Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

rear ship lanterns / Bowsprit

Gonna ask again if we could have ships rear lanterns as I really think it adds a touch of realism the ship needs. Also can you please allow us to craft the bowsprit instead of buying it as a trad figurehead which it is not. Ships just don't look right without it and at 400 gold for just one it makes it difficult for solo players to keep buying them. At least let them be craftable at the smithy once they are bought. Even a blueprint of ten would be just about acceptable, but not just 1 for 400 gold when it's not actually a figurehead anyway but an essential part of a ship. Thx

Sad part is without any ability to sell your loot in game the only thing they have allowed is purchasing..... take away that and the merchant is useless.  Rather see the devs go back to gaming school and learn how to make a game rather than a joke of one.

I agree, the ships need bowsprits and even jib sails. Please make them a buildable part

speaking of more realism...

having the stern gallery windows would make a nice addition and realism. Then we can have nicer cabins.

You can place lanterns on your own on which place you want. Problem one solved.

Figureheads are there to give your ship the last touch, character. 400 gold for one is not expensive. Go out with a ship and a bear, go treasure hunting and dive down to the wrecks while sailing and after a evening you get so much gold, that u can buy a stack of them or one of each to try out. Absolutely not a problem, also for a solo player.

I already do that with lanterns but I'd like to see lanterns designed for the purpose because the normal lanterns just don't look right, you can barely see them on the columns . Also the bowsprit is NOT a figurehead that's my point, it's part of a ships construction and should be craftable.

"realism"

IMO, the game could have fully unrealistic stuff to it,  we could be joining as a race of pirate cats and rats with an Elephant Navy chasing us around on the seas while we do our pirate do and the game could be a great pirate game.. long as we had the right game platform, props, interactions and direction to do it in.  That being said.

I would like a basic, bowspirit that we can craft as well. 🙂 maybe ONLY the basic one and if you want a fancy one, then you go out and drop the 400g?

Be sure you are adding dye to your lanterns it helps a lot with light and design, rather you want natural looking warm or cold light, or something crazy.

Edited by Liatni
  • Like 1

I do already colour the lanterns but they really are still nothing like ships lanterns at all, and placing them is a pain in the ane.

hrm, well since they do change the wood pieces when applied to ships, I can see them doing the same for lanterns, mmm

You can only place them in the center of supported pieces which is nowhere near where a ships rear lantern goes. A rear lantern is on the rearmost part of a ship at the highest point.I'm not talking about ship lighting. I also don't see why there would be any opposition to these suggestions as the lanterns would be a great addition to any ship, and if the bowsprit was craftable it wouldn't cost any gold, saving people 400 gold per ship. opposing this is like a turkey opposing a ban on christmas.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:53 PM, Whitehawk said:

You can only place them in the center of supported pieces which is nowhere near where a ships rear lantern goes. A rear lantern is on the rearmost part of a ship at the highest point.I'm not talking about ship lighting. I also don't see why there would be any opposition to these suggestions as the lanterns would be a great addition to any ship, and if the bowsprit was craftable it wouldn't cost any gold, saving people 400 gold per ship. opposing this is like a turkey opposing a ban on christmas.

I oppose banning Christmas turkey ship lanterns. I think they would be a great addition. Devs, make it happen. Chop chop.