Sign in to follow this  
Triss Merygold

Treasure Maps

Regular firearms should work, but not puckles, swivels, cannons and the like. That was done on purpose back in May.

Also some maps won't despawn properly if you don't kill them all and will infinitely stack spawns if you keep coming back with the map. That was done by accident, probably as a side-effect of the above nerf.

34 minutes ago, Triss Merygold said:

We tryed simple guns as flintlock, crossbow and blunderbass but damages dealt is like 0. Only archers take damages. 2 different maps in a row .

Right now it seems like only tames can Handle higher Quality Maps. Still Need to try high Quality swords And stuff tho or high Level NPC Crew 

Sounds like you bought a game that said it was a pirate game, found a map, made some pirate weapons, sailed to the map location, and then you find out your weapons do 0 damage. So, you get the advice that you need a bear or similar tamed animal. That kinda sucks, and sounds silly enough that it will hopefully be fixed. It is this way because the devs did not nerf xp gained by ships from killing aotd, when they decided that they didn't like people lvling their ships against those mobs.

I think good armour and a two handed mace can work, and high lvl npc crew.

I did maps with mace exclusive before wipe. I tried a map in an enclosed area with a mace after wipe (and changes to AotD). it was only level 25+ AotD, so only like 14 people. They hit me out of nowhere, the lag was real, i struggled hard. You need to avoid getting hit, otherwise you dead in stunlock it seems.
It would be interessting to test if the damage (mace) is enough to kill a level 100 Worrior.

well my mythical mace does 300+ dmg with a normal swing and you get 60% dmg boost with skills to AoTD and overhead swing is alot better.

Lvl 100 I don't think it's a good idea. With a bear of 80+ dmg each hit you have to hurry to kill one warrior before he's digging in.

With a breeded bear 200+ % dmg I never tryed it. 

Once we get a lvl 24 map and with one bear and 5 people we made it. But u needed two natures cry for one warrior (yes, the bear was a low one). We coordinated it well and get the chest. 

Bear selfimprint leveled to 300% MD takes like 10 seconds to kill level ~98 aotd maps.
The bear does ~102 dmg with leftclick on normal animals, for comparison.

My relatively recent experience with maces wasn't very good. The AoD seemed to be immune to the smash feat (whereas they aren't immune to the sword crit or area swing). I think that was introduced in the nerfhammer madness back in May.

The speed of the mace is so slow that without a good area damage option, I couldn't kill more than a couple before getting surrounded.