Sign in to follow this  
keat

Where is 2x?

7 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Nothing to discuss, we want the 2x events and missed them hardly.

Seems that way. In any event, I would be very interested to know what kind of discussion could be going on there.

4 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Seems that way. In any event, I would be very interested to know what kind of discussion could be going on there.

Probably a bigger one than you would think.

they learned from ark about the events because they became so regular that they realized it was taking away from the weekdays. They had also said it was having people progress too fast. With atlas not having a lot of content, they also said that 2x was making people even more bored a lot faster in the long run.

before you came to the forums there was also someone on this that made a thread which jat commented on. The poster brought up a good point that it wasn’t fair that the events were always on the weekends. Jat had told the poster that he agreed and that they were looking into making the events during the weekdays sometimes. They still haven’t don’t it yet so I think they might be thinking about doing that.

so, I mean the discussion could be a lot more in depth than some would think.

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Probably a bigger one than you would think.

they learned from ark about the events because they became so regular that they realized it was taking away from the weekdays. They had also said it was having people progress too fast. With atlas not having a lot of content, they also said that 2x was making people even more bored a lot faster in the long run.

before you came to the forums there was also someone on this that made a thread which jat commented on. The poster brought up a good point that it wasn’t fair that the events were always on the weekends. Jat had told the poster that he agreed and that they were looking into making the events during the weekdays sometimes. They still haven’t don’t it yet so I think they might be thinking about doing that.

so, I mean the discussion could be a lot more in depth than some would think.

Could be. Comments from the devs and another forum thread. I did see that thread actually. I recall that thread fizzled out due to people not being able to come to a conclusion when arguments started about time zones, and that the event doesn't really fall on the weekend for lots of people anyway. 

So, the discussion could be whether or not to have events during the weekdays?

Do you find the events are taking away from your game play on the weekdays?

Do you find yourself progressing too fast?

Are you bored with the content and as a "solution" to increase "longevity" you would like to artificially limit yourself for some reason and just take longer to go from point a to point b?

What about the other points that have been brought up in this thread?

Edited by eeeceee

27 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Could be. Comments from the devs and another forum thread. I did see that thread actually. I recall that thread fizzled out due to people not being able to come to a conclusion when arguments started about time zones, and that the event doesn't really fall on the weekend for lots of people anyway. 

Are you bored with the content and as a "solution" to increase "longevity" you would like to artificially limit yourself for some reason and just take longer to go from point a to point b?

Exactly. There are actually quite a few variables they need to take into account. It isn’t just as simple as “let’s just throw up the 2x”

I just want to talk about breeding, and breeding rates.

Hah.

Edited by eeeceee

11 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

I just want to talk about breeding, and breeding rates.

Hah.

If you don't work or take holidays especially for breeding, it's doable.

If you are a working person or if you get a family, it's not possible to breed on official servers.

For all the other players it's nearly impossible and definitely not healthy.

On a unofficial server we changed the settings, so you can breed a bear in more or less 4h. With the preparations and the try out of the new bear you fullfilled a usual midweek evening with a enjoyable, personal experience.

A elefant takes much longer. Since now I don't know how to breed an ele on the official servers without doing drugs.

Think about it, dear devs...

• Haha 1

I logged on with the intent to make some changes to some of our town, saw it wasn't 2x, and just lost all motivation. The normal rates are just too slow. 

• Like 2

I bred elephants during the event, and I cannot bring myself to do it otherwise. I was talking about this with a friend from ark the other day. This person had played atlas only casually, and had quit many months ago. They asked me "is breeding any good in atlas?"

I've bred countless amounts of t-rex in ark, and I can remember the devs being so very *serious* about the health implications of their game. In ark, there is cryopods now, which allows you to breed animals without the game demand that you have no life. The reason why the breeding takes so long, is not only to make the game more addictive/artificially increase playtime, but also to act as a barrier to having op animals.

As this is a pirate game, and not ark, and there's cool ships and sailing that takes up soooo much of our time, if we could have some kind of progressive mechanic for breeding, that isn't a copy paste, as per above, that would be nice. As the game is pirate based and ship based, and we're fighting stuff on the sea, there is not really that many things you can fight with your tames, except people in PVP. If weapons that are available while on foot are more effective at killing people using tames, that should balance any potential op bred tames.

In the meantime, pleaseeeeeeee 2x :D

• Like 1

It's obvious that a lot of players want and miss 2X for many different reasons. Gathering to craft is essential to game play. Hardcore players have found ways around it by crafting higher quality tools, bonuses, and by taming animals that yield higher rates. I would be interested to find out if many of the hardcore ones still want 2X or if they are they satisfied with the normal rates. I know the more you have the more you want, but is using the boosted rates from non-2X, sufficient enough?

I though about my mushroom comment and realized that if we knew in advance when the 2X events were going to happen, would we not play during non 2X? Would knowing reduce the overall numbers of players during non 2X periods?

I want to know when the 2X events are, and will play at other times regardless because I use that time to look for maps or do routine things. I look forward to the 2X to reduce by board-em of repetitive gathering and build up resources which I can use during the week. I guess the question therefore is; would you want to know in advance when the 2X events will be, or are you happy being a mushroom?

• Haha 1

I would like to see more announcements about it. Not when it starts, no. One or two days before would be nice to know.

So we don't have to ask about and earn an answer like: "Erm... Yeah... Uff... You know we are busy this time... Erm..." 

Really?! Another mark on the "absolutely no way for such a behavior of the devs"-list. 

• Like 1

The OP's buzzkill comment was right on for me. I am not overly concerned about the loss of 2x for a weekend, but avoiding complex extended operations (like Golden Age patrols) from Friday night halfway through Saturday because I was convinced that a patch would be announced any moment really limited the things I was doing.

If they knew they weren't going to patch, I would have loved a heads up. I have grown to expect them on Fridays/Saturdays at this point.

3 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

The OP's buzzkill comment was right on for me. I am not overly concerned about the loss of 2x for a weekend, but avoiding complex extended operations (like Golden Age patrols) from Friday night halfway through Saturday because I was convinced that a patch would be announced any moment really limited the things I was doing.

If they knew they weren't going to patch, I would have loved a heads up. I have grown to expect them on Fridays/Saturdays at this point.

The only thing is here that they already made the original 1x to 2x within the first few months. It took ark about a year and a half before that really happened.

lets say they make the new 2x the new 1x. People will still want events which would really be 4x at that point. Soon after that people will complain about not having that event(totally cool).

long story short. They shouldn’t be having events on the weekends anyways. People don’t play on the weekdays so it makes way more sense to have events on the weekdays.

no, I don’t work weekends, but I would like the people that don’t work weekends to suffer a little since other people do have to work weekends. I feel bad for those guys.

lets do an event every single week but only Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I think that would be an awesome idea.

No.

You do not play the game.

This helps you to ignore how crap your posts are.

If you played the game, your post would be valid.

You don't and it's not.

55 minutes ago, Realist said:

I would like the people that don’t work weekends to suffer a little since other people do have to work weekends.

You should be ashamed. This is the extent of your reasoning skills? Gtfo lol.

1 hour ago, eeeceee said:

No.

You do not play the game.

This helps you to ignore how crap your posts are.

If you played the game, your post would be valid.

You don't and it's not.

You should be ashamed. This is the extent of your reasoning skills? Gtfo lol.

Everything I say is valid. I know you don’t want it to be. I also know you don’t want the weekday people to have events as well.

there shouldn’t be weekend events period 

Edited by Realist

59 minutes ago, Realist said:

Everything I say is valid. I know you don’t want it to be. I also know you don’t want the weekday people to have events as well.

there shouldn’t be weekend events period 

Huh. Why? I doubt you know what I want, but if you did, would it be because I wanted other people to suffer?

9 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Huh. Why? I doubt you know what I want, but if you did, would it be because I wanted other people to suffer?

Man, why do you talk like that? I know you are doing it on purpose now. I read a lot of stuff with you being perfectly fine and then you go on with this. 

I don’t know, why don’t you want the events to be on weekdays? Maybe just answer that question 

Talk like what? Asking questions that you avoid, or reply that "you don't know", and then proceed to ignore and just continue to spam?

Nobody wants events to be on weekdays if the reason is to make some people suffer.

Seems you are not able to talk about anything else here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Realist said:

The only thing is here that they already made the original 1x to 2x within the first few months. It took ark about a year and a half before that really happened.

lets say they make the new 2x the new 1x. People will still want events which would really be 4x at that point. Soon after that people will complain about not having that event(totally cool).

long story short. They shouldn’t be having events on the weekends anyways. People don’t play on the weekdays so it makes way more sense to have events on the weekdays.

no, I don’t work weekends, but I would like the people that don’t work weekends to suffer a little since other people do have to work weekends. I feel bad for those guys.

lets do an event every single week but only Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. I think that would be an awesome idea.

disagree. Don't speak for all the players. Talk for you and about things you seriously can know.

I'm a working person with friends and family. When I got time to play, it's on weekends. Normally during the week, I can't plan some bigger things, because of 2...3h playtime in a row. I usually use this time to explore or build around a bit.

In the weekend you can plan way bigger explorations, bosses, search and transport resources (sounds funny, but with a galleon full with resources you are not the fastest anymore), trade and visit with others and way more stuff...

Sheepshooter nailed it as he/she complained about the event who should start. At Saturday and Sunday I logged out a lot of time to check, if there is an update... I wasn't amused...

That's why I say since months, the devs and specially the CM does a unbelievable bad job and it's worster with every new day. How hard can it be to write down a few words to inform your playerbase?! Isn't exactly that the job a CM should do? 

I got high hopes for GS that they will learn it until the final launch of the game. Just look at every other big game who function since years: they all get a working support and information stream.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

disagree. Don't speak for all the players. Talk for you and about things you seriously can know.

I'm a working person with friends and family. When I got time to play, it's on weekends. Normally during the week, I can't plan some bigger things, because of 2...3h playtime in a row. I usually use this time to explore or build around a bit.

In the weekend you can plan way bigger explorations, bosses, search and transport resources (sounds funny, but with a galleon full with resources you are not the fastest anymore), trade and visit with others and way more stuff...

Sheepshooter nailed it as he/she complained about the event who should start. At Saturday and Sunday I logged out a lot of time to check, if there is an update... I wasn't amused...

That's why I say since months, the devs and specially the CM does a unbelievable bad job and it's worster with every new day. How hard can it be to write down a few words to inform your playerbase?! Isn't exactly that the job a CM should do? 

I got high hopes for GS that they will learn it until the final launch of the game. Just look at every other big game who function since years: they all get a working support and information stream.

I am speaking for myself. I didn’t say everyone wants the even on the weekends nor did I say everyone wants the events on the weekdays. Where did you get that from my post?

that is said I feel bad for these guys? Well I do. I have seen threads on here and posts on twitter about how they work weekends so they never get to play during the events. You just made a statement that your don’t work weekends so you don’t care about other people just what your schedule is. I do happen to care about those people. And no I don’t work weekends so that isn’t me being selfish. It’s me being fair and even.

8 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Talk like what? Asking questions that you avoid, or reply that "you don't know", and then proceed to ignore and just continue to spam?

Nobody wants events to be on weekdays if the reason is to make some people suffer.

Seems you are not able to talk about anything else here.

That was just what I said.

but yes, there are people on here and on Twitter that post saying they work weekends and think it is unfair that they never get to play on the events. I completely agree with them and so does jat since he actually said he understood and they were looking into making events on weekdays.

there shouldn’t be a problem with that. Unless people don’t want to be fair to others. If all they care about is themselves then yeah I can see why they only want the event to be weekends 

Edited by Realist

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

there shouldn’t be a problem with that. Unless people to want to be fair to others.

Ok.......

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

If all they care about is themselves then yeah I can see why ... blah blah.

Are you ok?

Edited by eeeceee

3 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Are you ok?

Sure. Just trying to look out for others. They should be able to enjoy the events as well. Don’t you think?

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Sure. Just trying to look out for others. They should be able to enjoy the events as well. Don’t you think?

Hah. Sure you are.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

So if you can figue the percentages, we can ask the devs to do that portion of the events on weekdays.

Only fair.

• Like 1