Sign in to follow this  
Luxfere

You dont need to wipe with no one playing

3 hours ago, Kummba said:

It is an MMO, wiping yourself does nothing when the economy stays.

What economy?  There's no economy here.   So you go crazy trying to sell tames and get a lot of gold.  And then what?

Even if there was an economy, what other MMOs regularly wipe out all the existing players so new players can come in and not have to work their way up to compete with them?  Aside from a handful of "conquer the world" games, you dont' see MMOs wiping their servers every 4 months because new people started.  Imagine WoW wiping every few months.

The problem is there's only X months of content in this game right now.  If you speed through it, you're done.  Then you're bored and you think starting over might be fun, but it's not enough for YOU to start over, everyone else must start over too, even if they're not bored with it.

If you're bored, wipe your char and start over or don't.  

4 hours ago, Kummba said:

You need to understand PVE, If you buy a good tame here, it will stay with you forever, so aim high.

Forever?  Aren't you the guy that wants to wipe the servers when you get bored?  What's the point in going after any high quality stuff if it's all gone every few months?  At least try to make a consistent argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

What economy?  There's no economy here.   So you go crazy trying to sell tames and get a lot of gold.  And then what? 

Economy in terms of tame progress? Tame stats exchange, getting nice things. The hunt for it.
Gold is gained elsewhere, and as you can only buy that many things in this game atm, it is worthless anyway for non casual players.

11 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

The problem is there's only X months of content in this game right now.  If you speed through it, you're done.  Then you're bored and you think starting over might be fun, but it's not enough for YOU to start over, everyone else must start over too, even if they're not bored with it.

If you're bored, wipe your char and start over or don't.   

This game is still a sandbox game, people that dont like / play sandbox quitted allready. I did start over allready, like 3 month ago, it changes nothing (hint MMO, not single player).

14 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Forever?  Aren't you the guy that wants to wipe the servers when you get bored?  What's the point in going after any high quality stuff if it's all gone every few months?  At least try to make a consistent argument.

We play the game, that reason enough to go for the high quality stuff. You can enjoy your belonging for month, what ever you choose to own.
And you must mistake me for someone else, i am not bored. I still enjoy the sandbox.

23 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

magine WoW wiping every few months. 

But it does kinda, with each new gear level! Gold gets devalued etc. It is just not that superficial.
Rendering old stuff invalid is easy created content.

Are you bored btw? How is the mail going?

5 hours ago, Kummba said:

You need to understand PVE, If you buy a good tame here, it will stay with you forever, so aim high.

27 minutes ago, Kummba said:

You can enjoy your belonging for month, what ever you choose to own.

Aiming high? Belongings stay with you forever, for a month, what ever you choose to own, so wipe every thing now, then wipe it again tomorrow, wipe it a bit more in a week.

Ok, gotcha.

I predict more quotes by certain people agreeing with a wipe. Carry on. 🙂 

This is not a discussion or anything this is a fight some people are doing here. What has realist done to all of you?

I can live with eighter, a wipe would just fit my pereference more.

So i sit back and relax, and go back to ignore the threads with all of you snappy guys (and lady).

Peace out

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

This is not a discussion or anything this is a fight some people are doing here. What has realist done to all of you?

So i sit back and relax, and go back to ignore the threads with all of you snappy guys (and lady).

Peace out

You're not making sense.

You reply to someone asking you to try to explain further what you mean by "forever", because it seems like you don't know what you are talking about when you then say that everything is gone every few months, which is not forever.

3 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

You said things will stay with you forever, for a month, for whatever, seems you don't really know what your preference is, or how to make a consistent argument/make sense at all.

All good.

Continue on with your preference for wiping things that stay forever so you can get your candy like a crying baby as my man @boomervoncannon says. I will go flush some money down the toilet, and hope for the best 😉

Edited by eeeceee

I think it's probably just some language barrier thing.  I'm still trying to figure out how getting the best stats on tames is an "economy".   I just don't get the arguments being made.

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

Are you bored btw? How is the mail going?

I'm not bored.  The mail is still running, if there are ever any people around to send any.  I just rebuilt the post office and it looks fabulous.  Next up is the stables for carriage rides around town, and the Rumrunner Hideout Museum and Hysterical Society.

• Like 1

The game is in Beta so I am here to test and play to find bugs and make sure the game is successful, on the pve aspect as I dont have the kind of time to do pvp anymore if i worked from home again then sure id be all over it. 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, Winter Thorne said:

I think it's probably just some language barrier thing.  I'm still trying to figure out how getting the best stats on tames is an "economy".   I just don't get the arguments being made.

I'm not bored.  The mail is still running, if there are ever any people around to send any.  I just rebuilt the post office and it looks fabulous.  Next up is the stables for carriage rides around town, and the Rumrunner Hideout Museum and Hysterical Society.

I think we need pics of this when it’s done.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:28 AM, boomervoncannon said:

I think we need pics of this when it’s done.

It's not done yet.  But here's a pic of the bear nursery.  😁

7WxiHOI.png

• Like 2

It people care about the success and improvement of this game in any way you would be calling for a wipe. Yeah a few people lose out on their work. A few people will be unhappy. But a lot more will be happy for it. If they don’t wipe the servers, this game will die out on Xbox faster than it did on PC. Like it our not this game needs console to succeed, otherwise it is dead in the water. So stop being selfish and asking for the devs not to wipe. If you want the game to continue to grow, then it needs it.

I'd rather they didn't wipe but i'm not gonna be put off one way or the other. But having a wipe will not give xbox users a level chance against people who have been playing this game for 9 months regardless of all being equal level at start, the pc players will always have the advantage of game knowledge that xbox players won't have. Unless of course like me you are gonna play both. Then it will make no difference.

- Now we know the big date of the next huge update. 

- All of the active players now had so much time to decide theyr behavior if there is a wipe or not.

- I'm sure the devs know now if they need to wipe or not. 

Now my question: why they still don't tell us about? For 99,9% of all the players it doesn't matter if they wait another week or not with the announcement because they decided long ago how they will act in each case. 

As long as you don't delay the launch of 8. Oct, you will not fall in the same hole as at the first wipe. And be sure not to enable 6x all until the wipe (imo this was the poison, not the wipe himself).

50 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

- Now we know the big date of the next huge update. 

- All of the active players now had so much time to decide theyr behavior if there is a wipe or not.

- I'm sure the devs know now if they need to wipe or not. 

Now my question: why they still don't tell us about? For 99,9% of all the players it doesn't matter if they wait another week or not with the announcement because they decided long ago how they will act in each case. 

As long as you don't delay the launch of 8. Oct, you will not fall in the same hole as at the first wipe. And be sure not to enable 6x all until the wipe (imo this was the poison, not the wipe himself).

Based on prior history I’m expecting a delay, but you bring up a good point. At this point I can think of no good reason not to say one way or the other save some technical reason they are still evaluating internally. To still be in the process of evaluating such a key decision 2 weeks before your announced date would not be great imo, but based on prior behavior I wouldn’t put it past them.

The new map on the PTR will require a wipe.  They have changed Freeport zones.  

4 hours ago, 8ball said:

The new map on the PTR will require a wipe.  They have changed Freeport zones.  

What's the point of the new map?  Is there a benefit to it?

56 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

What's the point of the new map?  Is there a benefit to it?

They've changed some of the islands...alot.  Example, Williers Cay in I7 is completely different, I mean unrecognizable to what it was.  Any particular benefit?  Well, maybe the topography is much easier to read.  They've taken an island or two from some zones, added an island or two in others.  

16 minutes ago, 8ball said:

They've changed some of the islands...alot.  Example, Williers Cay in I7 is completely different, I mean unrecognizable to what it was.  Any particular benefit?  Well, maybe the topography is much easier to read.  They've taken an island or two from some zones, added an island or two in others.  

Cripes.  If they wipe everyone for that, there will be wigs on the green.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:18 AM, Kummba said:

Peace out

Whoa whoa whoa. Don’t try to put that on me. I don’t call people names. I don’t insult people. They do that to me. I never made this a fight. I put my opinion out there and people didn’t like it. I even use the 💩 emoji when I want to say 💩.

nah, go somewhere else with that 💩

• Sad 1

Kummba didn't make any sense, and he used your joke character as a reason why he wasn't making any sense.