Sign in to follow this  
keat

Where is 2x?

Theres been weeks where the 2x gather has been left on and weeks where we have no 2x. It's kind of a buzz kill on weekends when its left to regular gather rates, The game is grindy as it is the least we could do while we're waiting for the mega update is not spend all day farming to go do some fun stuff. 
It's also been a while since there was a 2x breeding, That made the game super fun for a while where it wasn't that terrible to breed certain animals. 

Idk just bored and not motivated to farm when its regular rates. All I'm saying.

• Like 1

I see where you're coming from. My general rule of thumb is that if it takes boosted gather rates for me to enjoy a game, I find that's a good indicator I might want to step back and ask myself if I'm really enjoying that game or just going through the motions.

As always, ymmv.

Biggest problem is on their new roadmap it says they want us less on land and more at sea. Yet the easiest fix to do that till mega patch is leave 2x on but they insist on not doing it, then when we ask about it claim it’s a perk. 

Edited by Grrmisfit
  • Like 1

People just got Used to x2 every Weekend ( myself included ) that you farm the bare Minimum in the week And do all Farming at x2 on the Weekends. While in all Fairness the normal Rates are high enough as they are right now. Might be a bit annoying in the beginning for new Players but the ones who got their tames And such its only a matter of minutes to Build a galleon or Feed all tames.

43 minutes ago, zottel said:

People just got Used to x2 every Weekend ( myself included ) that you farm the bare Minimum in the week And do all Farming at x2 on the Weekends. While in all Fairness the normal Rates are high enough as they are right now. Might be a bit annoying in the beginning for new Players but the ones who got their tames And such its only a matter of minutes to Build a galleon or Feed all tames. 

Depends on island, tames, and no one is solo gathering enough mats for a galley in a few minutes. Even if it’s a group effort your still not doing it that fast. Btw you misspelled sloop

Edited by Grrmisfit

30 -60 Minutes about. Can set up a Timer tho to see how fast it actually is.But with Melee% Gear and the Yeti skill its super fast to farm 120k wood. 

I’d still love to see you solo farm enough mats to build the galleon sails cannons ceilings and roofs and ammo etc in an hour much less 30 mins. Tho you are talking about end game stuff not your average person 

Edited by Grrmisfit
  • Sad 1

if there is no wipe, i better have the possibility to feed my animals fast... if no x2 i am not rly motivated to play at all.

i log tomorrow, if no x2, animals will die xd

you know, if there is no content left to play, it makes it hard to even start the game.

Edited by photek

2 hours ago, zottel said:

30 -60 Minutes about. Can set up a Timer tho to see how fast it actually is.But with Melee% Gear and the Yeti skill its super fast to farm 120k wood. 

I want ur stuffz. This sounds insane to me. 

I do other things during the week and do treasure hunting for the extra 2X gold on the weekends. The Dev's are terrible at giving notice on what's going on. (example is no notice of no 2X gathering this weekend) They make tweaks along the way without telling us and give us 2X when they feel like it. Like giving a dog a bone. With their new direction being more time a sea, gathering resources for a galleon or brig without 2X's is painful, even with tames. With berries for the silo, mats for the upkeep of the ships, resources is a constant struggle. More time at sea means less time to gather on land. I will be interested to see how that plays out.

Gathering to me is no fun, it's a necessity. I enjoy sailing and building, however that requires resources.  With the low rate of gold rewards for destroying SOTD ships, and float-somes or sunken ships, not having 2X gold is almost a waste of time. With island cost of around a 1000 per day, gold is a necessity,  in addition to buying items at freeport.

Last week while sailing around I found only me or one other player in many grids, the game is really loosing it's player base. I hate that but understand why. Lack of information from the Dev's, lack of new game play challenges, and not fixing long standing game bugs don't help keep the players they have. With over 1600 hours on Atlas, I'm about ready to jump ship.

1 hour ago, Grrmisfit said:

I’d still love to see you solo farm enough mats to build the galleon sails cannons ceilings and roofs and ammo etc in an hour much less 30 mins. Tho you are talking about end game stuff not your average person 

Only talking about the Galleon,not the Cannons 😄 For just Sails Planks and Decks it goes really fast. High melee dmg % Gear and a good Pick and Axe and Yeti Skill and you get about 300-600 Wood per tree and mostly it only takes 1-2 Hits per Tree depending on the Gear you have. But that is kinda Endgame stuff so still takes a bit longer for the average player

In our island when there's x2 on  and with 300+ mythical tools you get like 55-60k wood in the 10 minutes the skill lasts. But it's not equally efective in all the islands as you need trees to very close. Without x2 and regular tools i won't get more than 20k, and then you have to wait an hour unless you have killed the hard kraken, have more int or use a dragons tongue  delight.

• Like 1

IDK, If your fortunate to get Myth tools you might as well use tames to get higher yields. I made a legendary axe and only got 86-90 wood per tree. Once in awhile I got 101, but that's the max. With 2X's on of course it would be more. The point is to build a big ship it takes time to harvest. If you LIKE to spend time harvesting.  Don't forget about the gold. We all need it and regular rates are very disappointing.

With the 40% CDR from kraken 2.0 And my Farm Gear i have like 2 minutes cooldown on the yeti skill. Just a bit extra melee And int on the gear And proper Tool And you are damn fast Farming Wood in a Decent Location. Also the 250% movementspeed while beeing engumbered helps alot 🙂

Because some person got skills and gear from completing the game basically, you're saying 2x is not needed by anybody else to play the game in order to get those skills? Can we just borrow your skills and gear? I don't really understand how that makes sense, seems the telling part of that argument is the "people just got used to", and some people don't care about 2x because they're above it somehow.

Go through the motions, or just let the devs know that the game is a bit of a grind which can have certain effects on people and their enjoyment of the game, with the aim of avoiding going through motions.

edit: I would like more breeding events, and for the breeding to be seriously looked at. Only twice I've breed animals besides crows and parrots, and it was during the breeding events. That is not because I don't find the game fun and I just had the realisation that I was just going through the motions, so I'm going to have to just make do. I'm not going to sit there and do the copy pasted from ark 8hours 'til juve elephant/rex breeding. It's just not a healthy activity for humans, should be changed, and has been promised that it would be changed. I cant believe the breeding is a copy/paste and unhealthy still actually.

Edited by eeeceee
  • Like 1

Many players enjoy breeding and spend hours doing so. 2X obviously help tremendously. Unfortunately it's not part of the Dev's big plan. In Dollie's  Aug 30 "The Mega Update and Launch" they want to cut time spent on "Tames and Creatures" by approx 80%. They don't care what we enjoy they know better. 

"Essentially, we feel like players are currently spending too much time in certain areas of the game, and not enough time in the areas we think should be the most fun, such as Sea and Combat."

I totally agree with @eeeceee

12 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Because some person got skills and gear from completing the game basically, you're saying 2x is not needed by anybody else to play the game in order to get those skills? Can we just borrow your skills and gear? I don't really understand how that makes sense, seems the telling part of that argument is the "people just got used to", and some people don't care about 2x because they're above it somehow.

Go through the motions, or just let the devs know that the game is a bit of a grind which can have certain effects on people and their enjoyment of the game, with the aim of avoiding going through motions.

edit: I would like more breeding events, and for the breeding to be seriously looked at. Only twice I've breed animals besides crows and parrots, and it was during the breeding events. That is not because I don't find the game fun and I just had the realisation that I was just going through the motions, so I'm going to have to just make do. I'm not going to sit there and do the copy pasted from ark 8hours 'til juve elephant/rex breeding. It's just not a healthy activity for humans, should be changed, and has been promised that it would be changed. I cant believe the breeding is a copy/paste and unhealthy still actually.

2X weekends help everybody, even those with super dooper extra skills. Many players look forward to the bonus and for the Dev's to treat us like MUSHROOMS, pisses off a lot of players.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, gumbyc said:

Many players enjoy breeding and spend hours doing so. 2X obviously help tremendously. Unfortunately it's not part of the Dev's big plan. In Dollie's  Aug 30 "The Mega Update and Launch" they want to cut time spent on "Tames and Creatures" by approx 80%. They don't care what we enjoy they know better. 

"Essentially, we feel like players are currently spending too much time in certain areas of the game, and not enough time in the areas we think should be the most fun, such as Sea and Combat."

I totally agree with @eeeceee

2X weekends help everybody, even those with super dooper extra skills. Many players look forward to the bonus and for the Dev's to treat us like MUSHROOMS, pisses off a lot of players.

Okay hold on. When Dollie says they want to cut time spent on tames and creatures by 80%, I think you may be misunderstanding her or taking her comments out of context. She means development time spent on tames and creatures. You may not like this because you enjoy tames and creatures, but I've been here since day one, and I'm here to tell you one of the most consistent and valid criticisms of Atlas, posted repeatedly by many different posters during that time has been some version of "Ark is about tames. We don't want more crittters. This is supposed to be a pirate game. Give us ships and other pirate stuff, we could care less about more tames. If people wanna do tames they can go play Ark."

As someone who can take or leave tames, I'm of the opinion that the overemphasis on creatures and tames to the detriment of time spent developing the on the water part of Atlas's content is a significant contributing factor to Atlas's poor performance to date. You may like tames, you may love breeding them, but this game is not supposed to be tame focused and wasn't promoted that way.

So going back to Dollie's comments, her point is that they have listened to a majority of the players expressing that they don't want the game to be tame focused. If you like taming and breeding, nothing is stopping you from continuing to pursue it. She meant they want to shift development time and focus away from tames because they realize that for Atlas that has been a mistake. Most players are not here complaining there aren't enough tames and they want more, they are here complaining there's not enough sailing based content like ships, and they want more of that. Saying "They don't care what we enjoy they know better" is substituting your own personal preferences for what the majority have expressed and unfairly paints the devs as going against overall player wishes. Focusing less on tames might not make you happy, but it IS being responsive to what a majority have said they would prefer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's nearly 1am on monday morning here so I'm not sure if I've read everything here correctly, but these replies look great. Hah!

It is part of the devs big plan. Both of what you guys are saying, that is.

About a year ago or something, somebody made a post on the ark forums about "ergonomics" or "unhealthiness" of breeding, the post was so well thought out that it got the reply from the devs that it would be taken seriously. The problem is (obviously) that you just sit there for hours hand feeding the baby, then it takes days for the little bugger to get to adult. Atlas is just copy pasted from ark so far, along with a biome requirement and temperature management, which just sucks. It needs to be a completely different type of mechanic, while also somehow maintaining that "artificially created barrier" that prevents people from having armies of max lvl animals in no time at all. There has been many suggestions that I've seen that may work, and I'll try find those forum threads.

I think the devs just meant less time spent on breeding, while also increasing our enjoyment.

Oh well, weekend is over anyway just about.

Also, I can remember that there was a reply from the team once where they said "woops, we forgot to turn 2x on, here you go" after many forum posts. 🙂

Edited by eeeceee

I don't know how you can take a picture of 2 pie charts and take them out of context. I agree with you to a point but would not call it development time. They want us to spend more time at sea and in combat. Gee, more combat means your gonna need more repair resources . This thread is about 2X rates and the only reason I brought of taming is because the 2X (when breeding is included) helps all aspects of the game.

To be clear, I don't like and do almost no breeding or taming. I enjoy sailing, treasure hunting and building. I don't know if the majority of players want less land time and more time at sea, doing things. If we are going to spent more time a sea, than the gathering rate on land must be better than it is now because you'll have to maintain your ship and crew with repair materials, food, and gold. Even finding treasure maps is done on land. I think as the change is made to spend more time a sea, it's going to be a painful period of adjustment because now you can't do that without spending a good amount of time on land gathering. One way to decease that is by removal of certain requirements for ship and crew or increasing the gathering rates. From past experience with changes, I think there will be many unforeseen adjustments necessary to compensate for the increase to time at sea.

We've got our heads down at the moment working on some things, so expect it to be a bit more quiet than usual for a while. 

As for 2x weekends, they aren't guaranteed to happen every weekend. In this case, we were working on a build to deploy (perhaps to the PTR again too with some pretty critical changes) but it needed more time internally, so we may end up going out with it later during the week and we'll discuss whether that includes a 2x or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

We've got our heads down at the moment working on some things, so expect it to be a bit more quiet than usual for a while. 

As for 2x weekends, they aren't guaranteed to happen every weekend. In this case, we were working on a build to deploy (perhaps to the PTR again too with some pretty critical changes) but it needed more time internally, so we may end up going out with it later during the week and we'll discuss whether that includes a 2x or not.

while we understand that Jat and appreciate the info, a lot of people see 2x now as a bandaid to current state of the game, especially pvp servers that need more players for the pvp content we choose that server for. 

https://imgur.com/a/2D3hHtE

Thanks JATHEISH for chiming in with the explanation. It's great to know that the conversations in forums don't get lost in Never - Never Land

9 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

If people wanna do tames they can go play Ark

I love the game, but it has been leaning that way, tames, wipe, etc.

9 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Nothing to discuss, we want the 2x events and missed them hardly.