Jump to content

Hattrix

BLACKWOOD - where are the saves?

Recommended Posts

I want to make sure my Blackwood server gets saved every few hours or so, but I can't seem to find the save file. Right now I'm manually enabling cheats and doing a  "cheat saveworld" but I can't find each save and there should be a few out there.

Can someone point me to where the files are and what the naming convention is?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Edward Teach82 said:

have you tryed to search the saves vie ftp filezilla or similar?

I don't know what file name or extension to search for.... There are a few different types of files. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Neitfall said:

Same place they are for a normal server. AtlasSrv>Shootgame>Saved

I don't have that.

I have:

atlasserver>ShooterGame>Saved>SavedArks

Inside the SavedArks I have 1 Blackwood.atlas file and 1 Blackwood_AnticorruptionBackup.bak.   BUT .. also in that folder are a BUNCH of files called   .arktribe  .tribebak   .arkprofile   .playerentities   .profilebak

 

I just went into our server and enabled cheats. I flew around with the cheat fly command JUST to make sure I was in admin/cheat mode.  Then I did a cheat saveworld. The only thing that saved was:

.arktribe   .arkprofile   .playerentities

I would have thought the Blackwood.atlas would be the file that IS the saved game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes all the other files are your player data files. The .atlas file is the map itself. I back up the entire Saved folder to be safe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Neitfall said:

Yes all the other files are your player data files. The .atlas file is the map itself. I back up the entire Saved folder to be safe.

But it doesn't look like the saveworld command saves the map.....shouldn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That I don't know. Have never tried using the saveworld command. I do know that it saves like every 10 minutes. So if it crashes at minute 9, you are back where you were 10 minutes ago. I don't have my Blackwood running right now so I can't test. We switches to a full 15x15 grid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neitfall said:

That I don't know. Have never tried using the saveworld command. I do know that it saves like every 10 minutes. So if it crashes at minute 9, you are back where you were 10 minutes ago. I don't have my Blackwood running right now so I can't test. We switches to a full 15x15 grid.

WOW ... 15 x 15    are you renting a server or is it a private build. I know EACH grid square needs (I think) 2 gigs of ram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have A dell R710 rackmount at home with dual xeon 3570 cpus and 124Gig of ram. I have 20 cores and 90 Gigs of Ram assigned to my Atlas Virtual Machine. Currently we have 14 grids running. I think I may be able to go to 25, we'll see. There's only 4 of us so I have the main grids around us on that we use for resources, one Golden age ruins, and 1 freeport. Then a couple grids far away so we get higher treasures. (If you pick up a bottle and it rolls a grid that is off, you get no map as it can't set the span for AotD.)  Then when we want to travel to somewhere farther I just turn off grid behind us and start up grids we're heading to using a server manager. Its been working pretty decent for our small group.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neitfall said:

I have A dell R710 rackmount at home with dual xeon 3570 cpus and 124Gig of ram. I have 20 cores and 90 Gigs of Ram assigned to my Atlas Virtual Machine. Currently we have 14 grids running. I think I may be able to go to 25, we'll see. There's only 4 of us so I have the main grids around us on that we use for resources, one Golden age ruins, and 1 freeport. Then a couple grids far away so we get higher treasures. (If you pick up a bottle and it rolls a grid that is off, you get no map as it can't set the span for AotD.)  Then when we want to travel to somewhere farther I just turn off grid behind us and start up grids we're heading to using a server manager. Its been working pretty decent for our small group.  

My bud put together a 4 grid server not too long ago. It was a pain because we couldn't have everything we wanted, but the proof of concept is there and if we can get more ram we could get him to set it up again. ...... Currently we're Blackwood bound and since it's only 2 of us, it's fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×