

11 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Well I hope the 6 of you will have fun....

What do you mean by the six of you ???

5 minutes ago, zottel said:

What do you mean by the six of you ???

I think nutcutt3r means there will be 6 people playing if there is no wipe. Which is kinda harsh, obviously, hehe.

I just don't understand why people bother to keep spamming about this wipe stuff. The game needs to be improved to the point where a wipe doesn't matter due to the game being compelling enough that everybody wants to play, as opposed to the current situation where the wipe (.... and xbox release.....) doesn't really matter because of the stagnant game play.

If there is more than 6 people because there is a wipe, what is the difference in the game play that has afforded such an amount of people?

A wipe or not, or even the timing of an announcement of a wipe, should not have such an effect on the player base. Communication from the devs, that shows that they are actively working towards creating a game that deserves the biggest player base ever, would make such talk trivial.

As the game is still being developed, it can be argued that anything will save it. The "wipe will save the game" crowd are doing the same thing as that guy who kept posting about dragons who steal your gold.

• Like 1

Beside that the numbers were decreasing anyway, alot of Players Who still enjoyed the Game left After the Chance of another wipe coming soon was there. Most of them come back as soon as they say there will be no wipe, while others are in stakende waiting for an answer to Act accordingly 

18 hours ago, Kelivath said:

NAPVE. Same here in B4 NE Island. North shore, we have have built quit the city on that side of the island. 5 players.