Sign in to follow this  
keat

Where is 2x?

1 minute ago, Jack Shandy said:

So if you can figue the percentages, we can ask the devs to do that portion of the events on weekdays.

Only fair.

As long as we are doing this so that we can make people suffer, right? 🙂

5 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

So if you can figue the percentages, we can ask the devs to do that portion of the events on weekdays.

Only fair.

Don’t forget to add in that every event that has happened has been on weekends so far so we might need a few in a row on the weekdays to even it out

On 9/15/2019 at 11:09 PM, Jatheish said:

We've got our heads down at the moment working on some things, so expect it to be a bit more quiet than usual for a while. 

As for 2x weekends, they aren't guaranteed to happen every weekend. In this case, we were working on a build to deploy (perhaps to the PTR again too with some pretty critical changes) but it needed more time internally, so we may end up going out with it later during the week and we'll discuss whether that includes a 2x or not.

what exactly does it means, "a bit more quiet"? Only one post every two months than one post per month?

Are you on a good way with your Xbob cashgrab shit, so you can asap restart programming your game?

And if we can get an answer in any of the few threads about blackwood, the huge amount of bugs and if you will fix it this decade?

You really should start to communicate more with us, but just ignore it again and again... 

• Thanks 1

The events actually sometimes go for weeks on end, which is kinda cool.

Sometimes they forget to turn it on, sometimes its turned on and they then forget to turn it off, sometimes it's as it should be and "regular".

Good on yas for that part I guess. 

Edited by eeeceee

11 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Edited by Realist
Never mind wrong person
  • Haha 1

I agree with REALIST that we should be concerned on what the norm 1X should be. We started out at 1X, then 2X became 1X, where do we stop. There has to be a balance where we get enough per wack to satisfy us vs making the game too easy. I don't know how we find the answer to that. Hardcore long time players don't want the game to be easy because that leads to boredom. As one of those players that have a lot of time in the game I can say I'm not happy with the present 1X, and would be satisfied with 2X becoming the new 1X. With that you must ask then what could be done for weekends or special events? Maybe just do one thing like gold or taming boosts, kracken 1/2 as strong, power stone giveaway, something.

As I mentioned before, with the Dev's plan to have us spend more time at combat and at sea, we will need to be compensated somehow for the additional materials we will need to repair and maintain our ship and crew. For the most part, those come from time gathering resources on land.

I thought EEECEEE brought up a good point and I have a question for REALIST. Do you play ATLAS? I ask because I think it's important to know where a person is coming from to understand what they are saying. This is not a dig, it's not meant to demean you in any way and I welcome your views be them from a philosophical or player perspective.

note

I did look for your profile in steam and couldn't find it among the 4200 other REALIST. Are you on steam?

Edited by gumbyc
additional thought

2 hours ago, gumbyc said:

I agree with REALIST that we should be concerned on what the norm 1X should be. We started out at 1X, then 2X became 1X, where do we stop. There has to be a balance where we get enough per wack to satisfy us vs making the game too easy. I don't know how we find the answer to that. Hardcore long time players don't want the game to be easy because that leads to boredom. As one of those players that have a lot of time in the game I can say I'm not happy with the present 1X, and would be satisfied with 2X becoming the new 1X. With that you must ask then what could be done for weekends or special events? Maybe just do one thing like gold or taming boosts, kracken 1/2 as strong, power stone giveaway, something.

As I mentioned before, with the Dev's plan to have us spend more time at combat and at sea, we will need to be compensated somehow for the additional materials we will need to repair and maintain our ship and crew. For the most part, those come from time gathering resources on land.

I thought EEECEEE brought up a good point and I have a question for REALIST. Do you play ATLAS? I ask because I think it's important to know where a person is coming from to understand what they are saying. This is not a dig, it's not meant to demean you in any way and I welcome your views be them from a philosophical or player perspective.

note

I did look for your profile in steam and couldn't find it among the 4200 other REALIST. Are you on steam?

No. I am an Xbox player that is waiting for console release. Damn there are 4200 others?

anyways, after crossplay comes I will have access to steam as well for atlas at least.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, gumbyc said:

note

Lol. Sigh. Smurf accounts?

What are you actually agreeing with?

Can you quote whatever nonsense it is that you think you are agreeing with?

You are having comprehension and normal cognitive thought issues, I am guessing, as you're just blabbering about wanting to make things satisfying but not too easy. You want 2x perma? And then a event on the weekend? What about realists plans to hurt people on the weekend?

Did you even read any of realist's posts or did you just pick his name outta thin air?

Oh ok, you didn't notice that realist doesnt actually play the game. So he doesn't understand, just spams.

Do you play the game gumbyc? Not a dig, but yeah, wtf dude 🙂

Edited by eeeceee

EEECEEE....Where do I start 😉 ?

In one of REALIST past post on this thread he said this:

"The only thing is here that they already made the original 1x to 2x within the first few months. It took ark about a year and a half before that really happened.

lets say they make the new 2x the new 1x. People will still want events which would really be 4x at that point. Soon after that people will complain about not having that event(totally cool)."

I agree with that. If we make 2X the new 1X, where do we stop, and I'm sure if they have event that are 4X, some will complain. I don't agree with most of what he says, but there is nothing wrong with thought provoking conversation. He throws a hook in the water and waits for someone to bite. Granted, not the best place to do it in a forum about game play which he doesn't play, but is does create conversation. Every once in awhile he comes up with something worth talking about, but ya, he likes to talk about stuff he really know very little about. It's obvious he pushes your buttons, and I can understand why, but i don't let it bother me.

No, sorry no smurf account here. If you look at my profile in steam, you will find me with 1665 hours on Atlas, and before that I had 6652 hours on ARK. So don't come after me with a bunch of unfounded accusations trying to stir something up, and don't blame me for finding the REALIST entertaining. Sure he posts all over this forum, not knowing what he's taking about  most of the time, but that's what he does. You, me nor anyone else can do much about it. If you want to spend time countering his nonsense, that's fine with me.

And yes, I feel the present game play at 1X should be 2X. No more than that. I found the 4X, way too much, and in addition IF they need something to attract people for weekend play there are many other things the Dev's could offer.

Sorry, I don't see where he want to hurt people on the weekend. I went through the entire thread again and the only reference I could find close to that was this :

"long story short. They shouldn’t be having events on the weekends anyways. People don’t play on the weekdays so it makes way more sense to have events on the weekdays. "

I don't agree with that however it's not too far off from what the Dev's have plans for and do by not giving us 2X, like this pass weekend. I refer you to JATS statement regarding 2X. Who knows what they have planned for 2X.

By attacking me, your playing right into the REALIST playbook. Don't bite the hook.

• Haha 1

Yeah I thought it might be something like that. Can't really see that anybody is suggesting that 2x becomes permanent, however. Except you maybe.

I will write an essay for you soon.

I'm not bothered at all, or attacking, just discussing.

4 hours ago, gumbyc said:

Sorry, I don't see where he want to hurt people on the weekend. I went through the entire thread again and the only reference I could find close to that was this :

"long story short. They shouldn’t be having events on the weekends anyways. People don’t play on the weekdays so it makes way more sense to have events on the weekdays. "

You stopped just short. Go back and look at that post again. The next thing he says after the part you quoted is this, which I find disappointing:

”no, I don’t work weekends, but I would like the people that don’t work weekends to suffer a little since other people do have to work weekends. I feel bad for those guys.”

35 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

You stopped just short. Go back and look at that post again. The next thing he says after the part you quoted is this, which I find disappointing:

”no, I don’t work weekends, but I would like the people that don’t work weekends to suffer a little since other people do have to work weekends. I feel bad for those guys.”

Well you shouldn’t. I do feel bad for those guys. Especially after jat said he would be doing things like events on weekends, yet it hasn’t happened yet. The word suffere is merely a figure of speech. Please don’t try to over dramatize that. I also said a little. That wasn’t even in reference to them really either. It was more that the weekday people suffer so there really isn’t anything wrong with saying what I said.

its past time the weekday people got an event and I see anyone that doesn’t agree as being selfish.

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well you shouldn’t. I do feel bad for those guys. Especially after jat said he would be doing things like events on weekends, yet it hasn’t happened yet. The word suffere is merely a figure of speech. Please don’t try to over dramatize that. I also said a little. That wasn’t even in reference to them really either. It was more that the weekday people suffer so there really isn’t anything wrong with saying what I said.

its past time the weekday people got an event and I see anyone that doesn’t agree as being selfish.

I don’t care when they have events, I just think your choice of words was poor. If the word suffer isn’t what you meant, use a different word. A single word isn’t a figure of speech. A phrase is a figure of speech. You appear to be arguing that the word you actually used isn’t the word you meant.

Words matter.

Edited by boomervoncannon

Boomer I despise you......but in a good way.  Actually I am whats the word I am looking for.......envious of your ability to clearly relay your thoughts to words.  Ah that's it.  Thank god I didn't stop with the first sentence. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I don’t care when they have events, I just think your choice of words was poor. If the word suffer isn’t what you meant, use a different word. A single word isn’t a figure of speech. A phrase is a figure of speech. You appear to be arguing that the word you actually used isn’t the word you meant.

Words matter.

Time for them to suffer a little is a phrase which was a figure of speech because to take that literally would be borderline stupidity.

nobody is actually suffering. And don’t bother trying to over dramatize what I say. I have gotten called every name in in the book here and I see people spewing disgusting things on here. Yeah the majority. Go be self righteous with them.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Time for them to suffer a little is a phrase which was a figure of speech because to take that literally would be borderline stupidity.

nobody is actually suffering. And don’t bother trying to over dramatize what I say. I have gotten called every name in in the book here and I see people spewing disgusting things on here. Yeah the majority. Go be self righteous with them.

I wasn't being self righteous. As I said I found your choice of words disappointing, precisely because it poorly reflected what you meant. For someone who is constantly being called a troll and who claims not to be one, I would hope you would be a little more careful in your word choice to use phrases less likely to get you accused of making inflammatory statements rather than leaning into inflammatory statements. I can't see how you would miss using a phrase that states directly that others should suffer as compared to something less dramatic (you were the one who used a dramatic choice of words, not I) isn't throwing fuel on the fire of the troll accusations.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I wasn't being self righteous. As I said I found your choice of words disappointing, precisely because it poorly reflected what you meant. For someone who is constantly being called a troll and who claims not to be one, I would hope you would be a little more careful in your word choice to use phrases less likely to get you accused of making inflammatory statements rather than leaning into inflammatory statements. I can't see how you would miss using a phrase that states directly that others should suffer as compared to something less dramatic (you were the one who used a dramatic choice of words, not I) isn't throwing fuel on the fire of the troll accusations.

Ok boomer. I don’t know what to tell you. I saw that as something small. I guess I just have thicker skin. I deal with what comes to me and other can deal with me. So far this thread has been on topic and I would like to keep it that way. I didn’t pull this off topic.

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yes , your right, I should have included that but what about those players that work weekends? I sometimes cant get on line on the weekend and wish there was additional events for weekdays. Ya, I agree bad choice of words.

BUT

I'm trying to figure out what Jat meant when he said

On 9/15/2019 at 3:09 PM, Jatheish said:

We've got our heads down at the moment working on some things, so expect it to be a bit more quiet than usual for a while. 

As for 2x weekends, they aren't guaranteed to happen every weekend. In this case, we were working on a build to deploy (perhaps to the PTR again too with some pretty critical changes) but it needed more time internally, so we may end up going out with it later during the week and we'll discuss whether that includes a 2x or not.

"we'll discuss whether that includes a 2X or not."

What I gather is they are working on something with critical changes that might change the way of 2X. Just the PTR ?

13 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Words matter.

13 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Nah man, just agree with the joke character!!! derpppppppp

9 hours ago, gumbyc said:

I sometimes cant get on line on the weekend and wish there was additional events for weekdays. Ya, I agree bad choice of words.

Oh, ok, so that's the real motivation there. You're bad.

Edited by eeeceee

29 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Oh, ok, so that's the real motivation there. You're bad.

No, that isn’t his bad. He has a life just like everyone else. Is it his fault he can get screwed on some weekends? 

What about the people that can never play weekends? 

Smh. I am starting to see a trend of certain people here.

yep. It’s their bad their lives won’t let them play on the ridiculous schedule of the devs. Ok, whatever.

Lol.

*rolls eyes*

I guess you do work on the weekends.

I work on the weekends btw. 🙂

Edited by eeeceee

Look I'm all for having midweek events to balance things out. There's certainly nothing wrong with it and I'm in favor of it because I think it's the fairest approach. Having said that, as someone who worked in the service industry for years and still works most saturdays with my supposed career job (we do morning and afternoon apts on saturday but not evening. I also randomly get days off during the week when it's not busy) I can tell you that almost no one works only weekends and has no time off on the weekends at all. That's a myth. The only people I know of that only work weekends are kids still in school, and due to their lack of adult responsibilities, kids in school overall have more free time than most adults.

Atlas isn't the only MMO to run weekend bonus rate events, that's not a new thing. Which isn't to say that weekday events couldn't also be done, but I think the reason game developers tend to boost rates on the weekends is because that's when the most activity occurs and therefore the most people benefit.  What I would suggest is that instead of doing weekend only events, maybe they should consider doing week long events, say one week a month boosted rates.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Look I'm all for having midweek events to balance things out. There's certainly nothing wrong with it and I'm in favor of it because I think it's the fairest approach. Having said that, as someone who worked in the service industry for years and still works most saturdays with my supposed career job (we do morning and afternoon apts on saturday but not evening. I also randomly get days off during the week when it's not busy) I can tell you that almost no one works only weekends and has no time off on the weekends at all. That's a myth. The only people I know of that only work weekends are kids still in school, and due to their lack of adult responsibilities, kids in school overall have more free time than most adults.

Atlas isn't the only MMO to run weekend bonus rate events, that's not a new thing. Which isn't to say that weekday events couldn't also be done, but I think the reason game developers tend to boost rates on the weekends is because that's when the most activity occurs and therefore the most people benefit.  What I would suggest is that instead of doing weekend only events, maybe they should consider doing week long events, say one week a month boosted rates.

Yeah I might be able to get on hoard with that.

but no, I never said working only weekends. I said having to work weekends which is basically anyone in customer service, medical, public safety, and hospitality. There are plenty of others but hell I just stopped there. People also work holidays right? Yep. Been there done that.

nah, not week long events. Weekday event intervals