Sign in to follow this  
FatalCrazy

Goodbye ATLAS !!!

It was 2 thousand hours playedI come to say goodbye to all.

I'm against wipebut unfortunately it is a evil necessary for players return to game.

It's something that is inevitable, wipe is necessary...

To all friends, Goodbye and see you soon.

Let's wait for the game to improve to return in another moment. GoodBye!!!

Family: Nomades  Server: EU

3 hours ago, seruum said:

Where is your island and when is it up 😛

M6,N9,E3,M8,G2  and O9

100K Gold and more 200 mounts all create has breeding.

Many bears 250melee atack, Good luck to pick up 🙂

Edited by FatalCrazy
  • Thanks 1

It is hard to "let go" at times but, you got the right attitude there. 🙂 hopefully, see you in the next go!

5 hours ago, zottel said:

Have i Missed something again? As far as i know there is no wipe

Yeah I think you missed that part

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah I think you missed that part

So where was the announcement of a wipe? Last time the devs talked about, they said they don't know for now, if there will be a wipe and they try several options for a no-wipe Xbox launch.

Once again: where do you get your informations from?

52 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

So where was the announcement of a wipe? Last time the devs talked about, they said they don't know for now, if there will be a wipe and they try several options for a no-wipe Xbox launch.

I doesn't, he just makes it up and spams wipe propaganda in every topic.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

Silence is the information. The one thing they can’t do is say there will NOT be a wipe. Since they can’t say that it means they know it will need to happen. Everyone knows that if they were going to wipe they won’t announce it a head of time again because of what happened last time.

so pretty much they can’t say a wipe won’t happen and they won’t say a wipe will happen. Since they haven’t mentioned anything they are basically telling people they are wiping.

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Silence is the information. The one thing they can’t do is say there will NOT be a wipe. Since they can’t say that it means they know it will need to happen. Everyone knows that if they were going to wipe they won’t announce it a head of time again because of what happened last time.

so pretty much they can’t say a wipe won’t happen and they won’t say a wipe will happen. Since they haven’t mentioned anything they are basically telling people they are wiping.

I don't want to crush your entire world, but read again or listen again the last announcement or the "live"stream.

This is the info they gave us about wiping. If you have other wishes for the game, then it's good to write these down here ONE time and not several times in nearly every thread. 

1 minute ago, Forb Hidden said:

I don't want to crush your entire world, but read again or listen again the last announcement or the "live"stream.

This is the info they gave us about wiping. If you have other wishes for the game, then it's good to write these down here ONE time and not several times in nearly every thread. 

Well when people respond to me I have to respond back. Yes I have listened to what the devs said but I actually really listened and heard what they were saying. Words aren’t the only important thing. Tone is also important as well as body language. Word placement in a sentence can also sow information as well as specific words chosen

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Well when people respond to me I have to respond back. Yes I have listened to what the devs said but I actually really listened and heard what they were saying. Words aren’t the only important thing. Tone is also important as well as body language. Word placement in a sentence can also sow information as well as specific words chosen

True. 

But as a real realist I can say to you: stick to what's written down, take em by the words who were said and written. 

"reading between the lines" or "reading theyr body language" is not a fact and ends up in speculation, fake news and other confusings.

1 minute ago, Forb Hidden said:

True. 

But as a real realist I can say to you: stick to what's written down, take em by the words who were said and written. 

"reading between the lines" or "reading theyr body language" is not a fact and ends up in speculation, fake news and other confusings.

Well what about the fact that what they say usually doesn’t happen that way? Can we at least take their track record into consideration? I think that is fair. I would hope you would to

Just now, Realist said:

Well what about the fact that what they say usually doesn’t happen that way? Can we at least take their track record into consideration? I think that is fair. I would hope you would to

Maybe changed exactly that behavior of GS with the new lead-designer. Give em a chance to prove, that they can do it better than in the past months.

And don't think I don't agree with you. If they bring out crossplay, all the players should have the same chances. So a wipe makes for me the most sense.

3 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Maybe changed exactly that behavior of GS with the new lead-designer. Give em a chance to prove, that they can do it better than in the past months.

And don't think I don't agree with you. If they bring out crossplay, all the players should have the same chances. So a wipe makes for me the most sense.

Holy crap. We agreed on something. Cool.

and as you have seen I have stressed how important it is to give the new guy a chance, and I am hopeful for him.

the only thing is Jesse is the one that was talking and I don’t believe he has changed.

wow still kind of in awe about us being like minded on the wipe. I actually apologize for pegging you as one of the anti wipers. 

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Holy crap. We agreed on something. Cool.

and as you have seen I have stressed how important it is to give the new guy a chance, and I am hopeful for him.

the only thing is Jesse is the one that was talking and I don’t believe he has changed.

wow still kind of in awe about us being like minded on the wipe. I actually apologize for pegging you as one of the anti wipers. 

No I think a wipe will be needed when crossplay comes out.

These who wine about are people who still don't realized what it means to play a EA game. And we can be happy that there was only one wipe.

And to all the PC players: you know how to start and what is important. All the new xbobs have to figure it out. Until they know how to build up a ramshackle, you get your first island claimed.

3 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

No I think a wipe will be needed when crossplay comes out.

These who wine about are people who still don't realized what it means to play a EA game. And we can be happy that there was only one wipe.

And to all the PC players: you know how to start and what is important. All the new xbobs have to figure it out. Until they know how to build up a ramshackle, you get your first island claimed.

Will a wipe bring back PC players?

Everyone seems to think it will.

So with a wipe the Xbox players won't just be competeing with the current play base, which people keep regailing with glee at being so low,  but all the returning PC players that will grab all the islands first anyway.

Seems to me a wipe might not be in thier best intrests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Shandy said:

Seems to me a wipe might not be in thier best intrests.

It's more a question about how to wipe and how to announce it. If you announce a wipe in three days and after three weeks it finally happens. Worst of all was the x6 event till wipe.

This behavior was the salt in the soup, not the wipe himself. 

Saying they Dont Tell us they are going to wipe to keep Players is a poor Argument. If People would leave After the announcment of a wipe,they leave anyway if it happens,just a bit later. Also it doesnt make a difference if People stop as they already bought the Game.

Why imagine?

2 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

It's more a question about how to wipe and how to announce it. If you announce a wipe in three days and after three weeks it finally happens. Worst of all was the x6 event till wipe.

This behavior was the salt in the soup, not the wipe himself. 

No. It's always a question of 'why".

The how to do and how to announce is insignificant. It leads to knee jerk reactions, sure, and can possibly show that there is no "why', but it always is a question of "why".

Salt in the soup of what? Wipe of what?

Edited by eeeceee

I honestly do not see a problem with wiping game data during its development.. Unlike the typical game where you have a start and a finish.. (a natural place to wipe your gameplay and start fresh or move on to the next game) Atlas, with its sandbox flare, does not, so people could just keep playing for years with the same ol same ol  and really mess up the entire place 😛 Since I am not against a regular wipe every so often.. I have NO qualms in a wipe for an important, game development one. lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liatni said:

I honestly do not see a problem with wiping game data during its development.. Unlike the typical game where you have a start and a finish.. (a natural place to wipe your gameplay and start fresh or move on to the next game) Atlas, with its sandbox flare, does not, so people could just keep playing for years with the same ol same ol  and really mess up the entire place 😛 Since I am not against a regular wipe every so often.. I have NO qualms in a wipe for an important, game development one. lol.

Exactly. Not only is this EA but is it also a progressive game to a point. There is a max level and there is end game content, but if there is no replay ability then it isn’t a good game to begin with. In wow I grinding out the same dungeon time after time. Sounds redundant right? It happens with an mmorpg. I actually heard someone say they wouldn’t bother doing the kraken more than the first time they did it. Smh.

This happens to be an mmo that is not doing good whatsoever and is also in EA. The main thing is if the playerbase was at 50k and not 1.9k that would actually be a different story. It is sad to say the least the the reason for NOT wiping is that there are not that many people left. Ok cool, just wipe it if there isn’t that many people left.

that all boils down to 1k people not wanting a wipe because they want to keep their stuff and maybe even 100k that just want the new game they bought.

it is getting pretty ridiculous at this point. To be honest we are probably at less than 1k people that don’t want the wipe now. Wait for another month. There might only be 100 people that don’t want the wipe lol.

sure let’s risk the success of the game as well as the enjoyment of thousands of players just so the 1k can be happy and have an ultimate advantage. Yeah let’s do that 😂

The only kind of wipe that is risk free is front to back. Nobody joins an already running mmo and expects a level playing field cos it's not gonna happen. as for replay Yeh there are games you can finish in 50 hours but give you replayability so you could end up playing them for at least 300 hours in total. I've already played atlas for well over 400 hours and still haven't finished it all. And some people have played for over a thousand hours. What the hell is 50 hours replayability compared to that? I'm buying the xbox version too and personally it doesn't bother me if there is a wipe but it's definitely better imo if there isn't one. It's always good to get help from players who are higher lev  when you're getting hammered. And it means there will be companies that you can join that are already established. I've also had help from other players with resources too. There's no need to wipe the game at all.