Whitehawk

I enjoy playing atlas

58 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Hah. My island has one of those pillars.

Also yes the ship combat should be the focus and is probably the most fun part. The first time I took my friend out on my gally and we got into a fight he started screaming screams of joy haha. Just need some balancing, and new ship types (somehow) or upgrades for them.

I've been Taking a new player to his First powerstone Island And we Killed the hydra with Glidesuits And carbines And i had him shoot himself from a catapult off the ship XD you cant believe how much fun he had

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

One of the best ways to enjoy a game you love but have done everything in is to help somebody new do them for the first time.

Definitly 🙂 also we Host kraken fight twice a week And have a ship thats only made to Carry some passengers to See the Kraken fight And Dont Need to fear that their own ship beeing sunk. Just seeing the Fleet of ships going for the kill is so much fun for them. While First we were a bit afraid that they might quit earlier as they achieved the Boss fight, i Must say that 99% of the People that were passengers come back with their own ship And Most of them come with us every week, just to hear the screams of Joy Other Players do ^^

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zottel said:

Definitly 🙂 also we Host kraken fight twice a week And have a ship thats only made to Carry some passengers to See the Kraken fight And Dont Need to fear that their own ship beeing sunk. Just seeing the Fleet of ships going for the kill is so much fun for them. While First we were a bit afraid that they might quit earlier as they achieved the Boss fight, i Must say that 99% of the People that were passengers come back with their own ship And Most of them come with us every week, just to hear the screams of Joy Other Players do ^^

i prefer the screaming of the chinese as i blow into their breeding pen and nuke their stock

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2019 at 11:33 AM, DocHolliday said:

Also in regards to snap points it reduces them as well.  Sure you have the same amount on the outside of the 4x4 as you would if you used 16 pieces to build it.  You are however removing the 15 snap points in the middle since its one solid piece now instead off 16 individual pieces all with unique HP.  Reduced cost there as well.   

That's assuming that you (as a designer) are okay with players not being able to snap walls/floors/roofs somewhere in the middle of your 4x4. Perhaps they would make that choice.

They did that with the superwalls to make them feasible. You can't snap jack to those things.

• Like 1

While it seems like everyones still in standby Mode, i have  been making a few changes to my playstyle. While i Used to Feed all carnivores with meat i gathered with a razor or Wolf,i just switched And got myself a bow And a Armor And just been hunting that way,Takes longer for sure but also  way more fun^^ also did some water skiing, killing the Dragon with bow And arrows on a Horse

I love boat building so much it's now taking me longer because i'm building them to exact specs and i'm getting fussier about how they look now too. I won't sail them till they're exactly how I want them.

12 hours ago, zottel said:

While it seems like everyones still in standby Mode, i have  been making a few changes to my playstyle. While i Used to Feed all carnivores with meat i gathered with a razor or Wolf,i just switched And got myself a bow And a Armor And just been hunting that way,Takes longer for sure but also  way more fun^^ also did some water skiing, killing the Dragon with bow And arrows on a Horse

If I get bored hunting with a tame I pull out the blunderbus and stick it into the sides of animals.  Its fun one shotting everything. 

I love to place an Ostrich next to the steering wheel for a longer travel, i feel company. Also mounting it when a meermaid is bewithing me is fun. Also i was surprised when i figured out you can grap the ladder infinite to not get draged in the water from her. Its that moments that still come even after 2k hours, true discoverys!

I love riding, or more the jumping part, a Ostrich in general, discovering all the color combinations of them is also great.
Catching birds with a tiger, jumping and timing the swipe attack, that is hella fun for me.

Discovering new color (regions) for tames allways surprises me even after 2k hours played.

In general i think i like the MMO part the most (PVE). Even tho the playerbase is low, and the discord afine player base even lower, it is still the main reason to play the game for me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

I love boat building so much it's now taking me longer because i'm building them to exact specs and i'm getting fussier about how they look now too. I won't sail them till they're exactly how I want them.

*sneaks onto Whitehawk's new boat and moves the Dunsel two feet to starboard.*

Yeh I wish they would put the demolish command in the same place for everything cos I demolished my sail once while being chased by sotd and ended up dead in the water. doh, never accidentally scuttled it though.

36 minutes ago, Kummba said:

In general i think i like the MMO part the most (PVE). Even tho the playerbase is low, and the discord afine player base even lower, it is still the main reason to play the game for me.

Not to nitpick but I'm not sure what you mean by this. I've got many moons experience playing MMO's and Atlas is the least MMOesque game to call itself an MMO I've ever played.  When you say the MMO part, what do you mean exactly?

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

play conan exiles then, I go on a server that now has only 1 or 2 people playing daily.

Used to Play PVP on conan exiles but After you raid People they leave the Server. After we kinda emptied 3 Server we got bored And stopped playing,but think its not as Bad as it is in atlas because Most Server Only Host 40 People anyway

true but considering we used to have to queue to join, but tbh there are so many mmo's to chose from now and you can only commit your time to a few at any one go.  So i'm not surprised some have dwindling numbers really.

3 hours ago, zottel said:

Used to Play PVP on conan exiles but After you raid People they leave the Server. After we kinda emptied 3 Server we got bored And stopped playing,but think its not as Bad as it is in atlas because Most Server Only Host 40 People anyway

You'd be surprised that all of the small companies that started the season in my area and had contact with were never raided once despite living around 3 megas. People just wiped themselves. In my company i had 17 guys, most of them only played a few times, and by late May we were down to two. We were never attacked, despite living in one of the bussiest sectors in the entire server.

If lag helps, the game provides awesome pvp for those involved in big alliance warfare, but for the small guy is usually hard to break the farm, tame and build cycle.

My most memorable part of Atlas was the day I uninstalled it.  It was a sad day, but the good thing is their are plenty of other games out there from more competent developers. 

To be fair if i wouldnt like this game as it is,i would Most Likely Not even read the Forum anymore And just come back After a Year or so. But even After 9 month its still Entertaining And i keep finding new stuff 

I still enjoying this first class survival game ,even after i had to start again five times on dedicated servers and single player.

I also postet some criticism, but my only intention was to help somehow advance this game.

Atlas has such a deep atmospere to dive into. The graphic of the nature environment and the sea is fantastic ,especially on a high end pc and monitor.

Ships,building,sailing,sea/landfights,exploring,crafting,skilling even keep vitamin equi. is so much fun.There's always something new to discover,just yesterday i found a nice tundra isle with the largest silver spot i've seen so far. And yes it's real hard for me to convince the youtube and player community here in germany to play more atlas.I'm the last one from 17 on our 2nd private server so i gave it up and play single now.Most of them playing ARK again, but some seem to come back.

Much has already been discussed about improvements, etc. and i can only wish good luck to all those involved.

Edited by Terra Incocnita

@Terra IncocnitaYeah sadly People leaving normally skowballs And More People leave.Still have alot of thing i wanna try out so i have still more than enough stuff to do 🙂