keat

Mermaids...

If you have a bed below deck, I can't see how you would loose a ship to mermaids.
Re-spawn on the bed, hit X. If the boat is pointed out to sea, Whistle Open Sails Fully.
If not pointed out to sea. Wait until the mermaid(s) gives up. It takes a few minutes. The run up on deck grab the wheel and point the ship out to sea. Go below, Hit X (prone) and whistle Open Sails Fully.

well, as from what I heard the beds on ships can randomly bug out and you can't select them and if you do they seem to go on a infinite cool down. noticed it on the galleon I built sailed to a powerstone area and slapped down a small shack with a bed. scouted the place and died to a element and noticed I could not spawn or pick my ship bed. Not sure it it's bug or a way of keeping players from respawning on a ship that's being raided or attacked, but if not for the shack my galleon would be half way across the map from me. So yeah, it's easy to lose a ship in the game current unfinished state. best to have layered preventions to make losing your ship as low as you can. because it hits you when you least expecting it.

layered preventions?

you should always expect to lose your ship, and if you don't you deserve to lose it / make a funny post on this forum 🙂

Edited by eeeceee

On 1/17/2020 at 8:50 AM, eeeceee said:

layered preventions?

you should always expect to lose your ship, and if you don't you deserve to lose it / make a funny post on this forum 🙂

I always expect to lose a few it's why you build extras and up that ways to slow the rate that you lose them. because if you lose them that fast? Maybe you shouldn't be captaining a ship sailing the high seas.....