Sign in to follow this  
Luxfere

You dont need to wipe with no one playing

34 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Why tho. He plays PvE

Well the thing is pvp needs the wipe. And the pvp crown would be pretty mad about pvp getting wiped and not pve. And they don’t want to seem like they are showing favoritism so it will need to happen with both

And the pvp crown would be pretty mad about pvp getting wiped and not pve.

Lol what? For the mega update it was PvE players that complained. This time, we are all on this forum... and we don't want to wipe.

• Like 1

The playing field cannot be leveled by a wipe anyway, Pc players who have played since the start will know the quickest way to level, the best place to start from, where all the resources are, they'll be proficient at building ships and forts, they'll also be better at combat. They will have so much experience behind them they'll be level 40 before the console players finish watching their youtube tutorials. Level playing field isn't gonna happen.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:17 AM, Luxfere said:

You dont need to wipe with no one playing, there are very few players playing the game why do you need to wipe anything.;

^ Pretty much this.

If you make the game actually work for the majority it wont matter.

If you make it so a wipe fixes things....well you've already screwed the pooch, but this time he's gonna turn around and bite ya.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/screw-the-pooch/

What does screw the pooch mean?

We recommend not being too literal with this one. To screw the pooch is to make a big or humiliating mistake. If you somehow screwed an actual pooch (dog), dear friend, then you seriously screwed the pooch somewhere along the way.

2 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

If you somehow screwed an actual pooch (dog), dear friend, then you seriously screwed the pooch somewhere along the way. 

What do furries have to do with this?

3 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

What do furries have to do with this?

Well throwing all common sense aside, absolutely nothing. 😆

14 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

The playing field cannot be leveled by a wipe anyway, Pc players who have played since the start will know the quickest way to level, the best place to start from, where all the resources are, they'll be proficient at building ships and forts, they'll also be better at combat. They will have so much experience behind them they'll be level 40 before the console players finish watching their youtube tutorials. Level playing field isn't gonna happen.

Nah man. I can actually get on board with some of with some of the arguments that whitethorne or boomer brings up, but to be honest the whole “well we already have the advantage, so just let us have more of an advantage” isn’t a good argument.

who cares if the playing field is completely even. The whole point is to try to make it as even as possible. The whole argument doesn’t matter. 

11 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

^ Pretty much this.

If you make the game actually work for the majority it wont matter.

If you make it so a wipe fixes things....well you've already screwed the pooch, but this time he's gonna turn around and bite ya.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/screw-the-pooch/

What does screw the pooch mean?

We recommend not being too literal with this one. To screw the pooch is to make a big or humiliating mistake. If you somehow screwed an actual pooch (dog), dear friend, then you seriously screwed the pooch somewhere along the way.

But they won’t. They have already said no new changes before or after the Xbox release. Time for the wipe and then after that start working on fixing it

15 minutes ago, Realist said:

Blah, blah, blah...

Edited by Nutcutt3r
Spelled ShipDit wrong....
  • Sad 1

Ok so regardless of pro wipe or anti wipe. I would hope that the one thing everyone can agree on is that they need to give an answer like tomorrow.

Dollie  herself said “very soon”. I happen to think that means November. But for the people here that thinks very soon means October, then yes we need to have an answer right? 

So regardless of who wants what. Who wants to know the answer???

As a reminder, this forum is open to everyone, so long as they follow the Articles of Agreement.   There is no other prerequisite.

While we allow spirited debate; personal attacks are not spirited debate.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

21 hours ago, Realist said:

Ok so regardless of pro wipe or anti wipe. I would hope that the one thing everyone can agree on is that they need to give an answer like tomorrow.

Dollie  herself said “very soon”. I happen to think that means November. But for the people here that thinks very soon means October, then yes we need to have an answer right? 

So regardless of who wants what. Who wants to know the answer???

Its September.

Whatever 🙂

Edited by eeeceee

54 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Its September.

Whatever 🙂

Nope. It’s mid September. If a wipe is going to happen or not you think there would be at least a 2 week if not a month in advance notice. I sure hope they don’t drop the news on people last second.

but now, if I am right and it is November, then sure you are right by saying whatever. Some people are taking dollie’s statement of “very soon” as gospel and also October and maybe even September. If that is true, then yes, a decision needs to be given very quickly.

Edited by Realist

1 hour ago, Jerryn said:

As a reminder, this forum is open to everyone, so long as they follow the Articles of Agreement.   There is no other prerequisite.

While we allow spirited debate; personal attacks are not spirited debate.  

Wow. I have changed my ways since the ark forums but I want to personally thank you for doing the same as well. I do want add you have been very professional here. I do tip my hat to you. There is no sarcasm in that even though some think there is but then again they don’t know the whole story.

i will make sure not to revert to my old self. Even if I think some of the heads of the company have not changed, you sure have and I have a lot of respect for that.

13 minutes ago, Realist said:

Wow. I have changed my ways since the ark forums but I want to personally thank you for doing the same as well. I do want add you have been very professional here. I do tip my hat to you. There is no sarcasm in that even though some think there is but then again they don’t know the whole story.

i will make sure not to revert to my old self. Even if I think some of the heads of the company have not changed, you sure have and I have a lot of respect for that.

AKA "Pull My Finger"...

Had to give someone a quick bit of info on Twitter. Figured I would do it here as well.

yes Dollie said “very soon”. I know people want to think that means October but if anyone is familiar with the company they like to build hype for awhile. Very common. Another common occurrence is that they are late on their deadlines.

this gets to be a longer response than twitter because I have more than 240 characters(usually why I am more abrasive on there).

next comes the most important and crucial aspect of the release. It is in fact not even in the control of grapeshot when the game releases. Not even in the slightest. The ultimate control of the crossplay release resides with Microsoft QA. Anyone that is familiar with ark and Xbox they will already know that almost every single time they even do a small update it is delayed by at least a week because Xbox QA kicks it back and that is just on an update, let alone an entire game that is crossplay.

so in all reality it doesn’t matter what grapeshot says. You better add extra time on that date once it finally comes. You don’t have to believe me if you don’t want to but they have announced dates within 24 hours and then came right back and said “sorry, when need to make some changes to pass QA”.

this is not negative in the slightest. It is meant to be informative for pc players that aren’t familiar with Xbox QA. Every update from now on might be delayed because unlike ark this will be crossplay so all updates will hit at the same time, which means your updates will be going through Xbox QA as well.

here is the good news though. Xbox QA has a lot higher standards than steam does so once you get the update it will work. 👍

10 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

well they just pulled the ptr down so lets hope for sept release!!!!!

Better pray to the microsoft gods. Xbox is the new religion now lol.

but who knows maybe that new guy got it ready. Let’s hope in both hands and not 💩 in either one this time.

On 9/9/2019 at 3:57 PM, Luxfere said:

You stated it as a general statement of loyalty doesnt exist in gaming i guess you have not been gaming for very long. Wow does not have 20 million subs anymore 5 mill tops these days. 240 million for a games development star citizen shows extreme loyalty etc 

Extremely unethical business practices mixed with Gullible people, perhaps!

On 9/11/2019 at 2:15 PM, Realist said:

To be honest looking at the steam charts as well as the atlas play tracker I am starting to think they are just holding out to see if the players just wipe themselves in the form of them not playing anymore.

would be kind of smart though. They could wash off the blame from themselves and say “well we weren’t going to wipe but since numbers are so low we might as well”.

that would be good game well played on their part if that is what they are doing. Then they don’t even have to really officially announce anything.

You are a firemen so you might not understand, but creative people dont like to idle and watch their creation go to shit.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:20 PM, eeeceee said:

I am PVE atm, as PVP became silly for me. FYI.

You don't need to buy other people's breeds if you tame.

You quoted someone who gave explanation as to why saying that going from 0-100 is easy is a silly thing to say. You haven't convinced anybody here that its not a silly thing to say, but we are all impressed by your knowledge and dedication to grind two chars to lvl 100 😛

I know what mutations are, I was asking why don't you sell them?

I know what tames are too, and the effect on game play with being able to sell them. It seems that you are saying that your tames are the best and if everybody gets them, you would ruin the game?

Do you not trade them now? Many PVE people like to trade because they can get the best tames that way.

Why would you breed these animals in the first place, if you're wanting to get them wiped? To give other people the same chance to breed animals and then get them wiped because some other people are new to the game?

See you fail to understand that i play the game (pure PVE). I still tame animals, even tho there will only be an upgrade in like every 300th level 28+ wild animal. I still tame!
We breed for the moment of a good combine, may it be stats or color. The trading is there to let others profit from our work too, and mostly to keep in touch with the comunity, it is an MMO that we want to play.

We as one of most (discord) active breeding/trading (tames) company dont breed for selling but for ourself. We breed for colors and stats.
We kicked our high mutation lines for (nearly as good) unmutated lines. There is no progress in the high mutated line after a certain point. You breed dirty in the beginning to get started faster, then you reach a ceiling. Other dirty breeder all quit the game at that point. We changed to restart the unmuatated lines, we keep mutataions and breed them in later.
I started with Bears like 7 weeks ago, from 90 unmutated, this is what i have now, and we have stats for a level 120 bear.
unknown.png

We dont have the best tames, we dont say that (did once to counter another silly claim). We sell alot breedable tho, even best stats, we like to buy stats (upgrades), so we also share them back.
For leveling:
You need ~3m xp for level 100.
Celio (RIP) did like 10m in the 4x weekend, i can do 3m on a 2x weekend, that is solo and without songs. It need map farming (15 hours?) and maybe buying in advance, it also might require to despawn gold on the way. Getting the DP for level 100 requires more work in my eyes (for a new char, the old ones got DP for 100 with ease).

You are right, you dont need to buy when you tame for yourself. But some people are not able to tame an elephant, or tame a 120% melee, they are better of buying a good one.
For bears, a tamee, unimprinted bear will not be able to kill a high level map. So you need a good breed or a self imprinted one. Or a groupe of players. I saw groupes of player ripping on higher maps for hours, including ripping their tames.

You need to understand PVE, If you buy a good tame here, it will stay with you forever, so aim high.

ALL HAIL to a WIPE, progression is love, give a fresh start.

if you are interessted, here is a link to our discord:

On 9/11/2019 at 6:03 PM, Winter Thorne said:

If you're on pve, what do you care if there's a wipe?  If you just want to start over, wipe yourselves and restart.  You know, you can do that any time you want.

How does what someone else is doing 8 grids away from you have any impact on you whatsoever?  This makes no sense.

It is an MMO, wiping yourself does nothing when the economy stays.
I go 8 grids for a stat upgrade, let it be food, i sail.

I mean if all you play for is to win the race of having the best tamagotchi i understand you wanting to reroll. But in pvp, wiping means i have to do a lot of crap again before i'm in position to pvp properly. Those Bears on this side of the game are just fancy fiber gatherers, it wont give any advantage to those who have them.