InfernaDeus

Great game, so little players.

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Uhm, when your product is complete shit and down the drain, And you have the option to either screw it over even more, or avoid all the shit you’d be getting. I’d choose the second option. But that’s just.... logic. I know PC players wouldn’t care less. 

There's no real reason to wipe the game, other than to make xbox players happy by screwing over the most loyal players they have. The map changes are so minimal, and in an area that is so abandoned that i doubt there would be a lot of people affected by it. My company happens to own the only claimed island in the whole 8 line that is being replaced in our server, and we have nothing there, just a couple of small buildings. If that is gonna be a reason to wipe 6 months worth of grinding, i will happily unclaim it and demolish all of the structures.

Edited by znasser
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Is he a troll? 

I am starting to think so. I mean some people used to think I was or still am a troll but he seems obsessed with the word. Almost every post has the word troll it in. 

48 minutes ago, znasser said:

There's no real reason to wipe the game, other than to make realist and his buddies happy by screwing over the most loyal players they have. The map changes are so minimal, and in an area that is so abandoned that i doubt there would be a lot of people affected by it. My company happens to own the only claimed island in the whole 8 line that is being replaced in our server, and we have nothing there, just a couple of small buildings. If that is gonna be a reason to wipe 6 months worth of grinding, i will happily unclaim it and demolish all of the structures.

Dude. You act like I am the only one on here wanting the wipe. Plenty of others on this forum have said it too. I also guarantee there are a lot of other people that want it too.

dont try to single me out as the only one just because you don’t like me.

Edited by Realist

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

I am starting to think so. I mean some people used to think I was or still am a troll but he seems obsessed with the word. Almost every post has the word troll it in. 

Dude. You act like I am the only one on here wanting the wipe. Plenty of others on this forum have said it too. I also guarantee there are a lot of other people that want it too.

dont try to single me out as the only one just because you don’t like me.

You've position yourself as the voice of xbox players since i remember, and you are lobbying for a wipe, but if saying 'Realist and his buddies' offends you, i'll change it for 'xbox players'.

i honestly don't dislike you, but i often disagree with most of the things you say about the game.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, znasser said:

You've position yourself as the voice of xbox players since i remember, and you are lobbying for a wipe, but if saying 'Realist and his buddies' offends you, i'll change it for 'xbox players'.

i honestly don't dislike you, but i often disagree with most of the things you say about the game.

That is completely fine. Most people do disagree with me and that is cool. And thanks for using Xbox players. Not offended more annoyed by it because of the in accuracy. Kind of like the few on here that call me a troll. Not offended just tired of hearing it lol

Edited by Realist
  • Sad 1

The Will 100% wipe the game för the Xbox launch.

They want people to buy the game.and get their friends to buy the game. They will not get their friends to buy the game by saying "atlas is awesome I got kerbstomped by all these LVL 100 plus players".

They have the pc players money so they are going to be 100% indifferent to your perceived investment in the game. They want the Xbox players money and they want as many sold units as possible on Xbox that will be achieved by people telling their friends "come play this game with me it's awesome" as we all did on pc.

It will take Xbox users a little time to encounter all the issues with the game that pc players are aware of. If Xbox users are getting kerbstomped out of the gate by LVL 100 players they won't sell the maximum units.

Thinking there will be a wipe or arguing why there shouldn't be is pointless. A wipe makes the most economic sense for the company and that's what will ultimately determine wether or not one occurs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

The Will 100% wipe the game för the Xbox launch.

They want people to buy the game.and get their friends to buy the game. They will not get their friends to buy the game by saying "atlas is awesome I got kerbstomped by all these LVL 100 plus players".

They have the pc players money so they are going to be 100% indifferent to your perceived investment in the game. They want the Xbox players money and they want as many sold units as possible on Xbox that will be achieved by people telling their friends "come play this game with me it's awesome" as we all did on pc.

It will take Xbox users a little time to encounter all the issues with the game that pc players are aware of. If Xbox users are getting kerbstomped out of the gate by LVL 100 players they won't sell the maximum units.

Thinking there will be a wipe or arguing why there shouldn't be is pointless. A wipe makes the most economic sense for the company and that's what will ultimately determine wether or not one occurs.

Here is where this argument falls completely apart:

The assumption they will do something because it is the best economic decision. If they were going to do that, you know what would matter far far FAR more than doing a wipe or not doing a wipe at Xbox launch?

Improving it so you aren't attempting to sell Xbox players the same game that bombed hardcore with PC players. It's debatable how many Xbox players know or care strongly about whether the game is freshly wiped or not, spare me Realist's assertions pulled from where the sun don't shine, any assertion about what a group of people numbering over 100 that you don't know personally and haven't communicated with directly is tenous at best. What isn't debatable is Atlas's chances of succeeding if it's released as the exact same game on Xbox as it is on pc with no improvement beforehand.

Go on, tell me the people who are going to do that make rational and intelligent business decisions or that wiping is more important in that respect than fixing the game first. 

Be prepared to be laughed at if you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Here is where this argument falls completely apart:

The assumption they will do something because it is the best economic decision. If they were going to do that, you know what would matter far far FAR more than doing a wipe or not doing a wipe at Xbox launch?

Improving it so you aren't attempting to sell Xbox players the same game that bombed hardcore with PC players. It's debatable how many Xbox players know or care strongly about whether the game is freshly wiped or not, spare me Realist's assertions pulled from where the sun don't shine, any assertion about what a group of people numbering over 100 that you don't know personally and haven't communicated with directly is tenous at best. What isn't debatable is Atlas's chances of succeeding if it's released as the exact same game on Xbox as it is on pc with no improvement beforehand.

Go on, tell me the people who are going to do that make rational and intelligent business decisions or that wiping is more important in that respect than fixing the game first. 

Be prepared to be laughed at if you do.

I actually completely agree with you boomer. They need to improve the game before the release it on Xbox. After that the wipe will still need to happen but I have no problem with them delaying Xbox release so they can improve the game first. 

But regardless, after the game is better the wipe will need to happen.

Edited by Realist

@Realist I know you are 100% sure there will be a wipe. But get prepared for the scenario without a wipe, not that you fall in a deep hole of frustration and depressions if they don't wipe.

1 hour ago, Forb Hidden said:

@Realist I know you are 100% sure there will be a wipe. But get prepared for the scenario without a wipe, not that you fall in a deep hole of frustration and depressions if they don't wipe.

Nah, I won’t be mad. I will just consider it par for the course and probably not buy the game. I am sure others will do the same 

• Haha 1

I don't mind being laughed at boomer particularly not by you.

I quite agree with you that a rational competent development team would fix the glaring issues with the game before an Xbox launch.

However since we don't have that team I suppose time will tell which of us is correct.

I do however respect your opinion even when you suggest I borrowed mine from realist 😄

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nah, I won’t be mad. I will just consider it par for the course and probably not buy the game. I am sure others will do the same 

I thnk you are vastly overestimating

A. How many players are following Atlas closely enough to make a purchase decision based upon whether there is a wipe. Keep in mind that the Xbox market is vast beyond whatever number of people you know who are tweeting, snapchatting, instagramming, facebooking, Myspacing or telling their Uber driver about it. There will certainly be some number of players just as passionate about this issue as you are, I don't doubt that, but just as we here on the forums represent some small percentage of Atlas players even with this tiny playerbase, the number of Xbox players following Atlas closely is almost certainly some very minor portion. Quite a few folks are likely to buy Atlas based on nothing more than "Hey this is a pirate game from the guys who made Ark. I like pirates, I like Ark, lets check it out." At this point to me the most important issue is whether those folks buy a flaming dumpster fire or not, because if they do, they won't be here long.

B. How much weight you can actually assign to people declaring they will never buy or play a game if X. I have been following games and gaming forums for 15 years now and I can't count the number of times someone has publicly quit a game over something they despised only to come back at some point later down the road drawn back because the things they liked about the game ultimately outweighed the things they didn't. Some who say they won't play it will stick to their guns, but if you care enough about trying out a new game to loudly and publicly declare you won't play it if the devs don't X, chances are you are trying it out regardless, you're just trying to work the refs to get what you want, which is fine, we all do it, but experience tells me it's less indicative of actual behavior than one might think.

I think in the end loud declarations by various parties that they won't buy the game if there isn't a wipe will amount to "...sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Edited by boomervoncannon

13 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I thnk you are vastly overestimating

A. How many players are following Atlas closely enough to make a purchase decision based upon whether there is a wipe. Keep in mind that the Xbox market is vast beyond whatever number of people you know who are tweeting, snapchatting, instagramming, facebooking, Myspacing or telling their Uber driver about it. There will certainly be some number of players just as passionate about this issue as you are, I don't doubt that, but just as we here on the forums represent some small percentage of Atlas players even with this tiny playerbase, the number of Xbox players following Atlas closely is almost certainly some very minor portion. Quite a few folks are likely to buy Atlas based on nothing more than "Hey this is a pirate game from the guys who made Ark. I like pirates, I like Ark, lets check it out." At this point to me the most important issue is whether those folks buy a flaming dumpster fire or not, because if they do, they won't be here long.

B. How much weight you can actually assign to people declaring they will never buy or play a game if X. I have been following games and gaming forums for 15 years now and I can't count the number of times someone has publicly quit a game over something they despised only to come back at some point later down the road drawn back because the things they liked about the game ultimately outweighed the things they didn't. Some who say they won't play it will stick to their guns, but if you care enough about trying out a new game to loudly and publicly declare you won't play it if the devs don't X, chances are you are trying it out regardless, you're just trying to work the refs to get what you want, which is fine, we all do it, but experience tells me it's less indicative of actual behavior than one might think.

I think in the end loud declarations by various parties that they won't buy the game if there isn't a wipe will amount to "...sound and fury, signifying nothing."

A. Well we know already they aren’t going to have the game in working condition by the time Xbox releases. I mean we are 9 months in and it they only have a month or two left they are kind of screwed. We are kind of screwed as well for that matter.

B. Come on boomer. I didn’t make a flaming statement of me saying I wouldn’t buy the game because of something I hate or dislike. As far as a big public statement goes, I won’t be doing that either. I merely said “and probably wouldn’t buy the game”. That is about as casual as anyone can get. I use the word probably because wipe, or no wipe. Optimizations or no optimizations. It is really going to come down to if my buddies all decide they want to still buy the game. I already know the state of the game and who the company is.

i will inform them of what is going on and if they all still want to get it then I will have to reluctantly get it as well. So it isn’t even like I am going to protest the game or go on strike. I just want to play with my buddies, unfortunately I would like to enjoy myself while I am doing that.

and no, I am not letting myself be swayed. It’s called being a good friend and being willing to do something you may not want to because your friends want to.

25 minutes ago, Badkebab said:

I don't mind being laughed at boomer particularly not by you.

I quite agree with you that a rational competent development team would fix the glaring issues with the game before an Xbox launch.

However since we don't have that team I suppose time will tell which of us is correct.

I do however respect your opinion even when you suggest I borrowed mine from realist 😄

Sorry if I came across a bit sharp. I hope what they're doing works, I really do. I'm also on record as saying that if the devs determine a wipe is needed for technical reasons, I'm prefectly fine with that. If they do a wipe merely to meet the demands of a loud minority insisting they must get things their way or they'll walk, well that's not something I have any respect for, and I don't think it's a legitmate business need based reason, I think it's just giving a loud kid candy because he demands it to shut him up.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

A. Well we know already they aren’t going to have the game in working condition by the time Xbox releases. I mean we are 9 months in and it they only have a month or two left they are kind of screwed. We are kind of screwed as well for that matter.

B. Come on boomer. I didn’t make a flaming statement of me saying I wouldn’t buy the game because of something I hate or dislike. As far as a big public statement goes, I won’t be doing that either. I merely said “and probably wouldn’t buy the game”. That is about as casual as anyone can get. I use the word probably because wipe, or no wipe. Optimizations or no optimizations. It is really going to come down to if my buddies all decide they want to still buy the game. I already know the state of the game and who the company is.

i will inform them of what is going on and if they all still want to get it then I will have to reluctantly get it as well. So it isn’t even like I am going to protest the game or go on strike. I just want to play with my buddies, unfortunately I would like to enjoy myself while I am doing that.

and no, I am not letting myself be swayed. It’s called being a good friend and being willing to do something you may not want to because your friends want to.

Oh I get that, I've done plenty of things because friends wanted to just to do something fun. Hell playing Atlas was one of those things. My longtime gaming buddy likes pirates and sailing and didn't like Ark, but I thought she might like Atlas so I suggested it. We've been struggling in recent years to find a game we both enjoy, and for a brief period it seemed like Atlas might be that game. She is, let us say less patient with the development process and design flaws etc than I am, so she has now quit Atlas for the second time. She might come back at some point down the road, she might not, I dunno, but I certainly don't fault you for doing something just to hang with your buds.

I have cleaned up some off topic.   We don't need more convos on trolls/trolling; if you cannot refute another persons opinion, name calling is not going to make it any better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jerryn said:

I have cleaned up some off topic.   We don't need more convos on trolls/trolling; if you cannot refute another persons opinion, name calling is not going to make it any better.

Very confused?!??!?!?!

Am I in the correct forum???

This can't be the Atlas Forum???  They don't have Moderators!!!  Those are a myth and they most definitely don't do there job!

Is the world ending???

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2019 at 2:15 AM, Sulfurblade said:

Very confused?!??!?!?!

Am I in the correct forum???

This can't be the Atlas Forum???  They don't have Moderators!!!  Those are a myth and they most definitely don't do there job!

Is the world ending???