Sign in to follow this  
rsly75

Just uninstalled the game.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:31 AM, The D Legacy said:

you mean the ability to force isolate us to be able to not lose our progress?? 🤔

It's a glass-half-empty example, but in a way yes.  The glass-half-full approach would be that if balance of persistence of the game world is out of whack of what's convenient to you (as like it is me), then, we can have our own world and do what we want 🙂   I dare say with friends if you have a server.

12 hours ago, Vorxius said:

It's a glass-half-empty example, but in a way yes.  The glass-half-full approach would be that if balance of persistence of the game world is out of whack of what's convenient to you (as like it is me), then, we can have our own world and do what we want 🙂   I dare say with friends if you have a server.

i am glad if that worked as a solution for you, but in my case i have games i can play solo and have much more fun than in atlas, so if i take away the MMO component of this game it kinda becomes irrelevant because once you have played it once...well its not even fun a second time (at least for me) specially if you consider how it lacks in so MANY departments, so i would have  prefered they fixed the game rather than to push a solo version of it.

lol well, there will be over 25 thousand to replace you soon.  i am sorry but no one gives a fuck. come wipe me bitch

44 minutes ago, Excelex said:

lol well, there will be over 25 thousand to replace you soon.  i am sorry but no one gives a fuck. come wipe me bitch

Pretty sure there will be more than 25k. Don’t worry man not arguing with you or side busting your convo with the other guy.

now that the wipe has happened I have been letting everyone know on other social media that atlas will be good. Most also want to go pve though. Not because they like pve but I mean let’s be real, until factions come out why would console players bother with pvp(especially NA PvP).

it isn’t the pc players fault they have the experience. It is the developers fault that they didn’t implement factions before hand. The whole ark playstyle is just stupid for this game. Once they can either implement factions or non “total”wipes then you can expect to see a lot more people on the PvP servers.

until then, this game is total 💩 as far as PvP is concerned. No reason to even bother with that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Excelex said:

25k... hahahaha

HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

dude that shit you smoke is the real deal. 😂

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Haha 1

I had a little chuckle at that to.  Hope GS does get a well deserved player boost like that.  I would love to see Atlas reach its full potential, and see how it pans out.  Heavy realisation for me was that I just can't dedicate enough time to make OPEN work.  It's not the developers fault, it's my restricted free time that is.  GS threw a bone and gave people like me a chance to experience atlas and the freedom to employ mods as I see fit without disrupting anyone elses experience. 

+1 and cudos where it's due.

4 hours ago, Vorxius said:

I had a little chuckle at that to.  Hope GS does get a well deserved player boost like that.  I would love to see Atlas reach its full potential, and see how it pans out.  Heavy realisation for me was that I just can't dedicate enough time to make OPEN work.  It's not the developers fault, it's my restricted free time that is.  GS threw a bone and gave people like me a chance to experience atlas and the freedom to employ mods as I see fit without disrupting anyone elses experience. 

+1 and cudos where it's due.

I am with you and all but at the same time with how lazy they have been about advertising the game right now I wouldn’t actually call it well deserved. I mean I am with you on hoping it becomes a success, but I would definitely not call it well deserved. 

On 10/4/2019 at 3:48 PM, Realist said:

I am with you and all but at the same time with how lazy they have been about advertising the game right now I wouldn’t actually call it well deserved. I mean I am with you on hoping it becomes a success, but I would definitely not call it well deserved. 

There's an old saying here:   Every dog has its day  😄

It’s swings and roundabouts, 

I really think Grapeshot should add a description screen telling you what to expect when you choose a PvP or PVE server.

i play both, and enjoy both, but they are two very different games with completely different play styles! Seriously, if you’ve played both they have little in common. 

The OP sounds like he should have played PVE if he wanted to spend some gaming time with his boys doing something rewarding. The atlas is a pretty cool place to explore, but not recommended in PVP unless you plan ahead and have plans for a safe harbour.

PvP is unforgiving to the player who doesn’t plan ahead or do his research but is an absolute blast when you find your feet.

for the building and exploration, PVE will feed your imagination.

ultimately, the game should have made it clear what he was getting into and pointed him towards PVE, and yes, this is the games fault. We shouldn’t have to hit google for a couple hours prior to choosing a server.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:10 AM, Realist said:

Pretty sure there will be more than 25k. Don’t worry man not arguing with you or side busting your convo with the other guy.

now that the wipe has happened I have been letting everyone know on other social media that atlas will be good. Most also want to go pve though. Not because they like pve but I mean let’s be real, until factions come out why would console players bother with pvp(especially NA PvP).

it isn’t the pc players fault they have the experience. It is the developers fault that they didn’t implement factions before hand. The whole ark playstyle is just stupid for this game. Once they can either implement factions or non “total”wipes then you can expect to see a lot more people on the PvP servers.

until then, this game is total 💩 as far as PvP is concerned. No reason to even bother with that.

But do you think factions will really be here though? It will be a complicated system so to let that be build by these devs.. kinda like playing with fire. What if I join a faction and sink all the ships, or take all the ships and drive them into enemy territory. Or a dude just O’ing (dropping) all the gold out of the banks. There are so many different ways of destroying/trolling etc. That it will take a very long time until we have a completely ‘trollproof’ system. 

25k to return?.......

i just dont see it....

me and my mate will possibly have one more crack once eu pve goes live....possible.

we kinda got fed up with na pvp ptu though.....even though some numpty destroyed my ships and base i built,i kinda wasnt bothered as there really aint anything to do...

we need trade hubs at ports,econemy ect....bit of pirate truck sim type stuff.

better co op missions to cool locations not locked behind powerstones constantly...

rescue a missing sailor mission.....loads of simple shit

my mates all gone back to ark.....i played it for a hour before quiting.....tiny world....and its just shitty dinosaurs

i just want a proper pirate game akin to black flag,age of pirates ,sea dogs,potc ....

30 minutes ago, Percieval said:

But do you think factions will really be here though? It will be a complicated system so to let that be build by these devs.. kinda like playing with fire. What if I join a faction and sink all the ships, or take all the ships and drive them into enemy territory. Or a dude just O’ing (dropping) all the gold out of the banks. There are so many different ways of destroying/trolling etc. That it will take a very long time until we have a completely ‘trollproof’ system. 

Yep. You are completely right. Believe me I don’t just want them to throw it out and say ok everyone is on two teams. I have no problem waiting(probably a long time) for them to do a good enough job as long as it happens at some point.

pretty sure once factions come around they would have gotten rid of the “total wipe” mechanic of atlas and ark. Keep the PvP on the water but bases can’t be destroyed.

i has plenty of pvp fun in sea of thieves without having to wipe someone lol

so yeah, I am thinking factions won’t be until phase 4 which will be pretty much close to if not at release.