InfernaDeus

Great game, so little players.

45 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

The numbers give the correct story but are out of date....

The last time we knew the actual split of sales was in August 2017 at that time they were:

6.5M PC

1.5M Xbox

1M Playstation 4

Since that time depending on the source you find they have either sold an addition 1M copies for a total of 10M total and only one source I could find put them at 12M.

Regardless if its 1 or 3 Milllion net chance since we knew the split Unless all of the copies have been on console since then Boomer is very right PC is the Lion's Share!!!

Nope. Not at all. Let’s say you are right and pc was actually the lions share of ark(you are not), ark has been around for 4 years. If they would have only released it for pc only they would not have the money to also make atlas. Pc money could probably have sustained ark for the long term but there were all of the atlas costs from the beginning. 

There is no way pc money was able to carry ark for 4 years and still fund the early birth of atlas.

lets not forget about the 60 million dollar settlement wildcard had to deal with because of jeremy.

11 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nope. Not at all. Let’s say you are right and pc was actually the lions share of ark(you are not), ark has been around for 4 years. If they would have only released it for pc only they would not have the money to also make atlas. Pc money could probably have sustained ark for the long term but there were all of the atlas costs from the beginning. 

There is no way pc money was able to carry ark for 4 years and still fund the early birth of atlas.

lets not forget about the 60 million dollar settlement wildcard had to deal with because of jeremy.

16 minutes ago, Realist said:

Said the guy that quoted wiki. A source that no reputable college would accept.

nah, you only think I am selfish. I want it wiped because I know if it doesn’t the game will fail. You already said if it fails it fails. I don’t even have that outlook. I want it to succeed with any means necessary. No not technical.

ok, I won’t bother. Just know it’s happening

For you to criticize my quoting of Wikipedia when you are throwing out numbers with no source whatsoever....explain how that cannot be absurdly hypocritical. Universities won’t accept any wiki because they are editable and therefore cannot be regarded as definitive for the sake of academic integrity. We’re not researching the early works of Dave Barry here.

I’ve already challenged you to cite a source to back your claims. You’ve failed to do so but have the temerity to question my source when it’s widely read and the article in question is footnoted with its own citations. Your position here is becoming increasingly unbelievable .

Edited by boomervoncannon

44 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

For you to criticize my quoting of Wikipedia when you are throwing out numbers with no source whatsoever....explain how that cannot be absurdly hypocritical. Universities won’t accept any wiki because they are editable and therefore cannot be regarded as definitive for the sake of academic integrity. We’re not researching the early works of Dave Barry here.

I’ve already challenged you to cite a source to back your claims. You’ve failed to do so but have the temerity to question my source when it’s widely read and the article in question is footnoted with its own citations. Your position here is becoming increasingly unbelievable .

@Sulfurblade can you do me a favor and post the source you found on the 12 mil? I have been drinking and am a little busy. I would really appreciate it.

nope. I am just busy.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

@Sulfurblade can you do me a favor and post the source you found on the 12 mil? I have been drinking and am a little busy. I would really appreciate it.

nope. I am just busy.

Trying to find that info I happened on this instead... still can't find the "12M" I came across earlier, internets a really tangled web but this guy is making even bolder claims

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-16-how-ark-survival-evolved-fell-into-sustainable-revenue-without-skins-or-loot-boxes

He puts the figure at 16M

His source is an interview with Jesse Rapczak, Studio Wildcard 

Edited by Sulfurblade

4 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Trying to find that info I happened on this instead... still can't find the "12M" I came across earlier, internets a really tangled web but this guy is making even bolder claims

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-08-16-how-ark-survival-evolved-fell-into-sustainable-revenue-without-skins-or-loot-boxes

I came across that as well. Unfortunately it doesn’t give any breakdown of how those sales are split across platforms. What every article I did come across which contained a split figure showed is that PC sales have always been the greater portion. This notion that console platforms are the greater portion of the game’s sales is not supported by any source I could find, yet Realist wants to sit here, pull figures from where the sun doesn’t shine, then shit talk other people’s sources when he can’t be bothered to provide a single one to support his assertions. 

Yeah @Realist, I can definitely believe you’ve been drinking tonite. As an explanation it makes a helluva lot more sense than what you’ve been posting.

15 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

ROFL please pass the pipe!

Excuse me? If your referring to drug use, I do not use them. Actually, I'm in the military so have a full work week and most times longer, drugs are a definite no-go bud. 

14 hours ago, sgzeroone said:

Till the Xbox players realize the game is shit like the rest of us PC players. 

Like I have mentioned multiple times, not here to argue and say who's right and wrong. All experiences are different and I respect all valid opinions. For me I came from Console to PC a little over a year ago, for me and all my die hard ARK console friends we were ecstatic that ARK had released on console period. We read all the shitty press about it on PC, but I mean hey we had a EA PC game on console, we were stoked! Even with how horrid the bugs, crashes and glitches were, we were still enjoying that fact that this game made it's way to console.

From my own experiences I feel that console players are way more gracious then PC gamers.  They dont have nearly the options and choices we do. As PC gamers must of us have rigs that can handle any game. I mean hell think about simulators? Console has FS and maybe a few more decent ones. PC has a insane amount of beautifully large open world simulators.

I feel like what will happen to ATLAS when it hits console will be the same as when ARK did, it'll make like a plane and take the fuck off. 

44 minutes ago, Blackdog1996 said:

I feel like what will happen to ATLAS when it hits console will be the same as when ARK did, it'll make like a plane and take the fuck off. 

Ark sold a million copies in its first month. It was an established hit before it ever got to console. Atlas has fared about as badly as any game that starts with 50k plus on launch week ever has. It is possible Atlas will do well on console, but if I were a betting man I would not put money on it.

3 hours ago, Blackdog1996 said:

Excuse me? If your referring to drug use, I do not use them. Actually, I'm in the military so have a full work week and most times longer, drugs are a definite no-go bud. 

And I am retired Navy what's your point? Bud....

I would think someone in the military would understand a phrase being used as an expression, a fairly common one at that!

2 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

I would think someone in the military would understand a phrase being used as an expression, a fairly common one at that!

Well first off, (And not in a jokingly way) thank you for your service of 20. That's some serious commitment and dedication. Respect.

Well Might just be me, but I've only ever heard that phrase being used in severely negative ways. Meaning to have had to use drugs to obtain those hours but in fact I just have no life.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your phrase, I just only expect negative things from these forums.

6 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Ark sold a million copies in its first month. It was an established hit before it ever got to console. Atlas has fared about as badly as any game that starts with 50k plus on launch week ever has. It is possible Atlas will do well on console, but if I were a betting man I would not put money on it.

Yeah I was really surprised to see that steam spy had atlas at 1-2 million copies sold in the first week yet there was never over 58k people. I know there were a lot of refunds but 58k of 1-2 million doesn’t sound right. Couldn’t have been that many refunds.

but if steam spy is right then it was actually just as successful as ark as far as sales goes in the first month let alone first week.

and still can’t find the article. It seems to be a very elusive one. I found it awhile ago and then poof gone. Sounds like sulfur had the same problem. Oh well, I can’t find it so I will stop arguing about.

7 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Yeah that sucks. Thanks for trying though. That damn article is like the fountain of youth before the fix lol I have only seen it twice.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:26 AM, Sulfurblade said:

Sulfur you’re in your 50’s and retired from both the Navy and Software Industry. So jelly rite nao.

• Haha 1

There needs to be some kind of update, I noticed that there was a patch yesterday or today.

A week ago, or just after the livestream, there was a post on reddit, from a person who made a mod, which quickly changes values for flotsam and loot and gear. There was a reply to the post that said "and the devs would have you believe that it takes months to make these kind of changes." Dollie replied to this post with "we are looking into making changes just like this, and they dont take months"

A week later, I dont see any of those changes in the patch.

I really do love atlas (and ark...) and the devs, but the devs also actually seem like joke characters.

🙂

P.s. pleaseeeeeee keep this game a gear based game while also making it a skill based game at the same time!!

Edited by eeeceee

2 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

There needs to be some kind of update, I noticed that there was a patch yesterday or today.

A week ago, or just after the livestream, there was a post on reddit, from a person who made a mod, which quickly changes values for flotsam and loot and gear. There was a reply to the post that said "and the devs would have you believe that it takes months to make these kind of changes." Dollie replied to this post with "we are looking into making changes just like this, and they dont take months"

A week later, I dont see any of those changes in the patch.

I really do love atlas (and ark...) and the devs, but the devs also actually seem like joke characters.

🙂

P.s. pleaseeeeeee keep this game a gear based game while also making it a skill based game at the same time!!

Yeah but remember when they said they won’t be doing updates until the Xbox launch happens. And actually they even said even after the Xbox launch it would be awhile before any updates.

things are going to be stagnant for awhile. To be honest I don’t like the idea of crossplay. I don’t want you guys to have to be wiped.

one big news flash for pc gamers that don’t own an Xbox is Microsoft is different from steam. Updates with console are always delayed because it is hard for these guys to get updates past Xbox QA so we always get the updated later than usual. 

With steam they can just pass about anything through so you guys haven’t had to deal with the delays yet. Get ready for them to announce an update but then not get it till a week later lol

7 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Sulfur you’re in your 50’s and retired from both the Navy and Software Industry. So jelly rite nao.

I was in the Navy before the Creation of the IT rating and as the local onboard geek setup our ship board lan before the navy put in a standardized

LAN setup across all ships, So that extra duty I had followed me thru my career and I ended up wearing two hats most of the time.  After I got out I became a 

Navy contractor where I was on of the people responsible for providing IT solutions for ships in dry dock for Pacific fleet.  Basically served as Lan Admin for every ship in the Pacific fleet going thru any type of maintenance in the dry docks at San Diego.  

Also when I got out I used my GI bill to get my Software Engineer degree as I wanted to know the non Hardware side of computing as everything I had done up to that date was Hardware and Networking related, however while I did get my degree I learned that Software was NOT my cup of tea.  Not sure where you got the notion I was retired from the Software industry?  As it was an industry I never really entered with the exception of getting the degree!  I did want to make my own game I have took a few cracks at it but in the end I find code about as interesting as watching paint dry, and in the end while I have all kinds of idea's I can't really overcome the frustration code creates for me.  The best I have really done is a few mods in various games....  Which often time really doesn't involve coding per-say as much as just changing already existing code.

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

I was in the Navy before the Creation of the IT rating and as the local onboard geek setup our ship board lan before the navy put in a standardized

LAN setup across all ships, So that extra duty I had followed me thru my career and I ended up wearing two hats most of the time.  After I got out I became a 

Navy contractor where I was on of the people responsible for providing IT solutions for ships in dry dock for Pacific fleet.  Basically served as Lan Admin for every ship in the Pacific fleet going thru any type of maintenance in the dry docks at San Diego.  

Also when I got out I used my GI bill to get my Software Engineer degree as I wanted to know the non Hardware side of computing as everything I had done up to that date was Hardware and Networking related, however while I did get my degree I learned that Software was NOT my cup of tea.  Not sure where you got the notion I was retired from the Software industry?  As it was an industry I never really entered with the exception of getting the degree!  I did want to make my own game I have took a few cracks at it but in the end I find code about as interesting as watching paint dry, and in the end while I have all kinds of idea's I can't really overcome the frustration code creates for me.  The best I have really done is a few mods in various games....  Which often time really doesn't involve coding per-say as much as just changing already existing code.

You said something nebulous in the past that my brain clearly incorrectly filed as you worked in software. I have never made a mistake before but it was bound to happen eventually. Thanks for clearing up. Since you worked in hardware, my dishwasher isn’t working, can you come over and fix it? I pay in beer.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

You said something nebulous in the past that my brain clearly incorrectly filed as you worked in software. I have never made a mistake before but it was bound to happen eventually. Thanks for clearing up. Since you worked in hardware, my dishwasher isn’t working, can you come over and fix it? I pay in beer.

lol think you would end up with dirty dishes!  

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

lol think you would end up with dirty dishes!  

But but but, I has those already!

unrelated: does anyone have any small children they’d be willing to “subcontract” out as slave labor? I really don’t wanna do housework.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

But but but, I has those already!

Have you tried sticking em in a gunny sack and pulling em behind a boat... works wonders!

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Have you tried sticking em in a gunny sack and pulling em behind a boat... works wonders!

I do not own a boat, and as luck would have it the one friend who does is having his dock rebuilt atm.

On 9/5/2019 at 5:53 PM, eeeceee said:

What is even going on?? Lol!! 🙂

Seems like you're saying that somehow being upset entitles people to something.

Reminds me of the theory that the last wipe occurred when the devs listened to the megas, and it didn't really help the game, so now lots of people don't play anymore.

This thread is about how there is such little players, and the OP is asking for a wipe, because they think that it will somehow magically give the game life, and add new players. It's just silly.

I mean, yeah, wow.

Here's the thing. I actually don't could give a fig less than a crust from my flying bred 100% imprint lvl 123 crow that I don't even really care about which is sad because I should loooove any crusty figs from my crows whether or not there is a wipe. I just want a good game. You fuckers wiping my bred animals just so you can think you are somewhat competitive in what is currently what could be easily argued to be a lame broken "imba" game...... lol. Ok. edit: if not competitive, and you fuckers don't care about competition, then here is your answer: there is plenty of room. Come play. It's not thattttt bad. We just need help to make the game better 🙂

Uhm, when your product is complete shit and down the drain, And you have the option to either screw it over even more, or avoid all the shit you’d be getting. I’d choose the second option. But that’s just.... logic. I know PC players wouldn’t care less. 

Edited by Percieval

Avoid all the shit is the second option?

That is logic?

Care to expand on that?

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I know PC players wouldn’t care less. 

Ya, you quoted me saying I don't care, I just want a good game. What is your point here?

6 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Avoid all the shit is the second option?

That is logic?

Care to expand on that?

Ya, you quoted me saying I don't care, I just want a good game. What is your point here?

Yes you’ll avoid all shit, I guess that isn’t so hard to understand. Or open more servers but that’s not something they’re gonna do with this little community. 

22 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Uhm, when your product is complete shit and down the drain, And you have the option to either screw it over even more, or avoid all the shit you’d be getting. I’d choose the second option. But that’s just.... logic. I know PC players wouldn’t care less. 

Yeah that’s him lol