Sign in to follow this  
rsly75

I’m done playing this stupid crap game.

This game has royally pissed me off. I had a nice huge ship it took me forever to build had a whole bunch of money NPC players and then I go off to sea the game freezes I get kicked out I go back in and then I am getting hit by a ghost ships and then my ship sinks. Stupid piece of crap game I’m tired of it. Horrible grind too.

• Haha 1

Yeah, I have this sneaking suspicion you didnt read ANY of the reviews.

Sounds like your bad.

1 hour ago, rsly75 said:

This game has royally pissed me off. I had a nice huge ship it took me forever to build had a whole bunch of money NPC players and then I go off to sea the game freezes I get kicked out I go back in and then I am getting hit by a ghost ships and then my ship sinks. Stupid piece of crap game I’m tired of it. Horrible grind too.

So when the game said very clearly before you purchased it “This game is an Early Access product and is in an unfinished state.”, what your post tells us very clearly is that you either didn’t read or ignored that key disclaimer. Sorry you lost your ship. I have lost more than one ship to game issues as well. It sounds like Early Access isn’t really your cup of tea. Perhaps you should consider checking back at release. Or not, up to you, but since you’ve paid for it, might be worth doing at that point.

That’s why I stay on land in my house huddled in the corner. I’m too afraid to sail. Sorry about your experience.

Edited by Gomez Addams
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2019 at 12:24 PM, rsly75 said:

Game is in beta welcome to a beta test, i have not had those sorts of issues, if you play on a wireless connection id highly suggest you are on a cabled one overall.

Edited by Luxfere

Yeah, I have yet to lose a ship to anything odd, only when battling stuff on purpose and failing my repairs. 😛

Doesn't matter if the game is beta or not...  The arcade crap mechanics are the problem.   How the SoD ships spawn is a complete joke to the entire Pirate genre of games.  How the storms come, how the plants give resources not related to their models, the heatwaves, the vitamins....  So much crap arcade mechanics that should have been ditched before the game went on Steam.  They flocked here to see a pile of crap, and left.

6 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Game is in beta welcome to a beta test, i have not had those sorts of issues, if you play on a wireless connection id highly suggest you are on a cabled one overall.

Same thing for the wipe. Welcome to a beta test 

44 minutes ago, Realist said:

Same thing for the wipe. Welcome to a beta test 

Wireless being console. Same thing

Console vs pc, wireless vs cable... same thing.

Edited by eeeceee

50 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Wireless being console. Same thing

Console vs pc, wireless vs cable... same thing.

Nope. You lost me again man. I was totally getting you but I have no clue what this is.

yea I have lost dozens of boats to both glitches and being off lined, it pisses you off but I keep playing, the game has so much potential I just stick with it. oddly enough I have never lost a boat in a pvp fight only to glitches and offline sinking lol. that's why I would never build anything past a common boat in this game, its just to risky.

3 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

yea I have lost dozens of boats to both glitches and being off lined, it pisses you off but I keep playing, the game has so much potential I just stick with it. oddly enough I have never lost a boat in a pvp fight only to glitches and offline sinking lol. that's why I would never build anything past a common boat in this game, its just to risky.

Yeah there while rarity system is way too stupid with atlas. Four types of wood? Nah. I’ll pass on that. I would rather have 5 regular galleons than 1 mythical galleon. Pretty sure a lot of cannons can fit on a galleon right? Why not spend you resources on awesome cannons on multiple regular boats?

makes sense to me. Anyways. This game will never he played the way the devs want it to be because they are not good at developing. Way too many bad decisions. They went the grind way which makes it ark. They didn’t go with grinding dungeons which would be wow. Pretty sad really. The fact that they don’t have an LFG is pathetic to say the least. Smh

Edited by Realist

The sotd's don't spawn near the border for a long time now. BUT if you get chased by them, you can pull em to the border. Mostly they stay in theyr grid. If someone else cross the border there, he has a bunch of bad luck.

What's missing since release is a way for the sotd's to get back in the area they spawned after chasing someone.

@Forb Hidden That is indeed one way they end up clustered at the transition borders. But it is not the only way. I, as recently as last week was sitting near a transition border stopped while I was getting ready to die and respawn. Had 2 brigs and 2 schooners spawn suddenly right around me, at the border. So they are still spawning there.

3 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

@Forb Hidden That is indeed one way they end up clustered at the transition borders. But it is not the only way. I, as recently as last week was sitting near a transition border stopped while I was getting ready to die and respawn. Had 2 brigs and 2 schooners spawn suddenly right around me, at the border. So they are still spawning there.

Schöne seich... Afang Jahr hei si mau öppis gschribe, dass das isch gänderet worde und si nümme are gränze spawne.

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2019 at 8:24 PM, rsly75 said:

took me forever to build

I farmed a brig in 30 minutes yesterday... it's not that long, I guess.

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah there while rarity system is way too stupid with atlas. Four types of wood? Nah. I’ll pass on that. I would rather have 5 regular galleons than 1 mythical galleon. Pretty sure a lot of cannons can fit on a galleon right? Why not spend you resources on awesome cannons on multiple regular boats?

🤣 

It just hit me! Even though you are wrong about features in the game most of the time, considering you haven't played yet, you are kind of well informed. What is gonna happen with those thousands of xbox players that are going to join us with no knowledge of the game. They are throwing sheep to the wolves here.

You are wrong about the galleons btw.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rasemaier said:

I farmed a brig in 30 minutes yesterday... it's not that long, I guess.

How long did it took to craft and build that thing? AND you are established.

4 minutes ago, Kummba said:

same as I thinked. Farming doesen't takes long with tames. But to build up, try new options, figure out why these and that's not working as I wanted, paint it, fill up food, resources and goods, place npcs and at least: the name. Usually it takes as long as all the steps before until you get the right name.

A brig is built in 3...5h (with farming). A galleon 5...8h for me.

2 hours ago, znasser said:

🤣 

It just hit me! Even though you are wrong about features in the game most of the time, considering you haven't played yet, you are kind of well informed. What is gonna happen with those thousands of xbox players that are going to join us with no knowledge of the game. They are throwing sheep to the wolves here.

Yeah I like to read up on games before I get them.

yeah crossplay was definitely a bad idea but we are used to being punished for their bad ideas. And I would like to hope that my fellow console people would do at least a little research. Who knows though. I think this might end up being a 💩 show of a launch unfortunately 

3 hours ago, Kummba said:

I don't paint my ships and always build the same design (PvP). All in all, about 60min - 90min

Edited by rasemaier

4 hours ago, znasser said:

🤣 

Just wait til you realise he's a joke character.🙂

I built my first brig, and did something similar to OP.

I then built my first galleon, sailed it solo to golden age, then glitched off the back of the ship. I land in the water, watching the ship sail away, took a screenshot, and then logged out. I logged out, because if there is no player around to render the ship, or sotd, then the ship and sotd are not rendered. Soo then I wait. I logged in after a few minutes, because of that feeling that another player may happen to sail past by now, and my ship could be sinking. I was still in the water, and the ship is stationary surrounded by sotds. I dove into the water a little, to try and get a shark to agro me at the last second (always carry feces on you so you can respawn quicker) and then logged out again. When i logged in, a shark had eaten me during the lag time between me pressing logout and the server logging me out and back in, I was dead so I could respawn on the ship, I then rushed to jump on the wheel to save the ship (open gunports, haha) so that I could place replacement planks. That galleon is now max level and I need a new one.

Edited by eeeceee

16 hours ago, rasemaier said:

I don't paint my ships and always build the same design (PvP). All in all, about 60min - 90min

Thanks for reply, but why say farm when building a ship takes up to 3 times the time in the first place?

I can farm >50k metal in 10 min. Guess how long it takes to move it where i want to have it!

3 hours ago, Kummba said:

Thanks for reply, but why say farm when building a ship takes up to 3 times the time in the first place?

I can farm >50k metal in 10 min. Guess how long it takes to move it where i want to have it!

build your smithy right by the farm spot...