Roteck

Can't Get Server Side Map Images to Download to Individual Clients

I have got the maps working on my dedicated server, ran off a local machine, but the only way I get the maps to work is to have each player download the images and create a folder with the WorldID in the NewMapImagesCache folder. Every new player to my server must do this. I am trying to figure out why my server won't send the \ShooterGame\Saved\NewMapImagesCache\<ATLASID>\ to each client. Anyone have any ideas?

Is it possible on their end they are going to a different folder, maybe a typo, or missing id info on your json info?

Also I use Atlas Server Control and one of the options is tile map server, not sure if thats something you have to do as well?

2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Is it possible on their end they are going to a different folder, maybe a typo, or missing id info on your json info?

Also I use Atlas Server Control and one of the options is tile map server, not sure if thats something you have to do as well?

i use ASC as well. I don't think the tile map server has anything to do with the maps downloading to clients. I believe that is just for a live territory feed for servers running the newer claiming system. I've tried running that tilemap server as well and no joy. I thought it was a port issue so I checked 27000 and it's closed until the server starts and then it's open. 

We also had the Same Problem with the Map. We imported the ServerGrid.json to ASC and go to ServerGrid Editor. There we saw the full Map. (Maybe you have to open it over Project and then Open).
If it is fully Open you need to Pick a water tile (see Attachments). There is only one .png when you click on "Pick water tile". If you forget this Step your Map background (Water) ingame is black.
After that you can also turn off the Island Names or other Stuff.
If this is finished you click on Export and Export Only Map Image and Only Cell Image. Create a Folder on your Desktop and Export the Files in this Folder.
After that you have a MapImg.jpg and CellImg_*-*.jpg (For each Grid one File). DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THESE .jpg
Export also All if you have done changes to your Grid.
Goto your Atlas Server directory and then ShooterGame. In this Folder, you need to copy the Folder called "ServerGrid" and the "ServerGrid.json" and "ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json" from your Exports. After that you into the Folder ServerGrid and then Copy and Paste all CellImg.jpg and MapImg.jpg in it.
Then is the Map should work ingame. (Of course you need to restart the Server)

This fixed our Problem with the Map and it worked well. Sorry for my bad english i'm a german guy ^^.
If you still having Problems then reply to this Post.

Screenshot_3.png

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 3:25 PM, lolman2079 said:

We also had the Same Problem with the Map. We imported the ServerGrid.json to ASC and go to ServerGrid Editor. There we saw the full Map. (Maybe you have to open it over Project and then Open).
If it is fully Open you need to Pick a water tile (see Attachments). There is only one .png when you click on "Pick water tile". If you forget this Step your Map background (Water) ingame is black.
After that you can also turn off the Island Names or other Stuff.
If this is finished you click on Export and Export Only Map Image and Only Cell Image. Create a Folder on your Desktop and Export the Files in this Folder.
After that you have a MapImg.jpg and CellImg_*-*.jpg (For each Grid one File). DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THESE .jpg
Export also All if you have done changes to your Grid.
Goto your Atlas Server directory and then ShooterGame. In this Folder, you need to copy the Folder called "ServerGrid" and the "ServerGrid.json" and "ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json" from your Exports. After that you into the Folder ServerGrid and then Copy and Paste all CellImg.jpg and MapImg.jpg in it.
Then is the Map should work ingame. (Of course you need to restart the Server)

This fixed our Problem with the Map and it worked well. Sorry for my bad english i'm a german guy ^^.
If you still having Problems then reply to this Post.

Screenshot_3.png

I've done those exact steps numerous times and it was always a blank nothingness in Inventory->Atlas. The in-game map, "M", was always like fog of war but never showed any imagery.