Sign in to follow this  
Rising

Wild Lv30 Despawn

Hello. For some time during the Lv.30 animal hunt I have noticed that they simply disappear without any explanation just by looking in the opposite direction or moving away from them a bit after some update I don't know exactly which one.

Would you like to know if other people have seen this happen or heard of it at some point?

Is this a bug or something intentional?

It is worth mentioning that this does not happen with animals Lv.29, 28, 27 .... you can for example let a wild bear lv.29 wander around it does not disappear only if it is stuck or if the server is restarted and please don't come to say that some other animal kills a lv.30 bear in fractions of a second or that someone else or tame it because it was just me and the bear on the spot.

34 minutes ago, Rising said:

Hello. For some time during the Lv.30 animal hunt I have noticed that they simply disappear without any explanation just by looking in the opposite direction or moving away from them a bit after some update I don't know exactly which one.

Would you like to know if other people have seen this happen or heard of it at some point?

Is this a bug or something intentional?

It is worth mentioning that this does not happen with animals Lv.29, 28, 27 .... you can for example let a wild bear lv.29 wander around it does not disappear only if it is stuck or if the server is restarted and please don't come to say that some other animal kills a lv.30 bear in fractions of a second or that someone else or tame it because it was just me and the bear on the spot.

The most likely explanation for this is observation bias. The despawning is likely not occurring only with level 30 animals, it is likely occurring with a broad spectrum of animals, but you notice it *because* you're focused on level 30 animals. This isn't to say that there isn't a bug that is causing despawning more frequently than it should (some despawning is normal), just that it's most likely you're noticing it in the particular part of the population you're focused on (level 30's).

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

The most likely explanation for this is observation bias. The despawning is likely not occurring only with level 30 animals, it is likely occurring with a broad spectrum of animals, but you notice it *because* you're focused on level 30 animals. This isn't to say that there isn't a bug that is causing despawning more frequently than it should (some despawning is normal), just that it's most likely you're noticing it in the particular part of the population you're focused on (level 30's). 

I also imagined it would be that but I have been observing it for a few months since first mega update. sometime that something has changed in the game.

Several times I found an animal lv.26~29 and was too lazy to tame because it was in an inaccessible location or was without the favorite food or even the servers were out of 2X Week and hours or days later I would return to the same location and the animal was there with the same level, same color pattern and gender.

Already at lv.30 if I don't catch him at that moment when I first see him (spawn moment) and lose sight of him he disappears.

It is worth mentioning that I know that the game has an anti-stuck script for animals in which if they are stopped blocked by some obstacle the system removes it from the map different from what happened in ARK animals were stuck in almost everything.

6 minutes ago, Rising said:

I also imagined it would be that but I have been observing it for a few months since first mega update. sometime that something has changed in the game.

Several times I found an animal lv.26~29 and was too lazy to tame because it was in an inaccessible location or was without the favorite food or even the servers were out of 2X Week and hours or days later I would return to the same location and the animal was there with the same level, same color pattern and gender.

Already at lv.30 if I don't catch him at that moment when I first see him (spawn moment) and lose sight of him he disappears.

It is worth mentioning that I know that the game has an anti-stuck script for animals in which if they are stopped blocked by some obstacle the system removes it from the map different from what happened in ARK animals were stuck in almost everything.

This might be worth bringing to @Jatheish's attention.

I once had an ally who said something similar to this.

I said nah, you're imagining things.

A few weeks pass, a few lvl 30's had vanished on him (haha, yep, he would turn around for half a second and *poof*) and he finds another lvl 30. This time, he is really pissed off, and doesn't give up for 10 hours or something. He found the lvl 30 after 10 hours of just circling around in the same spot. I'm not joking. It was his first lvl 30 tame, hehe.

Lvl 30's are ninjas, and not really despawning differently to other lvls, is the more likely explanation.

Edited by eeeceee

Has probably just been a string of bad luck.  Also, depending on what animal it was, it could be getting killed.  Coming back 2 days later and expecting it to still be there...not really a recipe for success.  If you see something you want to tame, you should make it a priority.

35 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Has probably just been a string of bad luck.  Also, depending on what animal it was, it could be getting killed.  Coming back 2 days later and expecting it to still be there...not really a recipe for success.  If you see something you want to tame, you should make it a priority.

This is why I have prioritized living in the bushes outside Olivia Munn's house for years. Sure it violates the restraining order,but someday I will tame her, and then she'll be mine.

All mine.

• Haha 1