Sign in to follow this  
Forb Hidden

Follow distance lowest

Since release I noticed the problem while set tames on follow with "lowest" follow distance that they comes so close to me, that I'm stuck in there. Specially bears, Crewmates and sheeps (with a ridiculous hitbox) stuck you faster than it's good for you.

Usually this is not a problem if you can mount up. But if u don't get a saddle on the bear, the party begins. Exactly what happened to me yesterday. After trying to crouch, lie down, grab the wheel (was on a ship), jumping around and other ideas, I had to crush the top deck.

Just another bug/issue since release you have to take note and never solve.

when a tame is relatively close to you when you tell it to follow, it will walk not run. and usualy won't clip right into you.

So there is already a set distance between when it will run and walk.

I wonder if they could change it so rather than "if" it is close enough it'll walk, to "when" it is close enough it'll walk?

Yep, If I have a tame (or npc) set to lowest I move forward very slowly ensuring they keep up with me. That prevents them running into you. Not a fix, by a way to avoid getting stuck inside them. I keep them on Med or low unless trying to position something on a ship. Once I have it close to where I want I switch it to lowest.

2 tips:

Have a spyglass all the time.

Enable wandering.

The worst are ostrichs babies btw, they stop right on top of you even with low.

unknown.png

Why a spyglass?

And if I run to a spot and stop there they glich in. I'm sure it's a issue where a dev only have to change one number in the script (let them stop 5m earlier or force them to not enter your "hitbox".

But for sure they will never adress this.