If there is a new map layout coming with crossplay.
Reducing freeport island by grid would give them more "populated", and used more than just "buy item/store my ship".

Instead of having 4 island freeport, by grid, only put one.
So once peoples go to the freeport on the region, they will all finish in the same island, which will look more populated, and so more interaction.
Which is better than 4 copy/paste island.

Having the 4 same island only looks weird, and make them lifeless.
Hope you see it, and consider the idea (maybe to find something better, but just not keep the actual system)

• Like 1

Yeah. I agree. It's really boring with the same islands just rotated around in the same grid.

All islands should be unique - but that's just a dream. At least, no islands should be identical in the same or nearby grids. 

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea. Brings more people together, allowing for social interaction for making new friends, joining new companies or possibly making new enemies. Lol

• Like 1

I agree, one larger island in the freeports with maybe four ports at the cardinal directions, a central city/town where there could be vendors and maybe a Bank(company storage) that mats and gold can be put, and then retrieved at another freeport.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Geminia_Sierra said:

I agree, one larger island in the freeports with maybe four ports at the cardinal directions, a central city/town where there could be vendors and maybe a Bank(company storage) that mats and gold can be put, and then retrieved at another freeport.

Not a fan of teleporting materials either your own or in an auction house, especialy in a seafairing / pirate game. Having them visable at other banks / auction houses however I would support.

The single island freeport would be good, the 4 islands might be for when large in-rush of people happens to keep them out of render range of each other. So we might need to wait until after launch for that.

• Like 1

Yeah, when Atlas first launched there were too many people and too few freeports, that is why the expanded them and made more of them. If you have only been playing since after the horrid blackfriday k mart rush at the very beginning... ya would not know that, maybe. lol.  I agree as well, one or two larger islands on a freeport grid with ports on opposite sides of an island would be nice 🙂 that way, when the introduce more AI population there will be room to spread them out and make it feel like a town in the area? psst, and cough, get rid of HEAT wave in the freeport grids too 😛 I think MOST players who have ever logged into Atlas has died within the first hour from heatstroke 😕 and many don't even know what killed them since they don't know about it... heh.

Edited by Liatni
  • Like 1

they should not optomize the map for the current population.   Do you really want them to wipe the map everytime the population finally grows enough to need more freeports?   At the start it was such a disaster even with the 4x copy pasta that they had to open up lawless as 'freeports' but they did not have any spawn points set so everybody got dumped into a pile of bodies in the ocean.  The bodies was from the bob eating crocs.

It would be better if they had instancing technology since freeports are not buildable - just load in a different instance.  Problem with that is bad enough players hide in freeports on PVP - be worse when you do not even know what instance they are hiding in.

Edited by krazmuze

8 hours ago, Liatni said:

get rid of HEAT wave in the freeport grids too 😛 I think MOST players who have ever logged into Atlas has died within the first hour from heatstroke 😕 and many don't even know what killed them since they don't know about it... heh.

SOOOO true

• Like 1