chriss2.0@hotmail.co.uk

why cant we use the fun stuff AOD? especially with this being pve

I have come back after the wipe, i and my team members were dismayed to find that we couldn't damage or kill the army of the damned. after some searching we found 

• AoD are now immune to anything except gun (non-puckle), melee damage and tame damage.

why do this? this has turned a fun battle where we would scout the terrain, use tactics and alternate weapons/firepower/traps into a simple battle of might. if you dont have an army of bears or super duper gear you are doomed to a cycle of death-reaquip-death. its very nearly a deal breaker for us, it takes fun out of the game

puckle guns are pretty much useless now, and the only time we can use the fun stuff is for boss battles? without the means of practice?

i can see now why people do naked death runs to the fountain of youth.

could someone please tell us the devs reasoning for doing this?

if someone in power reads this please consider changing it back for the pve servers

Edited by chriss2.0@hotmail.co.uk
  • Like 5

They changed it because many people drive to a golden age island with theyr ships and killing AoD to fast lvl up the ships. 

So now it's impossible to get a treasure without tames.

Some people were leveling ships by luring AotD on powerstone islands to the coast and getting thier ships crew to shoot them with crew mountable guns.

So instead of nerfing XP gained by ships from AotD they made AotD immune to lots of types of damage.:classic_wacko:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

They changed it because many people drive to a golden age island with theyr ships and killing AoD to fast lvl up the ships. 

So now it's impossible to get a treasure without tames.

This is something they need to fix for their stated goal of making this a pirate game.  Pirating means melee/ranged attacks on pirates guarding the treasure.   Archer attacks on your skeleton archer opponents, followed by the hand to hand battle is very much part of  pirate fantasy.

If tames are the only way or best way to do something, then this is not a pirate game, this should not be ARK2.0

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/3/2019 at 2:06 PM, chriss2.0@hotmail.co.uk said:

I have come back after the wipe, i and my team members were dismayed to find that we couldn't damage or kill the army of the damned. after some searching we found 

• AoD are now immune to anything except gun (non-puckle), melee damage and tame damage.

why do this? this has turned a fun battle where we would scout the terrain, use tactics and alternate weapons/firepower/traps into a simple battle of might. if you dont have an army of bears or super duper gear you are doomed to a cycle of death-reaquip-death. its very nearly a deal breaker for us, it takes fun out of the game

puckle guns are pretty much useless now, and the only time we can use the fun stuff is for boss battles? without the means of practice?

i can see now why people do naked death runs to the fountain of youth.

could someone please tell us the devs reasoning for doing this?

if someone in power reads this please consider changing it back for the pve servers

because they like getting rid of all the fun features this game once had, gliders were fun: Nerfed, guns were fun: Nerfed, puckle guns for maps was fun: Nerfed, etc etc

and thats how we ended up with a boring, tedious and monotonous game with 2k players out of the 45*4=180k total capacity

4 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

gliders were fun: Nerfed, guns were fun: Nerfed

Although I understand and agree with your comment on puckle guns, I actually don't know what you are talking about here. I have been playing since late January, but can't recall,  what did they nerf on gliders and guns? Those two things are my staples.

20 minutes ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

Although I understand and agree with your comment on puckle guns, I actually don't know what you are talking about here. I have been playing since late January, but can't recall,  what did they nerf on gliders and guns? Those two things are my staples.

Guns were buffed afaik? Maybe they were decent at some time, I'm 99.9% sure guns always sucked, and still do relatively compared to other weapons.

They nerfed gliders so that you cant fly very far, as you cannot gain altitude or speed with the dive bomb. Massive nerf to the fun one could have with gliders.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:26 PM, Jack Shandy said:

Some people were leveling ships by luring AotD on powerstone islands to the coast and getting thier ships crew to shoot them with crew mountable guns.

So instead of nerfing XP gained by ships from AotD they made AotD immune to lots of types of damage.:classic_wacko:

Oh dear. Yep I remember that, hilarious nerf/troll from the devs. Whoever made that nerf was not being a nice person.

Edited by eeeceee

This game is becoming a big joke. 

Where are the lasers?

Sigh.

On 9/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, krazmuze said:

This is something they need to fix for their stated goal of making this a pirate game.  Pirating means melee/ranged attacks on pirates guarding the treasure.   Archer attacks on your skeleton archer opponents, followed by the hand to hand battle is very much part of  pirate fantasy.

If tames are the only way or best way to do something, then this is not a pirate game, this should not be ARK2.0

Tons of people asking for the same, do not put anymore effort in this, waste of energy trust me. Try and find a game that suits you, GS completely lost it and their "promisses".

3 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

This game is becoming a big joke. 

Where are the lasers?

Sigh.

Tons of people asking for the same, do not put anymore effort in this, waste of energy trust me. Try and find a game that suits you, GS completely lost it and their "promisses".

So maybe we should vote the devs here onto the political stage. I'm sure they wouldn't have problems to fit in there with such a behavior.

15 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

gliders were changed so that you could not fly as far as you used to, and guns damage was lowered a lot like 2-3 weeks after the ea started, to the point were bow and arrows had more dps and versatility than pistols, wich is not only unrealistic but also ilogical, that forced people who liked guns into a bow meta.

5 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

I stopped playing when they crashed single player over the summer to the point it would not load for more than a month.  I still kick the ball here because I would really like to play a pirate game someday.   But the latest roadmap I predict is 18mo of work - given each megapatch in the past was about 3mo of work and the roadmap does not even start until xbox which for sure is EOY.  And that is if they do not decide to yet again pivot from their 'plans' since it now seems the megapatch of the summer for SP, WPE and Blackwood will never get fixes since they focus on MMO XBOX.

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

So maybe we should vote the devs here onto the political stage. I'm sure they wouldn't have problems to fit in there with such a behavior.

I'm convinced they know how to read. You need to look above their paygrade. That's where decisions are being made. 

i was not long forced to build a huge structure to get to a 16 treasure it was on top of a cliff. it was impossible to do it with just 3 people armed with flack, swords and guns. not only that the spawn was at the end of the cliff so even when we finally think we are done. some inevitably fall off so we have to do it all over again.

not being able to use the other weaponry types is just downright unfair and kind of game breaking for us

Maybe the devs don't want you abusing AoD with ship guns and skipping straight to level 30 by bow fighting for a map?

Maybe they want your "adventure of a lifetime" to be... an adventure?

🤔

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 1

Maybe the devs don't want you abusing AoD with ship guns and skipping straight to level 30 by bow fighting for a map?

Maybe they want your "adventure of a lifetime" to be... an adventure?

🤔

it isnt an adventure though, you sail over with a few bears. than bat the daylights out of them. in the past you could plan an attack, set up crossbows puckle guns and grenades and all that fun stuff. now all of that weaponry and equipment is usless on pve

Edited by chriss2.0@hotmail.co.uk
  • Like 1

Pikes one shot Journeyman AoD with the exception of the big guys. What are you even talking about, lol.

Shit, ever use your shovel as a weapon either?

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

when you are surrounded by 20 or more lvl 75 AOD with crossbows and maces, you just get stuck in a cycle of die-retry-die. its also very boring and frustrating.

not to mention the golden age isles or fountain of youth. AOD being immune to all but melee/guns puts you in a situation of repeated naked death runs till you can get there

i dont find them easy. and neither do my teammates. its unessesery stress. especially when starting up. we end up having to put a bed up. and also usually end up repeating the same battle over and over again because we miss one or take too long. the AOD immunity is silly, and at first we thought they were bugged or something because there is no explanation