chriss2.0@hotmail.co.uk

why cant we use the fun stuff AOD? especially with this being pve

Shelling from shore and watching skellies crumble as a result is also very much part of pirate fantasy.

There is an easy exploit fix without removing the ability to do it.   

The solution is very simple, the XP should not come from the mob, it should come from the method used to attack the mob.  This is something the game clearly knows because you get XP per dmg, and it knows the dmg types on a hit.

Do that and now if you want to use easy but  fun ways to murder skellies you get less XP than if you go wading into mobs naked with your fists.  And since it is so damn easy to wack a mole with a bear using one should also get nerfed XP.

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 9:55 PM, PeglegTheAngry said:

Pikes one shot Journeyman AoD with the exception of the big guys. What are you even talking about, lol.

Shit, ever use your shovel as a weapon either?

just tested with a tribe of 3 on a clifftop map journeyman. pikes did nothing, and ended in the loss of good armour and good equipment, guns ect. the weaponry we have available to us is simply not enough to deal with this. 

for some reason even when the body with the map on despawned, the AOD was still up there guarding our corpses

On 9/21/2019 at 12:58 AM, captaincaveman1 said:

just tested with a tribe of 3 on a clifftop map journeyman. pikes did nothing, and ended in the loss of good armour and good equipment, guns ect. the weaponry we have available to us is simply not enough to deal with this. 

for some reason even when the body with the map on despawned, the AOD was still up there guarding our corpses

They despawn after 10 or 15 minutes.

2 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

They despawn after 10 or 15 minutes.

Not always. I have been able to chain spawn them with some maps, and they last for days. They just keep multiplying if you go back. The only difference seems to be that their healthbars go gray like a normal npc when they would normally despawn.

You know it's been that long I didn't even know they stopped tames from doing maps. I always use to take my bear with me when doing all the maps, I used to enjoy doing lots of them over the double gold weekend but I would not attempt them on my own, at least not the higher ones maybe a few lower ones you can get.

So this mean we have to get used to killing them with guns or bows? I just hope they increase the damage much more then because if you're playing alone it isn't easy to do them all without your tame. Hopefully they allow the tames to return to do these maps. @Jatheish @Dollie

• Sad 1