Sign in to follow this  
GlennFiddich

For Atlas to Be Better - It Has to Be Faster

In order to make Atlas better, it has to be made faster.
Sailing takes too long to get anywhere - double ship speeds.
Harvesting without 2x is not done by most players, so just make 2x harvesting permanent.
Leveling ships takes too long; learn from Eve-Online, all ship hulls are the same, it's only the modules (cannons/planks/etc.) that should take time to upgrade and accumulate.
Not enough ship hulls; there have only been 3 useful ship hulls since launch.  Make more ship types.
Security; all the above lets players make boats and gear faster, and get to fighting and raiding that is fun, the one ability that should be removed is allowing a cannon bear be able to run around and sink a harbor full of ships.  Players are just sick of that, because all the work and time they put into a galleon, can be trashed by a few cannon shots from a single cannon.  Make harbors secure all the time on owned islands at the least.  If players want to sink ships in a secure harbor - make them pay for a war declaration, so that is the only way.

The last Dev stream said they wanted to make the game more action, less monotany, the above way are the major ways to do it.  Faster travel, faster resource gathering, spend zero time leveling a ship.

Go Go Go!

Edited by GlennFiddich

8 hours ago, GlennFiddich said:

double ship speeds

make 2x harvesting permanent.

Leveling ships takes too long

- so they are faster than the cannonballs...? also why only getting wiped by your grid neighbors, when the whole server can come by within the hour...? How about not building overweight ships...? Too easy?

- Bob, the game is already permanent 2x, because in the beginning your alter egoists already complained about the long time it took to harvest a ship (by hand) so ut get sunk while anchored... so instead of balancing the PVP they made harvesting 2x flat... magic mythos events are actually 4x base harvesting... slightly slower than just spawning stuff in...

- yeah like 1-2hr in a power stone sector... oh i forgot, plus the 10-30min to sail there... the humanity...!!!

On 9/6/2019 at 12:58 AM, Sheepshooter said:

- yeah like 1-2hr in a power stone sector... oh i forgot, plus the 10-30min to sail there... the humanity...!!!

id say it took me more than 4 hours between saturday and sunday to level up to 39 the brig i used in the ship event in o7 yesterday. That's not counting the time to refit the brig to a pvp setup, nor counting the time to farm the almost 2000 cannon balls  or the several thousands of mats used.

I would also say that i have invested more than 10 hours in our latest mythic gally, it's not finished yet as it is just level 49 , and it wasn't me who did 2-3 mid 40's levels. Again not counting the time to get the thousands of mats and cannon balls used in the process.

so yeah, like 1-2hr plus travel time....

give that Scallywag admin rights, so he can 'cheat addexperience 1000000 0 0'...
also as a QoL for him 'cheat ssf galleon 1 0 0'...
he deserves it... because you Devs stealing time from him... bad Devs, bad bad bad...!!! 😤

• Confused 1

On 9/5/2019 at 3:58 PM, Sheepshooter said:

slightly slower than just spawning stuff in... 

LOL, actually harvesting is way faster than spawning in this game. Like WAY faster.