Sign in to follow this  
rsly75

Just uninstalled the game.

I just Uninstall the game I got into the game and saw that all of my boats are gone nothing they’re. sick of playing and grinding the stupid game. Days making the galleon and now it’s gone all of it. I am sick of this game. 

All 4 of my boys bought this game too. Now they don’t want to play the game too. We are all done with playing Atlas. You just lost 5 people.

Edited by rsly75

18 minutes ago, zottel said:

The y thanks do

Those in grapeshot that are saying "why, thanks" do play the game, while pondering "why, thanks"?

1 hour ago, eeeceee said:

Those in grapeshot that are saying "why, thanks" do play the game, while pondering "why, thanks"?

Was ment to be:" they actually do" . Dollie And Jat playing on PVP i think And the others PVE,Not 100% sure on the Server tho. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Wtf? Is going on here?

Hard to say. Without more info it’s hard to tell if the loss was because of a bug or the op not understanding decay timers and acting properly. I don’t want to assume either is the case without knowing. Shame either way. If it’s a bug he wouldn’t be the first. If it’s decay timers he’s def not the first but it wouldn’t be entirely out if his hands in that case.

I would assume, based on personal  experience, that someone floated by and sunk it for fun. Becuase why not when it's almost free and takes 30 sec to sink and harvest a boat that took someone many hours to grind out. 

Pro tip, build a boat on friday and scuttle it sunday night. If your lucky enough to still have it. At least this way you get some mats back. Better if you have pirate tree filled out. Its sadly what I do most of the time.

9 hours ago, rsly75 said:

I just Uninstall the game I got into the game and saw that all of my boats are gone nothing they’re. sick of playing and grinding the stupid game. Days making the galleon and now it’s gone all of it. I am sick of this game. 

All 4 of my boys bought this game too. Now they don’t want to play the game too. We are all done with playing Atlas. You just lost 5 people.

Sure you and your 4 kids spent "days" building a boat.

Next time show em how to build a hatchet instead of how to be a quitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Anybody from grapeshot play atlas?

They might be, but I’m convinced not nearly enough to grasp the issues that need to be addressed. There have been too many things that are wildly obvious to any regular player which they seem oblivious to or blindsided by.

On 9/22/2019 at 12:28 AM, rsly75 said:

Happened to me, it's a chore to solo in multiplayer mode.  If all your stuff vanished, then you have inactive company mates, and if you are solo, and you take breaks from the game, this will happen.  Like I say it happened to me.  It pissed me off, but, I swapped to single player, and now I have the world to myself.  You can compensate yourself for your multiplayer 'losses', and carry on from where you were, with the additional boon of mods giving you some lovely and much needed flavor.

The devs have done a fantastic job, GS have given players like you, and I, the ability to have our own world with none of the drawbacks.

Do yourself a favor, reverse that uninstall, and go out there and pwn your own atlas.  This time next week, you'll forget this ever happened 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks Vorxius,

I will try it out, but the whole idea was to play with my boys. they worked so hard to build the ship it really took days for my boys and I to build it.  Due to a raid before taking most of our stuff so we had to start again. It was really hard to tell my boys that all of our stuff is gone due to other players coming by and probably with in a few minutes destroying all of our work.  They didn't even get a chance to use the ship. They don't want to waste their time building another ship. it took way to long, and they sink way to fast. Just not worth the time. We are going on to play another game together that doesn't punish us from being off line. So thank Vorxius for your mature response and your sincere care. Sadly there are some fanboys  in this game that don't see the problems with this game and will insult you for not wanting to play it because of the frustrations and waste of time. If they made some really good NPC's that could actually guard your base while you are off line then maybe we will try sometime down the road, but I don't have a lot of faith in these game designers / programmers to have the ability or experience to create the AI to do that.

Edited by rsly75
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rsly75 said:

Thanks Vorxius,

I will try it out, but the whole idea was to play with my boys. they worked so hard to build the ship it really took days for my boys and I to build it.  Due to a raid before taking most of our stuff so we had to start again. It was really hard to tell my boys that all of our stuff is gone due to other players coming by and probably with in a few minutes destroying all of our work.  They didn't even get a chance to use the ship. They don't want to waste their time building another ship. it took way to long, and they sink way to fast. Just not worth the time. We are going on to play another game together that doesn't punish us from being off line. So thank Vorxius for your mature response and your sincere care. Sadly there are some fanboys  in this game that don't see the problems with this game and will insult you for not wanting to play it because of the frustrations and waste of time. If they made some really good NPC's that could actually guard your base while you are off line then maybe we will try sometime down the road, but I don't have a lot of faith in these game designers / programmers to have the ability or experience to create the AI to do that.

Honest question: Did you not consider pve game mode if your main objective is to do something fun with your sons? Open world pvp always carries the risk of losing everything, in fact to some degree it’s more or less inevitable. In pve other players cannot damage your ships, tames or buildings so the risk of losing your work is largely mitigated.

You’re never punished for being offline in pve unless you do downright foolhardy things like leave tames in the wild or park your ship in the middle of the ocean. The game does indeed have a myriad of issues, but just based on what you’ve posted so far it sounds like pve would address the source of your frustration.  Overall, I’d respectfully suggest that Early Access games are often poor choices for gaming with kids, whose ability to understand and accept bugs, glitches, imbalance and other issues relating to ongoing development of a game are a lot to ask of young minds still developing and maturing. Having said that, the imbalance between offense and defense in this game’s pvp is currently a major problem, so your own frustration is understandable.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea, but is the AI / NPC enemies fun and worth playing against?  Like I said before I don't have a lot of faith in these developers. I just don't think they have employed any real talent or experienced programmers.  I mean look at all of the animations in the game just for a visual.  each animal has like 3 or 4 animations and that is it. a walk, run, attack, and die. the transitions are bad and janky. I love the idea of the game but I don't think we will ever see a very polished game.  Look at ARK, they still think that that is a polished game and instead of making it amazing they went on to make this one.  It's like they do an okay / half baked game and then move on to the next thing to make a quick buck.  I was hoping to play with other people to make it more fun, but I think the PVE would get boring very quickly and it would end up being a build a base simulator with nothing to defend or fight against and nothing else. 

Edited by rsly75

18 minutes ago, rsly75 said:

Sounds like a good idea, but is the AI / NPC enemies fun and worth playing against?  Like I said before I don't have a lot of faith in these developers. I just don't think they have employed any real talent or experienced programmers.  I mean look at all of the animations in the game just for a visual.  each animal has like 3 or 4 animations and that is it. a walk, run, attack, and die. the transitions are bad and janky. I love the idea of the game but I don't think we will ever see a very polished game.  Look at ARK, they still think that that is a polished game and instead of making it amazing they went on to make this one.  It's like they do an okay / half baked game and then move on to the next thing to make a quick buck.  I was hoping to play with other people to make it more fun, but I think the PVE would get boring very quickly and it would end up being a build a base simulator with nothing to defend or fight against and nothing else. 

Yup that’s pretty much what pve is, build and sail with minimal fighting. It’s far from perfect but at this stage it’s what we got. They did at least put sotd’s in squadrons to make pve ship combat more challenging but I’m not gonna tell you there is a sophisticated AI in there making tactical moves in combat.  FYI Ark still has a full time development staff so it’s not like this game is what they made instead of continuing to work on Ark, it’s in addition to. The most likely overlap in staff is people who do things like design the terrain.

The WPE is an idea that might bring more challenge and content to pve, but it’s only just now being rolled out on PTR, so it’s down the road a ways for official servers if at all. Based on your comments I’d have to honestly recommend shelving the game for a year or so and then checking back down the line to see if has been made more suitable to your tastes. Pvp is an uphill struggle for anyone not a part of a larger company and pve lacks combat content.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rsly75 said:

Sounds like a good idea, but is the AI / NPC enemies fun and worth playing against?

If you opt into the PTR branch and play on a local server you will find Wild Pirate NPCs are just as fun to play against as other players.

34 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

If you opt into the PTR branch and play on a local server you will find Wild Pirate NPCs are just as fun to play against as other players.

Yeah? 

They’re not pushovers? That would be awesome news. WPE that amounts to decent content is something pve sorely needs.

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah? 

They’re not pushovers?

Just like Army of the Dammed, they can be either pushovers or hellbeasts.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 1

It is hard to understand what the OP and sons actually experienced in the game. Sounds like they went straight for a Galleon on PvP, and skipped everything else like diving, exploring, maphunting, taming, squad tactics against SoTD, whaling etc.

I can see why a father would try to get to a single ship so that the various skill levels of his boys could be mitigated, and he wouldn't need to spend alot of time corraling the cats, but a shame that he chose PvP to try it.

Other players will exploit every possible weakness, and a family unfortunately has a bunch of weaknesses to be exploited, not the least of which is a vulnerability to non-consensual combat (offlining). 

I wish GS did a better job of explaining what to expect in PVE and PVP for prospective players. The OP isn't the first and certainly won't be the last to have completely wrong expectations, and get too invested with leveled characters and half-built galleons before realizing what they signed up for.

Maybe he's back with his clan and playing pve instead, I hope so. My young son only wants to do pvp though, a lotta young people do apparently, Dunno if it's the competition of it or just the bloodthirstiness (can't believe that's a real word) . 

Or just youth and energy in general...aah those were the days when I could put my shoes on without my back hurting.

On 9/22/2019 at 1:28 AM, rsly75 said:

sad to hear that mate, if you arent playing anything fun atm you might want to try 7 days to die, is on alpha stage of develoment but they are releasing the alpa 18 update on early october and as of now i am having a blast on the alpha 17.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, Nutcutt3r said:

Sure you and your 4 kids spent "days" building a boat.

Next time show em how to build a hatchet instead of how to be a quitter.

some people have responsabilities, is funny how entitled some society leeches can end up being.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:53 AM, Vorxius said:

The devs have done a fantastic job, GS have given players like you, and I, the ability to have our own world with none of the drawbacks.

Do yourself a favor, reverse that uninstall, and go out there and pwn your own atlas.  This time next week, you'll forget this ever happened 🙂

you mean the ability to force isolate us to be able to not lose our progress?? 🤔