Sign in to follow this  
Luxfere

You dont need to wipe with no one playing

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

For PVE if there is no wipe, we will just sell level 80+ (unmutated) breedable tames to everyone, making them quit faster that way.
With no wipe many new player will shortcut alot in this MMO. There is no progression if you go 0 to 100 in one week time.

Why not mutated?

I'm sorry but I don't see why you selling tames will make people quit because they can shortcut an mmo that is starting it's roadmap after the event that some people falsely think requires a wipe.

I breed my own tames, and stopped breeding them, because of the above sentence. The OP and first 5 replies in this thread is all that is needed here really.

For PVE if there is a wipe, why do you think that because people are not able to buy your tames, it will make them play slower that way?

There is no progression if you go 100 to 0 in whatever amount of time.

6 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

No he doesn't. You can't go from 0 to 100 in one week. Once you hit about level 70 it slows WAY down. I'm pretty sure only a few people in our company are level 100 even now and we have (had) a large company. I wasn't logging in every day but I've done every powerstone, killed both versions of Kraken, killed yeti, got all the essences, and finished all quests except Ghost ship and I'm still only lower 90's level after MONTH's. So no, you are all are completely incorrect on the ability to shortcut in this game. 

Also, with your all's reasoning, every time the game goes on sale, they should wipe right? Because you know, new players and stuff? It's ignorant thinking. The game will be unsustainable if levels determine PvP success and that is the true issue. They need to balance ALL combat and make it skill related, not level related. 

If they wipe characters, I'm out. I'm not grinding out all those Achievements a 3rd time. I'll rebuild bases, breed new tames, build new ships, but I'm not going back to all the god damned islands I've already discovered to get Master Cartographer again. Fuck that. 

you're quoting someone who doesn't play the game, please remember this

• Like 1

A good bear definitly will Speed up alot of Things And progression. But even if they would wipe, getting to Level 80 bears will to Pretty quick And as we cant use Most of the Basic Marketing strats the Economy will stop at One Point for tames.

16 hours ago, Sydhart said:

No he doesn't. You can't go from 0 to 100 in one week. Once you hit about level 70 it slows WAY down.

I am PVE you are arguing PVP, nowere did i meantioned Character level.
It was about Tames, which are a big part of PVE, you dont need to tame any if you get the (almost) best possible breedable.
And Guy i have 2 chars >level 100, XP is no problem, DP is IN PVE. Actually it seems knowlage and dedication is the real problem with leveling.

16 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Why not mutated? 

First you combine as high as it gets unmutated then you start adding mutations (pref in a line per stat). That way you end up way higher, know your tames way better.

16 hours ago, eeeceee said:

For PVE if there is a wipe, why do you think that because people are not able to buy your tames, it will make them play slower that way? 

As zottle mentioned, tames speed up farm, transport, (land) travel and gold generation (XP) atm.
If you dont need to tame them because u can buy the best possible, one big reason to play PVE is gone. What is left is the achivements, but what for?
Also many PVE people like to trade, there will be very limited sell opertunities for new player.
Taming and combining stats takes time. So yes everyone will play slower without a wipe!

21 hours ago, Kummba said:

For PVE if there is no wipe, we will just sell level 80+ (unmutated) breedable tames to everyone, making them quit faster that way.
With no wipe many new player will shortcut alot in this MMO. There is no progression if you go 0 to 100 in one week time.

Have Not played for over 10 Days now, If a wipe will come sometime soon i might start again with some Friends.

Otherwise we will find a another Game.

PVE makes no sense without a Wipe.

Edited by Luck0r
  • Like 1

To be honest looking at the steam charts as well as the atlas play tracker I am starting to think they are just holding out to see if the players just wipe themselves in the form of them not playing anymore.

would be kind of smart though. They could wash off the blame from themselves and say “well we weren’t going to wipe but since numbers are so low we might as well”.

that would be good game well played on their part if that is what they are doing. Then they don’t even have to really officially announce anything.

6 hours ago, Kummba said:

I am PVE you are arguing PVP

I am PVE atm, as PVP became silly for me. FYI.

It was about Tames, which are a big part of PVE, you dont need to tame any if you get the (almost) best possible breedable.
And Guy i have 2 chars >level 100, XP is no problem, DP is IN PVE. Actually it seems knowlage and dedication is the real problem with leveling.

You don't need to buy other people's breeds if you tame.

You quoted someone who gave explanation as to why saying that going from 0-100 is easy is a silly thing to say. You haven't convinced anybody here that its not a silly thing to say, but we are all impressed by your knowledge and dedication to grind two chars to lvl 100 😛

First you combine as high as it gets unmutated then you start adding mutations (pref in a line per stat). That way you end up way higher, know your tames way better.

I know what mutations are, I was asking why don't you sell them?

As zottle mentioned, tames speed up farm, transport, (land) travel and gold generation (XP) atm.
If you dont need to tame them because u can buy the best possible, one big reason to play PVE is gone. What is left is the achivements, but what for?

I know what tames are too, and the effect on game play with being able to sell them. It seems that you are saying that your tames are the best and if everybody gets them, you would ruin the game?

Also many PVE people like to trade, there will be very limited sell opertunities for new player.

Do you not trade them now? Many PVE people like to trade because they can get the best tames that way.

Why would you breed these animals in the first place, if you're wanting to get them wiped? To give other people the same chance to breed animals and then get them wiped because some other people are new to the game?

Edited by eeeceee

On 9/10/2019 at 4:53 AM, Kummba said:

So what that doesnt change anything on how a new player can or cant level up. I was level 8 in a matter of an hour, if you have played ark you understand this game its not hard to level up.

23 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

So what that doesnt change anything on how a new player can or cant level up. I was level 8 in a matter of an hour, if you have played ark you understand this game its not hard to level up.

The last wipe, not even 2 hours after launch we received the visit of what become our neighbours with a schooner and a bear to do maps on our island, all of them late level 20's. The first 50-60 levels are easy if you know the game well. The problem comes after those, specially after level 70-80 when you need to grind a lot, not only xp but visiting places too, because you already have done already most of the quest that give dp.

3 hours ago, Realist said:

To be honest looking at the steam charts as well as the atlas play tracker I am starting to think they are just holding out to see if the players just wipe themselves in the form of them not playing anymore.

- Denial
- Anger
- Bargaining
- Depression
- Acceptance (<-- You Are Here) 😉

On 9/9/2019 at 5:23 PM, Realist said:

Yeah what you described would kill the game for a lot of Xbox players lol. We don’t want to just be handed everything. We want to experience the game the way it was meant to be. If we wanted lvl 100 instantly we would play single player.

you know how boring the game will get and how fast it will get boring that way? 😂

It doesnt take long to cap:

For levling it's  all maps (or farming Armies on a power stone) Able map maker + spy glass, traveling to all of your taming spots, getting the power-stones, whales, etc.

A week to two weeks until you can cap, and that's solo on official.

7 hours ago, Luck0r said:

Have Not played for over 10 Days now, If a wipe will come sometime soon i might start again with some Friends.

Otherwise we will find a another Game.

PVE makes no sense without a Wipe.

If you're on pve, what do you care if there's a wipe?  If you just want to start over, wipe yourselves and restart.  You know, you can do that any time you want.

How does what someone else is doing 8 grids away from you have any impact on you whatsoever?  This makes no sense.

15 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

How does what someone else is doing 8 grids away from you have any impact on you whatsoever?  This makes no sense. 

1502250868290.jpg

For those wanting a wipe remember, this is still EA. There will be at least one more wipe at launch.  So, what's the big deal about having to wipe with the update?  

Balance the PvP action, no real need to wipe.  There is zero need to wipe PVE.

The problem now is people are leaving because of the rumours of a wipe when it goes multi platform, there are already reasons people have left, we don't need this aswell. And I know some people welcome a wipe but lets be fair a lot of players like that have completed everything and now sail around bored. Boredom should never be a reason to wipe a game. The devs need to address this issue once and for all come what may, tell everyone exactly what will and won't happen. Put the speculation to rest.

I think the devs have already said that if there's a hard technical reason for a wipe, there will be one, and they're hoping not to have to do that. What about all these other reasons for a wipe that people keep putting up on the forums?

This means: 

They're not gonna wipe because you're bored.

They're not gonna wipe because you want a fresh start on a blank server.

They're not gonna wipe because you're a sparkly and special player and eveything should be perfect and new just for you when you start playing.

There are people who don't know this, and some of them come here and read your crap and decide they don't feel like playing the game.  

Crying for a wipe and also complaining about low server population means that you're illogical to the point where nobody should take anything you say seriously at all.  (Not that anyone had been, but you never know)

• Like 2

Well For one I've never asked for a wipe at all, in fact i'd prefer it if there wasn't one so I have no idea what you are talking about. And i've never complained about low server population either, it would be a bit hypocritical as I play single player as well as pve. btw if you are ever unsure about a forum users previous posts you can click on their profile and see them there, please do.

Edited by Whitehawk

9 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well For one I've never asked for a wipe at all, in fact i'd prefer it if there wasn't one so I have no idea what you are talking about. And i've never complained about low server population either, it would be a bit hypocritical as I play single player as well as pve. btw if you are ever unsure about a forum users previous posts you can click on their profile and see them there, please do.

Look to see if you're being quoted.  That means someone is replying directly to you.  I wasn't in my previous comment but I am now.

Then make it clear please not everyone would know that especially when you quoted from my previous post about wiping through boredom. And you also haven't noted who you actually meant. So apologies if I misinterpreted your post.

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

Then make it clear please not everyone would know that especially when you quoted from my previous post about wiping through boredom. And you also haven't noted who you actually meant. So apologies if I misinterpreted your post.

Lots of people are saying they want wipes (without exactly saying "I'm bored", but you can tell that's what they mean), and you'll find a lot of posts around here claiming that scores of players will come back if there's a wipe (again boredom).   It's a silly idea, because the last time they wiped nearly everyone quit.

I didn't quote you about the boredom wipes, I was just addressing that idea and others in general.  You're not the first person to talk about them. If someone quotes you directly, it looks like this comment does, with a quoted box in it.  That's how this forums works.   In the end, I was basically agreeing with your original comment, for whatever that's worth, and the followup has been to clarify.  If not everyone knows about quotes, they should.

9 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Lots of people are saying they want wipes (without exactly saying "I'm bored", but you can tell that's what they mean), and you'll find a lot of posts around here claiming that scores of players will come back if there's a wipe (again boredom).   It's a silly idea, because the last time they wiped nearly everyone quit. 

I love how Thorne's argument sounds just like the one I had with her some months back. Even down to the "how does some eight grids away affect you."

But Winter Thorne is right:

We don't need a wipe unless it's necessary to implement a new map or because of crossplay. The Devs aren't going to wipe unless we need to. The map is dead as it is, so there is no practical reason to do it.

Personally I'd be devastated. I just finished my base for the third time since I started playing WoW Classic (keep forgetting to log in, whoops.) I'd miss my bears and artistic ships!

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

They already know if they wipe it will bump the steam charts up not down.   Those opposing a wipe and threatening to quit are outweighed by those looking for a fresh start.    Be it unofficial or official or that other survival game, wipes always bump the numbers up.

• Like 1

I don't think a wipe is necessary, other games that have gone cross platform haven't all done it. Personally I think it's good to join an mmo that's already alive with players. Although I can see the reservations in pvp, at the end of the day even if there was a wipe, the more experienced players will still be way ahead of new players simply by their knowledge and understanding of the game. I lost all my stuff to a glitch anyway so a wipe wouldn't directly affect me, and I'll be starting again on xbox too, i''ll be able to join my own pc company. But I still hope they don't wipe the game. 

Edited by Whitehawk

22 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

Those opposing a wipe and threatening to quit are outweighed by those looking for a fresh start.    Be it unofficial or official or that other survival game, wipes always bump the numbers up.

YOU DON'T NEED A 'FRESH' START IF THE MAP IS EMPTY.

37 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

YOU DON'T NEED A 'FRESH' START IF THE MAP IS EMPTY.

Still need to get rid of the high level people.