Sign in to follow this  
Nearchous

pirate game

Good for cats and crabs but they don't help with the pirate theme of the game, helps more for "disneyland" them.

it might help if: 

a)removal of damn ships  and  replacing them with more realistic (NPC) merchant ships and warships which players will be able to sink/loot/even capture , (capture part will give more options to the players to use NPC in PVE).Add low system and add "Navy" to hunt the (pirate) players.

b) Remove that...cyclones ...this work like a "penalty" for the players, especially the galleys can't avoid them and they have to make painful repairs every time,unless you find at least one player who likes this in game.

c)more ship types.....(no more submarines)

EDIT

d) join all servers into one server (EU/NA/PVP/{PVE) divide map with pvp and pve sektors and add "godlmines" to the pvp sektors so that players have a more serious reason to take risks.

e)make it more difficult for players to build ships (must need more and more skills) , and give them the option to sell them so that gold can be more valuable.

Just ideas for saving that game

Edited by Nearchous
  • Like 2

I don't understand how people say this about cyclones. When I am hit, my ships take little damage. Heck, I think my character takes more damage than my ships. And they are supposed to be detrimental. 

A) I'm ok with adding a variant to the sotds. 

B) see above

C) definitely and I don't mind the subs

D) I don't mind a combined world. "Conflict" servers work in Conan.  However, two things; removing all options will not be good for the game and there must be some kind of griefing protection for non pvp players, otherwise I see non pvpers being run out of the combined server.

D) more difficult? No. And people have already been selling ships just like tames.

3 hours ago, Nearchous said:

d) join all servers into one server (EU/NA/PVP/{PVE) divide map with pvp and pve sektors and add "godlmines" to the pvp sektors so that players have a more serious reason to take risks.

No.

Some of us don't want to play pvp, and don't want to have the game restricted where only pvp players get the best stuff and the whole map to play on.

If they want to make one server like that, fine.  If that's the only way to play the game, there's a number of players who just won't play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No. Cats are so very much pirate theme, I'm pretty sure pirates had cats to kill rats. Search the internet for 'pirate ship's cat'.

Damn, where is this cat.

a)  I think having merchant and war ships sailing around, being able to board them and a navy that hunts you down could be fun. I believe this was in the recent Q&A thread, and I believe that the sotd are currently the way they are due to technical reasons.

b) I just don't like how they auto aim to players. Also, When you see a cyclone, you can look away, and it will stop its spawning animation. When you look back, it will restart the animation. They are a kind of a joke really. I'd like to see them just *fixed* because they are kinda cool. Are you saying remove them? What??? That's boring.

c) we wish (and yep, one sub is enough I guess)

d) uh, huh. PVP and PVE together will not work, unless there is significant effort taken. Your suggestion demonstrates a lack of understanding of what would be needed for PVP and PVE together to succeed unfortunately. Please go back through the forums and research as to why.

e) more difficulty by having more skills to build ships? why not just more skills for more fun and same difficulty in obtaining that fun?

Edited by eeeceee

If they re vamp the skills system to a progressive one that, you learn how to aim a gun better by, using a gun.. or sword perks open up as you use the sword.. want to be a great cook? start cooking tons of food.  You want to be a master Captain, you better be prepared for many hours at the helm then! That alone will add hours of content that is player preference to what they like to achieve in a game.

Cyclones, I LIKE THEM.. get rid of them? heh, I would like to see MORE obstacles on the ocean, not less.. HOWEVER, it would be nice to get some rewards for them along with the punishment for sailing trough them.

Once they get the game stable, maybe try an EU/EA combined I know many players who play cross time zone already as it is.. but, I don't like the sound of pvp/pve .. too much exploits waiting to happen. heh.

I like the idea of merchant/npc ships that you can sink or board and plunder but, I think they should add "navy spawned ship" that will spawn on a timer that goes off as soon as you do 😛 Maybe, the better your piracy skills are, the longer it takes for it to spawn in on you?

hrmm, Navy ships out on the waters that will ignore you unless, you attack them or a merchant? Assist you if attacking Pirate or sotd? idk.. soo many things that they could do in the end lol.

Edited by Liatni
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Nearchous said:

Good for cats and crabs but they don't help with the pirate theme of the game, helps more for "disneyland" them.

it might help if: 

a)removal of damn ships  and  replacing them with more realistic (NPC) merchant ships and warships which players will be able to sink/loot/even capture , (capture part will give more options to the players to use NPC in PVE).Add low system and add "Navy" to hunt the (pirate) players.

b) Remove that...cyclones ...this work like a "penalty" for the players, especially the galleys can't avoid them and they have to make painful repairs every time,unless you find at least one player who likes this in game.

EDIT

e)make it more difficult for players to build ships (must need more and more skills) , and give them the option to sell them so that gold can be more valuable.

Getting rid of the claim system would help a lot

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Nearchous said:

it might help if: 

EDIT

11 hours ago, 8ball said:

I don't understand how people say this about cyclones. When I am hit, my ships take little damage. Heck, I think my character takes more damage than my ships. And they are supposed to be detrimental. 

A) I'm ok with adding a variant to the sotds. 

B) see above

C) definitely and I don't mind the subs

D) I don't mind a combined world. "Conflict" servers work in Conan.  However, two things; removing all options will not be good for the game and there must be some kind of griefing protection for non pvp players, otherwise I see non pvpers being run out of the combined server.

D) more difficult? No. And people have already been selling ships just like tames.

10 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

No.

Some of us don't want to play pvp, and don't want to have the game restricted where only pvp players get the best stuff and the whole map to play on.

If they want to make one server like that, fine.  If that's the only way to play the game, there's a number of players who just won't play.

7 hours ago, Liatni said:

If they re vamp the skills system to a progressive one that, you learn how to aim a gun better by, using a gun.. or sword perks open up as you use the sword.. want to be a great cook? start cooking tons of food.  You want to be a master Captain, you better be prepared for many hours at the helm then! That alone will add hours of content that is player preference to what they like to achieve in a game.

Cyclones, I LIKE THEM.. get rid of them? heh, I would like to see MORE obstacles on the ocean, not less.. HOWEVER, it would be nice to get some rewards for them along with the punishment for sailing trough them.

Once they get the game stable, maybe try an EU/EA combined I know many players who play cross time zone already as it is.. but, I don't like the sound of pvp/pve .. too much exploits waiting to happen. heh.

I like the idea of merchant/npc ships that you can sink or board and plunder but, I think they should add "navy spawned ship" that will spawn on a timer that goes off as soon as you do 😛 Maybe, the better your piracy skills are, the longer it takes for it to spawn in on you?

hrmm, Navy ships out on the waters that will ignore you unless, you attack them or a merchant? Assist you if attacking Pirate or sotd? idk.. soo many things that they could do in the end lol.

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Getting rid of the claim system would help a lot

No need to quote?

32 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

No need to quote?

Nope, sorry, reword it because that doesn’t make sense.

37 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nope, sorry, reword it because that doesn’t make sense.

Makes sense to me.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:23 PM, eeeceee said:

No need to quote?

Are you upset we didn't quote someone in a reply? 

5 hours ago, 8ball said:

Are you upset we didn't quote someone in a reply? 

No I was asking if there was any need to quote?

Edited by eeeceee