Sign in to follow this  
Luxfere

You dont need to wipe with no one playing

You dont need to wipe with no one playing, there are very few players playing the game why do you need to wipe anything.;

You dont so leave it be , implement the changes and will see what happens if its bad then we can wipe after.  Well I am still playing and now would really suck if you wiped 

Edited by Luxfere

18 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

no one is playing because of the wipe coming soon, I feel like this is a abot and Costello routine.

that's a good one 🤣

Let's save the faux outrage for a wipe until....I don't know....maybe AFTER they say there is going to be a wipe?

Currently we were told they would rather NOT wipe. So, interpret that how you will. I wrote it in English for you. Your welcome.

24 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

Let's save the faux outrage for a wipe until....I don't know....maybe AFTER they say there is going to be a wipe?

Currently we were told they would rather NOT wipe. So, interpret that how you will. I wrote it in English for you. Your welcome.

Guess they never get rid of wipe rumors again. Just one Post about a wipe And everyone is going nuts And destroy their bases killing their tames And as soon as we get the News about crossplay And its not going to get wiped People will be like "but xy Said there is going to be a wipe" And will be pissed because they wiped themselves

I have been but first i heard of another fking wipe, dont need to wipe and yea it hurts lol

Edited by Luxfere

6 hours ago, Luxfere said:

You dont need to wipe with no one playing, there are very few players playing the game why do you need to wipe anything.;

You dont so leave it be , implement the changes and will see what happens if its bad then we can wipe after.  Well I am still playing and now would really suck if you wiped 

To be honest, the reason you gave is actually more reason for a wipe. If nobody is playing why let 10 or 20 people be level 100 at the launch? 

Not just that but if there were a lot more people still playing a wipe would be less likely because they would be worried about making a lot of people mad. When it comes down to it they need to think about all of the co sole players coming in and also the pc people that will come back after console joins.

i mean come on man. You understand that making a few people mad to make thousands and thousands of people happy is ok right?

they already understand that. I mean we are talking numbers dropping to probably less than 1k by the time console releases. The game just needs to start fresh. This is for the success of the game. If you also want success for the game you will also be ok with it. Thank you for your sacrifice 

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Who's on first?

The wipe 😉

2 hours ago, zottel said:

Guess they never get rid of wipe rumors again. Just one Post about a wipe And everyone is going nuts And destroy their bases killing their tames And as soon as we get the News about crossplay And its not going to get wiped People will be like "but xy Said there is going to be a wipe" And will be pissed because they wiped themselves

You bring up another good point. Especially now the devs will be in even more trouble for not wiping.

now they will not only have console players mad about not wiping but also pc players that are returning. Now with your new scenario they will even have existing players that wiped them selves pissed off as well. That sounds like an overwhelming amount of people that would be mad at the devs. You kind of reinforced that there will be a wipe.

i mean they would go down in history as the worst decision makers in gaming if they don’t wipe now. They would literally make 99% of the playerbase pissed off to keep 1% happy. Doesn’t make too much sense to be honest. Loyalty is nothing in gaming

1 minute ago, Luxfere said:

Lots of open land no reason to wipe ...is what i mean by it...

Land wasn’t the problem is the first place. Even in all of my arguments I have never used needing clear open land. It is your levels that are the problem.

Im 63 my level isnt an issue...and its a pve server which doesnt mean anything. No loyalty in gaming your wrong there look at star citizen or world of warcraft 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luxfere said:

Im 63 my level isnt an issue...and its a pve server which doesnt mean anything. No loyalty in gaming your wrong there look at star citizen or world of warcraft 

If I am level 1 your level is a problem. Yeah 20 million people on wow and then loyalty matters. 1k people being loyal doesn’t matter 

You stated it as a general statement of loyalty doesnt exist in gaming i guess you have not been gaming for very long. Wow does not have 20 million subs anymore 5 mill tops these days. 240 million for a games development star citizen shows extreme loyalty etc 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

You stated it as a general statement of loyalty doesnt exist in gaming i guess you have not been gaming for very long. Wow does not have 20 million subs anymore 5 mill tops these days. 240 million for a games development star citizen shows extreme loyalty etc 

My mistake. I didn’t mean to say loyalty wasn’t present. I meant to say loyalty means nothing when it comes to money 👍

If there will be a wipe i call my First Born Realist 🙂 if not Realist Need to Name his First ship " Zottel Bartacus" 

54 minutes ago, Realist said:

Thank you for your sacrifice 

Stop feeding the troll, guys

Oh poor Realist...

If they dont wipe... the new XBobs will be lvl 51 in 1-2 days, being invited to join the left over guys just by doing maps with them... while Realist is still lvl 8 in Freeport...

If the XBobs find a good company they will have easy Kraken by week one plus most of the special skills and can get to lvl 90-100... while Realist is still handfarming for his second schooner... the first one got sunk obviously because he is a lawless...

If everything goes according to plan, by week 4-5 the lvl 90+ XBobs will join in wiping Realist on sight with the broken PVP... while he is lvl ~30ish rebuilding his countlessly wiped base again, not having time for maps, to even pay for his useless “autoturrets“, for which he cant afford and maintaibn the NPCs anyway...

Somewhere around that time he will get back here and tell us about the good of another wipe needed now...

If there is a wipe and the PCBobs need to start fresh, well add another week to the timeline...

44 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

Oh poor Realist...

If they dont wipe... the new XBobs will be lvl 51 in 1-2 days, being invited to join the left over guys just by doing maps with them... while Realist is still lvl 8 in Freeport...

If the XBobs find a good company they will have easy Kraken by week one plus most of the special skills and can get to lvl 90-100... while Realist is still handfarming for his second schooner... the first one got sunk obviously because he is a lawless...

If everything goes according to plan, by week 4-5 the lvl 90+ XBobs will join in wiping Realist on sight with the broken PVP... while he is lvl ~30ish rebuilding his countlessly wiped base again, not having time for maps, to even pay for his useless “autoturrets“, for which he cant afford and maintaibn the NPCs anyway...

Somewhere around that time he will get back here and tell us about the good of another wipe needed now...

If there is a wipe and the PCBobs need to start fresh, well add another week to the timeline...

Yeah what you described would kill the game for a lot of Xbox players lol. We don’t want to just be handed everything. We want to experience the game the way it was meant to be. If we wanted lvl 100 instantly we would play single player.

you know how boring the game will get and how fast it will get boring that way? 😂

nah, not a good reason as well.

a week sounds good to me 👍

7 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah what you described would kill the game for a lot of Xbox players lol. We don’t want to just be handed everything. We want to experience the game the way it was meant to be. If we wanted lvl 100 instantly we would play single player.

you know how boring the game will get and how fast it will get boring that way? 😂

nah, not a good reason as well.

a week sounds good to me 👍

well, we all know that you are not talking for the XBobs, but against that community and this game, so...
Also have no fear, as said, you will be specifically kept save from the un-fun that is joining the community and you can solo your way through the game content on your own as slow as you like... one personal wipe after the other... you can count on us PCBobs that we accommodate everyone to their liking...

and that is specifically the problem with your 'I want wipe' idea that XBobs want to start the same way as the PCBobs had to... wipe or no wipe, you will be too slow anyway not understanding the game - as you show in every one of your posts here - against the PCBobs, so that by the moment you encounter them it will be like there was no wipe... so there will be no gain for you anyway... the most likely thing is, that after a wipe the PCBobs will be more aggressive until the get established... so your progression will be reset everytime they encounter you... but you already said you like to restart your game... so you get it good and hard... unfortuantly you will not get a server wipe with it every time it happens... poor baby...

For PVE if there is no wipe, we will just sell level 80+ (unmutated) breedable tames to everyone, making them quit faster that way.
With no wipe many new player will shortcut alot in this MMO. There is no progression if you go 0 to 100 in one week time.

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

For PVE if there is no wipe, we will just sell level 80+ (unmutated) breedable tames to everyone, making them quit faster that way.
With no wipe many new player will shortcut alot in this MMO. There is no progression if you go 0 to 100 in one week time.

See, this guy makes sense. ☝️ Thanks for that

1 hour ago, Realist said:

See, this guy makes sense. ☝️ Thanks for that

No he doesn't. You can't go from 0 to 100 in one week. Once you hit about level 70 it slows WAY down. I'm pretty sure only a few people in our company are level 100 even now and we have (had) a large company. I wasn't logging in every day but I've done every powerstone, killed both versions of Kraken, killed yeti, got all the essences, and finished all quests except Ghost ship and I'm still only lower 90's level after MONTH's. So no, you are all are completely incorrect on the ability to shortcut in this game. 

Also, with your all's reasoning, every time the game goes on sale, they should wipe right? Because you know, new players and stuff? It's ignorant thinking. The game will be unsustainable if levels determine PvP success and that is the true issue. They need to balance ALL combat and make it skill related, not level related. 

If they wipe characters, I'm out. I'm not grinding out all those Achievements a 3rd time. I'll rebuild bases, breed new tames, build new ships, but I'm not going back to all the god damned islands I've already discovered to get Master Cartographer again. Fuck that. 

• Like 2