Sign in to follow this  
Elmo

The Discord post stream chat with Dollie

Came across a thread on Reddit that has a link to the Discord chat that Dollie and Jat were kind enough to initiate after seeing that the live stream didn't go over very well.  Doesn't seem to be any new information.  However, Dollie does elaborate some on what GS is thinking and where they are taking the game.  About a 100 times better than the live stream imo. 

<LINK>

Edited by Elmo

yes it was much better info than the stream, the gamers said we know there is gona be a wipe, but dolly just did not give in to letting out the info because she would get in trouble. but I think we all know whats gona happen.

1 minute ago, lordkhan4444 said:

yes it was much better info than the stream, the gamers said we know there is gona be a wipe, but dolly just did not give in to letting out the info because she would get in trouble. but I think we all know whats gona happen.

Agreed

1 hour ago, lordkhan4444 said:

Yeah. Not to be that guy, even though I actually am that guy lol.... but, yeah it’s going to happen.

this needs to be a success. It will not be a success if they don’t wipe. People aren’t going to buy a game they get slaughtered at.

i am really hoping people finally come to the realization of this now. It’s not a bad thing. It is a necessary thing.

6 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

enki after the wipe you gona start in L7 again? 

of course. its been my hunting grounds since day 1 season 1. not joining any lame ass snowflake canadians this time tho lulz. cant wait to break in the xbox noobs 🙂 should join me khan

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

32 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

you've obviously never played dark souls.

Big difference between a game being hard and players starting off at 100 😂

While i Dont mind if there is a wipe or Not ,its not actually a good Sales Argument imo. The xbox Players may Want a clean Server but on the Other Hand if i Want to buy a Game i kinda Want to be sure my stuff stays a while And its not the best thing having to wipe twice at this Stage,while the core Problem still exist that People Are leaving the Game.

13 minutes ago, zottel said:

While i Dont mind if there is a wipe or Not ,its not actually a good Sales Argument imo. The xbox Players may Want a clean Server but on the Other Hand if i Want to buy a Game i kinda Want to be sure my stuff stays a while And its not the best thing having to wipe twice at this Stage,while the core Problem still exist that People Are leaving the Game.

Completely disagree. Respectfully, but still completely disagree. Not wiping would be the absolute worst business decision possible.

as boomer and others have pointed out(which I think they are correct) a lot of console players haven’t done their research and almost definitely don’t have a clue there was even one wipe let alone the upcoming one that will happen on release(in my opinion, there you go boomer 😉) having said that I know they definitely haven’t done as much research as I have and I am basically demanding a wipe.

i really don’t think Xbox players will care about how many wipes might happen when it comes to them starting off at complete disadvantage.

sure, pc players already have the experience advantage. Who cares? They need to be level 1 just like I will be.

not having a wipe will very easily and completely affect their sales. It is that simple.

Blah blah blah i'm demanding a wipe, i'm disadvantaged, suffering, i don't know what a bob is, everyone needs to be lvl 1 just like me, sales, lol.

Edited by eeeceee

4 hours ago, Realist said:

People aren’t going to buy a game they get slaughtered at.

So by that "logic" XBobs will only buy the game till the first day after the wipe, because the next day they will be so far behind it is not worth even trying... 🙄

So by that logic and GC greed for cash-grab, we will have a Realist-wipe(tm) every...?!?! Month? Week? Daily? Or every time a XBob starts a new Bob just to be ultra sure no Realist is left behind...?!?!
And by the same logic there should be Debuff for all the PCBobs, because otherwise they will be lvl 50 on day one and lvl 80 on week one...
Also of course XBobs should have able to spawn in everywhere on server start, while PCBobs only at Free Ports and no Ramshackle Sloops or Rafts for them, they have to swim, so that they not get to the island they want to have and take away the good islands from the XBobs...
The PCBobs can keep the NPC and claim cost, but XBobs will not have to pay that, because of racism, duh...
Obviously the raid timer will have to be shorter for XBobs, so that they can compete and so that there will be no poor balancing from GC that results in XBobs leaving the game again in mass, the raid timer will be set to zero and if acceptable raised later to a few minutes...
By the way there will be Factions finally included which everyone will be automatically assigned to. In the beginning it will be only two Factions: PC and XBox. And will add another one when the MobileBobs join.
Thankfully there will be no wipe for the MBobs, because the have the same privilege - that they should check!!! - as the PCBobs and it would obviously be unfair to all the established XBobs to get their stuff wiped and have to start over again...

It will be Utopia !!! - From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Now we all just have to hope and pray, that all the XBobs will buy the game and a ready for restart when the server wipes, or we PCBobs will continue to be alone on the servers, all hunting the Realists in the game, just because... But you never know with this lazy XBob snowflakes, they might not wake up in time for the wipe...

• Haha 1

Not gonna discuss if And why a wipe should Happen,but its still a Bad decision imo to wipe the Servers because of crossplay. But we will have more into at the end of this month And can finally have threads about Gameplay And possible optimisation etc. And hopefully a ban of the word wipe for a few more month 

Dollie says there's no decision on a wipe and it's mostly based on technical factors, and yet here we are again with people confidently stating that she's confirmed a wipe.

If I wasn't fairly certain that you all live in different geographies, I'd swear they're putting something in your water.

Edited by Winter Thorne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Dollie says there's no decision on a wipe and it's mostly based on technical factors, and yet here we are again with people confidently stating that she's confirmed a wipe.

If I wasn't fairly certain that you all live in different geographies, I'd swear the're putting something in your water.

Oh they’re definitely putting something in the water.

*nods knowingly*

7 hours ago, Realist said:

Completely disagree. Respectfully, but still completely disagree. Not wiping would be the absolute worst business decision possible.

as boomer and others have pointed out(which I think they are correct) a lot of console players haven’t done their research and almost definitely don’t have a clue there was even one wipe let alone the upcoming one that will happen on release(in my opinion, there you go boomer 😉) having said that I know they definitely haven’t done as much research as I have and I am basically demanding a wipe.

i really don’t think Xbox players will care about how many wipes might happen when it comes to them starting off at complete disadvantage.

sure, pc players already have the experience advantage. Who cares? They need to be level 1 just like I will be.

not having a wipe will very easily and completely affect their sales. It is that simple.

*acknowledges and agrees Xbox players in large part have done no research and thus would be unaware of whether there was a wipe or not.*

*contradicts this within the same post by continuing to maintain that whether a wipe is done or not will impact sales.*

*headdesk*

How can information they don’t have impact whether they buy the game or not?

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

*acknowledges and agrees Xbox players in large part have done no research and thus would be unaware of whether there was a wipe or not.*

*contradicts this within the same post by continuing to maintain that whether a wipe is done or not will impact sales.*

*headdesk*

How can information they don’t have impact whether they buy the game or not?

Because once they accounted the launch they would also be announcing a wipe. Until then they would have to do their own research. I also wasn’t talking about if there was a wipe.

that non research was them not knowing there was already a wipe that happened before.

not have a wipe would definitely effect the sales. People on Twitter are already questioning buying it if they don’t wipe

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Because once they accounted the launch they would also be announcing a wipe. Until then they would have to do their own research. I also wasn’t talking about if there was a wipe.

that non research was them not knowing there was already a wipe that happened before.

not have a wipe would definitely effect the sales. People on Twitter are already questioning buying it if they don’t wipe

Let them question. What people say and what they actually do are more often than not different things. It’s called working the refs. You loudly insist that if you don’t get your way, you won’t buy the game or you will quit the game. I’ve been watching gamers do this for 15 years, it’s not new. It’s also complete garbage as an actual indicator of behavior.

You  personally want a wipe badly and absolutely nobody here believes you would fail to buy the game if one didn’t happen. If you’re gonna buy it anyway, why should anyone put a lot of stock in others making similar claims on Twitter, where we all know people are always truthful.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Why does every thread ends up with a wipe-discussion? 

Because when you have an agenda, you have to push that agenda, regardless of nominal topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Because when you have an agenda, you have to push that agenda, regardless of nominal topic.

Uh no. The op Elmo and lordkhan were talking about it before I showed up. I commented because the wipe was already brought up. 

I was just engaging in their conversation. I see an agenda on the other side as well because they just had to pop in and start an argument lol.

and as far as twitter goes jat actually did a good job on his last post. He responded to about 5 people which is pretty damn good.

now instead of everyone asking about a release date everyone is asking about the wipe. Including some pc players that say a wipe would bring more pc people back.

the wipe is a very hot issue right now and everyone wants to know. The one thing I can tell you is I haven’t seen one person say not to wipe on Twitter, that sentiment seems to be forum exclusive.

i even made a wipe thread on Reddit and it seems everyone there wants a wipe too. I haven’t gotten onto discord yet but maybe the same who knows.

edit: it seems as though people are starting to do their research now though.

Edited by Realist

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

Uh no. The op Elmo and lordkhan were talking about it before I showed up. I commented because the wipe was already brought up. 

I was just engaging in their conversation. I see an agenda on the other side as well because they just had to pop in and start an argument lol.

and as far as twitter goes jat actually did a good job on his last post. He responded to about 5 people which is pretty damn good.

now instead of everyone asking about a release date everyone is asking about the wipe. Including some pc players that say a wipe would bring more pc people back.

the wipe is a very hot issue right now and everyone wants to know. The one thing I can tell you is I haven’t seen one person say not to wipe on Twitter, that sentiment seems to be forum exclusive.

i even made a wipe thread on Reddit and it seems everyone there wants a wipe too. I haven’t gotten onto discord yet but maybe the same who knows.

edit: it seems as though people are starting to do their research now though.

It’s telling that you assumed my comment was directed at you personally rather than a group who wants a wipe that you are part of, but back to the point of how so many threads become about the wipe, khan mentions it, making an assertion that goes directly against GC’s public statements, and you take that ball and run with it, restating things you’ve said multiple times elsewhere. I then feel obligated to make counter points to try to limit the misinformation impact this constant assertion of a wipe has been having on the actual playerbase playing the game. That’s how we keep winding up here.

What if we all just agree that some people want a wipe and others don’t and agree that further discussion of it is beating a dead horse whose corpse we aren’t even in charge of. There you go Jat, one dead horse mental image for you, all yours.

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

It’s telling that you assumed my comment was directed at you personally rather than a group who wants a wipe that you are part of, but back to the point of how so many threads become about the wipe, khan mentions it, making an assertion that goes directly against GC’s public statements, and you take that ball and run with it, restating things you’ve said multiple times elsewhere. I then feel obligated to make counter points to try to limit the misinformation impact this constant assertion of a wipe has been having on the actual playerbase playing the game. That’s how we keep winding up here.

What if we all just agree that some people want a wipe and others don’t and agree that further discussion of it is beating a dead horse whose corpse we aren’t even in charge of. There you go Jat, one dead horse mental image for you, all yours.

Well in order to do that we would have to have an answer boomer. That horse is still alive while we are running around trying to kill it.

if we had an answer and we were still talking about it then yeah that would be beating a dead horse. Some times the only way to get an answer is pressure.

even if I agreed to stop there would still be 100’s of others talking about it. That is just what happens when there is a hot issue. This isn’t the first time in history something has been talked about on multiple occasions.

to be honest, CNN talked about the fake Russia hoax for over two years. Now that is beating a dead horse