RogueSnowMan

To Wipe Or Not To Wipe

So with the last stream many feel no new real information was given and no player questions were answered, that maybe the case or it may not but i have played since the chaos of launch and be honest it was chaos not that the game wan't ready or to many ppl were trying to log in, in any case me and the ppl i played with still had fun but when the first wipe was announced  @6 weeks out it killed it for many ppl as much as we all had issues with the way the game was at the time we kept coming back, but knowing that what you did from that point to the wipe essentially meant nothing many ppl just walked away, many with 1000+ hours or just a few hundred and for those that left i say that's your choice but to entice players to come back we got a skinned hat :classic_huh:

But now with console release and cross play the feeling of another wipe maybe be on the horizon.... 

i have mixed feeling about this many ppl have already stopped playing we are now down to an average of 2500-3500 in a given 24hr period on steam charts, now spread that across all the official, unofficial  and non-dedi server that is not many per server (on average) 

so i digress about the "wipe" console/cross play topic, if they total wipe both PvP and PvE the game will loose a lot of current established PC players but gain console players but not enough to out way the total loss and some will say so what and either start over or just walk away

but and this is just a thought and if they can do the console release without a forced wipe then only save PvE but wipe PvP now before ppl comment about how PvE is a was of time or those that choose to play PvE con't handle PvE this is not what i'm talking about

what i'm talking about is simple, PvP is kill or be killed, join a company or die, many will say if you can't hack it the leave well i'm sorry you can't chuck player into a game like this when you have already established companies that can and most likely sail their brigs or galls up to a player in a ramshackle or worst case raft what do you think will happen.... that's not to say all companies in PvP are like that but you can't say it wont happen all PvP games of any type do and will have a toxic element that is reality

but a total wipe of PvP will have all player on a relativity even playing field, yes returning PC players will have a somewhat small advantage that of experience from pre-wipe

so ok why save PvE well there are many islands small and large still up for grabs so no issue of no islands to claim also with a pre-established companies the new players will have for the most part in-game support, have alliances they can join to help and the opportunity to make trade partners and from the established companies side they will have new players to trade to and make alliances with and in turn hopefully bring the player pop up from the dark hole it is in at the moment

I know many will not like these thought but these are just thoughts

may sails be full of wind and you resource chest be full of loot  

1 hour ago, RogueSnowMan said:

So with the last stream many feel no new real information was given and no player questions were answered, that maybe the case or it may not but i have played since the chaos of launch and be honest it was chaos not that the game wan't ready or to many ppl were trying to log in, in any case me and the ppl i played with still had fun but when the first wipe was announced  @6 weeks out it killed it for many ppl as much as we all had issues with the way the game was at the time we kept coming back, but knowing that what you did from that point to the wipe essentially meant nothing many ppl just walked away, many with 1000+ hours or just a few hundred and for those that left i say that's your choice but to entice players to come back we got a skinned hat :classic_huh:

But now with console release and cross play the feeling of another wipe maybe be on the horizon.... 

i have mixed feeling about this many ppl have already stopped playing we are now down to an average of 2500-3500 in a given 24hr period on steam charts, now spread that across all the official, unofficial  and non-dedi server that is not many per server (on average) 

so i digress about the "wipe" console/cross play topic, if they total wipe both PvP and PvE the game will loose a lot of current established PC players but gain console players but not enough to out way the total loss and some will say so what and either start over or just walk away

but and this is just a thought and if they can do the console release without a forced wipe then only save PvE but wipe PvP now before ppl comment about how PvE is a was of time or those that choose to play PvE con't handle PvE this is not what i'm talking about

what i'm talking about is simple, PvP is kill or be killed, join a company or die, many will say if you can't hack it the leave well i'm sorry you can't chuck player into a game like this when you have already established companies that can and most likely sail their brigs or galls up to a player in a ramshackle or worst case raft what do you think will happen.... that's not to say all companies in PvP are like that but you can't say it wont happen all PvP games of any type do and will have a toxic element that is reality

but a total wipe of PvP will have all player on a relativity even playing field, yes returning PC players will have a somewhat small advantage that of experience from pre-wipe

so ok why save PvE well there are many islands small and large still up for grabs so no issue of no islands to claim also with a pre-established companies the new players will have for the most part in-game support, have alliances they can join to help and the opportunity to make trade partners and from the established companies side they will have new players to trade to and make alliances with and in turn hopefully bring the player pop up from the dark hole it is in at the moment

I know many will not like these thought but these are just thoughts

may sails be full of wind and you resource chest be full of loot  

Liked the post in general but the average is actually 1900 spread between official and unofficially. Technically it’s less because that average is over the last 30 days. There were only 700 people on last night.

other than that though I did like the good read and don’t have anything I disagree with.

I don't give a shit either way.  Would be nice keeping my gear and levels, but starting over with the new map and have the chance to put forth all the lessons we learned would be rewarding in its own right. 

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I don't give a shit either way.  Would be nice keeping my gear and levels, but starting over with the new map and have the chance to put forth all the lessons we learned would be rewarding in its own right. 

Hey, there you go Doc. That is the best attitude to have. That might actually show that the game does have replay ability after all. If it didn’t it would be a 💩 mmo.

thanks for that breath of fresh air

When someone says that they don't give a shit about the wipe, and realist says that its "the best attitude to have."

What is going on in here? Maybe I should read the op, huh? 🙂

23 hours ago, eeeceee said:

When someone says that they don't give a shit about the wipe, and realist says that its "the best attitude to have."

What is going on in here? Maybe I should read the op, huh? 🙂

Or you could just realize these are two peons trying to change the rest of the world.

One that does not even play the game, and may not even "wipe in RL."

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Or you could just realize these are two peons trying to change the rest of the world.

I don’t think that @DocHolliday is a peon in the slightest. We might disagree but there is no need for name calling towards the two of us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Er, yeah please enlighten me. LOL. *rolls eyes*

Edited by eeeceee

On 9/11/2019 at 11:23 PM, eeeceee said:

Er, yeah please enlighten me. LOL. *rolls eyes*

No I’m pretty sure this is one of those things where ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

No I’m pretty sure this is one of those things where ignorance is bliss.

Dang these emojis suck :classic_ninja:

Edited by Nutcutt3r